New Tau Crisis Commander

Please post your Tau Conversions in here.

New Tau Crisis Commander

Shi'ur

27 Aug 2012, 16:12 #1

It's been some time since I've last posted, as life has been at the forefront of my responsibilities... with my models taking the distant back burner. I want to finally get all of my Crisis suits converted, and I needed a new model to represent my Commander. I wanted something that would stand out, but not be totally out of place in a standard Tau army... so I picked up one of the new XV9 suits, and started to add some of my own flair.

So far, I've got his pose mocked up. Now I've got to finish his "Honour Blade", which I use as his badge of leadership, make him a brand new up-scaled carbine of his very own ( the one in the pics belongs to another suit ), and then I'll be on to constructing his hands.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
Converting isn't a skill... it's a way of life!

praetorian13

28 Aug 2012, 05:01 #2

Gorgeous!!!
Great work!
Now if they would only give Tau a new codex!!!!

Shi'ur

29 Aug 2012, 03:48 #3

praetorian13 @ Aug 28 2012, 01:01 AM wrote: Gorgeous!!!
Great work!
Now if they would only give Tau a new codex!!!!
I'm glad that you like it praetorian13. ^_^

Unfortunately, I figure that it'll be some time yet before we're treated with a new Tau codex... ah well.

A small-ish update...

I've got the honour blade completed, but still mulling over the idea of possibly adding a recessed panel on either side of the blades, similar to what's on O'Shovahs Dawn Blade. :scratch:

Odds are that I'll keep it just the way it is now... save for the primer and paint of course. ;)

GreyDeath

09 Sep 2012, 16:20 #4

Hey man as always your Tau impress me.. I like.

I am like you life has been so busy I have not been able to be on much.
Lots of personal stuff and packing all your stuff and putting it in storage really doesn't help much... :(
But I will be back to it one day when I get everything taken care of..

Well great job.. I like it and can't wait to see how you finish it off all painted.
:thumbup:

Nice to see someone posting and giving the Tau some love.
;)

Lord Balok

09 Sep 2012, 17:06 #5

GreyDeath @ Sep 9 2012, 04:20 PM wrote: Nice to see someone posting and giving the Tau some love.
;)
Hey now! I give love to the Tau!

It's a sort of jet-propelled, gyroscopically stabilized, .75 caliber, standard light armor piercing, mass-reactive kind of love, but it's still love!

B)

Shi'ur

10 Sep 2012, 14:09 #6

Not to worry Tut, you'll get everything sorted out in due time. :thumbup:

In the meantime, I can give a smal-ish update on this project. I've almost got the carbine [I Swear Too Much]. Just need to etch the panel lines more deeply then add the round side detail towards the muzzel. Then I'll need to make at least one more to use as my master, so that I can "cheat" making the rest out of resin... and save me countless hours scratch-building a dozen more. :help:

I've got to give the model a quick bath to remove even more of the mold-release agent, as I tried to hand prime a few parts only to discover that I hadn't washed off nearly enough to allow the primer to stick. :blink:

No pictures to show at this point, but I'm hoping to have some with my next update.

++edit++
Here's a picture of the new carbine for my commander. Still needs some more refining on the panel lines so they are more visible, then I"ll add the round detail on the front/sides.

damonx9

08 Oct 2012, 00:52 #7

Oh now thats just awesome. Keep it up.

Lt. Walke

01 Jan 2013, 07:31 #8

Hey Shi'ur looking at your pic I am guessing that they now have a poseable waste?

From what I can see you are keeping the conversion work lower key in the suit area and concentrating on the pose itself and the weapons? Subtler is easier in the long run, easier by far to reproduce,......bloody IG. It is looking good, have you gotten any [Warning No Swearing]? Are you going to do an honour guard, and or bring the rest to the same level?

Walke

Shi'ur

02 Jan 2013, 14:33 #9

Yes, the new XV-9s have a posable waist. :thumbup:

As far as the conversion work goes, yes... I'm keeping it simpler on this model and concentrating on the pose and weapons. An honourguard is indeed in the works/planning, but I will be making them as per my design. I've been labouring on ways to ease/speed up production. ;)

Sadly, I haven't had much time to get him any [Warning No Swearing] along, as my search for Grey Knight hands hasn't been too fruitfull. Looks like I'll be constructing the hands from scratch.

I'd like at one point, to add a bunch more of the XV-9 suits to my Cadre, but that won't be for some time. For now, I'm going to try and concentrate on building up my current inventory of Crisis suits to a "completed conversion" status. I've been finding that under the 6th ed ruleset, my current Crisis suit tactics have been fairly effective. ^_^

Shi'ur

13 Oct 2014, 16:12 #10

Small-ish update. Got the final details [I Swear Too Much] on the carbine ( counts as plasma rifle and missile pod ), and got enough of the mold release off the resin to enable paint to finally stick... finally.

[Warning No Swearing] updates will now be in my PIP thread. For the link, click here

GreyDeath

15 Oct 2014, 03:07 #11

looking good I have always liked how great you make your weapons and suits.

:thumbup: