Necrons, Or Garry Is Doing What Now?

Painting your Tau, Tyranid, Eldar, Necron, Orks & anything Xenos or just wanting to show your [I Swear Too Much] work? Please post in here.

Necrons, Or Garry Is Doing What Now?

Typhoid_Garry

24 Apr 2015, 01:06 #1

So, I spent some time in my local GW a couple of weekends ago while waiting for a painting competition to start. I saw a number of people playing Necron and thought to myself: "Those look like they'd be [Warning No Swearing] to put together, maybe I should get some..." immediately [I Swear Too Much] by "Oh, yeah, I've got two boxes of them waiting at home! Maybe I should put them together and actually learn to play the game..."
So, I put them together. Now, as I spend the next week or two painting them (slightly higher than tabletop standard I'm thinking), I should also learn to play.

A "The Tomb Awakened" box, plus a Battleforce IIRC; I have a box of Warriors somewhere in this room, which, once [I Swear Too Much], will provide bitz to assemble another 5-body Praetorian squad, and however many more Warriors I can build after that.

I'm throwing bases under my larger pieces as well, I just like how it looks and it helps with stability.

They'll basically have bone-color armor over a gray frame, with red and gold details, with the vehicles being mostly red and gray with bone and gold details. All the translucent rods will be red as well.
"The entire Eldar race seems intelligent enough that they shouldn't need caution markings on their vehicles." -Me

My current eBay

Ambience 327

24 Apr 2015, 13:50 #2

Undead Spacemen FTW!

Necrons have always intrigued me, but I've never been in a good position to start a force of them. They seem like an army that would be fairly easy to paint in an easy scheme (like Space Marines), but with a far more sinister overall look. Plus, you can always follow any loss with a quick quip of "I'll be back!" :)

Looks like a fairly interesting army, visually speaking, so I look [I Swear Too Much] to seeing how it shapes up as you get it painted.