Leviathan Titan "excudo Mortis"

Please post your Chaos Conversions in here.

Leviathan Titan "excudo Mortis"

Hellwolve

26 Jan 2014, 20:06 #1

A good [I Swear Too Much] of mine gave me a Leviathan Mortis by Dreamforge Games as a present for Christmas. I wanted one for as long as I've been building my Iron Warriors, so you can understand how happy I was with my first Titan :D

Today, I had the time to start the construction of the Titan I christened the Leviathan Titan "Excudo Mortis" B)

So far, I [I Swear Too Much] the legs:

As implied, I'll be using it with my Iron Warriors, so I already started to 'Chaos-fy' it some more with those two plates. I'll probably add more stuff, but most of it will be done when the thing is complete.

Looking [I Swear Too Much] to comments and criticism :) I hope some of you will follow it's construction 'til the end!
"...and the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

27 Jan 2014, 20:14 #2

Today's day of building yielded the following main components. First, the pelvis:

I'm very impressed by the quality of the kit. They make an effort to cover up mould lines and seams with other pieces that have, at the very least, their mould lines and/or seams in a different way, so they 'vanish'.

Also, it's very possible. The legs have about four points of articulation and the spine, there, can rotate. Speaking of possible, the first arm:

That's a Titan sized Powerfist and yes, it's the exact same 'bit' in both pictures :) Not quite sure if I'll settle on a pose for all this and lock it later on, but I'll see about it when it's done.

Now, a bonus pic:

As said, I'm impressed by the quality. Not only of the kit itself, but also the smart packaging. As you can see, the sprues actually stack neatly. Neat, huh?
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

29 Jan 2014, 22:03 #3

Day three of building this beast and I've started work on the torso. This is the base, with the shoulder joints in place.

I figure all his 'appendages' need to show their allegiance to (Warhammer 40K) Chaos, so I added a Chaos icon to the back of the Powerfist. It's a WHFB Chaos Knight icon I had laying around - there's an distinct advantage of building Chaos for both WHFB and 40K ;)

I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

30 Jan 2014, 21:26 #4

Today was a busy day for Excudo Mortis. I virtually [I Swear Too Much] the torso:

And, of course I got creative adding specific Chaos details:

I consciously left it relatively simple. I've always viewed the Iron Warriors as one of the 'cleaner' Chaos factions. No need for over-ornate decorations or too big a Demonic infestation :) Especially like the spiked shoulder pad I made. The other shoulderpad I left detached so I could work on it more easily:

I'm 'sculpting' the Iron Warriors icon there, using a WHFB skull temple bit as the base. After the green stuff has cured, I'll cut it a bit for crisper edges and add the vertical band with rivets. Quite pleased with how it's turning out so far :)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

04 Feb 2014, 18:50 #5

And here's the [I Swear Too Much] icon:

It's not perfect, I guess, but it is just the right amount of quality for the rest of the model, in my humble opinion :)

I received the parts I needed to Chaos-ify the ranged weaponry arms in the mail today, so those are up next :)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

05 Feb 2014, 21:17 #6

As promised, I've started building the first ranged wapen arm for my Chaos Titan; a artillery cannon that'd make a Imperial Guard Basilisk jealous:

Here's the front of it, with most of the barrel:

I stuck half a Chaos weapon to each side. As soon as the glue has hardend, out comes the trusty Green Stuff to smooth things over :)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

06 Feb 2014, 15:24 #7

Pictures speak louder than words, so I'll just say I [I Swear Too Much] the artillery cannon:

My favorite view, it's length compared to a Chaos Predator:

Yup, it's damn big B)

Also, I know this thread is being view, judging by the numbers, but I'd like to hear people's opinion ;)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

08 Feb 2014, 16:27 #8

It's done! Well, for the greatest part. I'll make a scenic base for the beast and probably two more arms, but, well, by and by large, it's done :D Feast your eyes on the photos B)

And the 'scenic beauty [I Swear Too Much]':

:thumbup:
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

KingAzog

08 Feb 2014, 16:50 #9

Hey, my first time here in the Chaos section (it's cold and dark here... wait... what's moving there?)

Great model!

Could you give me a comparison between the leviathan's cannon and a earthshaker (basilisk) cannon?

thank you very much! :thumbup:

Hellwolve

08 Feb 2014, 18:41 #10

KingAzog @ Feb 8 2014, 05:50 PM wrote:Hey, my first time here in the Chaos section (it's cold and dark here... wait... what's moving there?)
Better you don't ask, ser. We like you here B)
KingAzog @ Feb 8 2014, 05:50 PM wrote:Great model!
Thanks! I had a lot of [Warning No Swearing] making it, and making it my own :)
KingAzog @ Feb 8 2014, 05:50 PM wrote:Could you give me a comparison between the  leviathan's cannon and a earthshaker (basilisk) cannon?

thank you very much!  :thumbup:
I'd love to, but, I don't own the latter. The Leviathan's cannon is roughly 26 cm long, if that helps?
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

KingAzog

10 Feb 2014, 08:01 #11

Yes, it helps a lot! Thank you!

:scratch: ... baneblade... leviathan cannon...

as soon as I can get rid of these pesky tentacles and I get outta here, I'll manage to buy one and make a super heavy conversion...

:D

Hellwolve

10 Feb 2014, 11:55 #12

Sounds like a proper plan! Have [Warning No Swearing] - and be sure to leave a link in my inbox to the thread once the time is there ;)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Slayer le boucher

20 Feb 2014, 02:30 #13

Dreamforge Leviathans are amongst the best Mechs models i had the joy to temper with.

i only have a 15mm Crusader( din't [I Swear Too Much] any Mortis at the time) but i had a blast building it and converting it to the Chaos Gods.

A kit this good looking and of this size should really look awesome with LEDs!

Hellwolve

20 Feb 2014, 13:12 #14

Slayer le boucher @ Feb 20 2014, 03:30 AM wrote:Dreamforge Leviathans are amongst the best Mechs models i had the joy to temper with.

i only have a 15mm Crusader( din't [I Swear Too Much] any Mortis at the time) but i had a blast building it and converting it to the Chaos Gods.
I quite agree! It was a pleasant surprise to [I Swear Too Much] how well thought-out the kit is :)
Slayer le boucher @ Feb 20 2014, 03:30 AM wrote:A kit this good looking and of this size should really look awesome with LEDs!
Maybe, but, I don't know. I like converting, but IMHO that'd be too much ;)

In other news, I'm still waiting for some bits for the second set of arms. In the mean time, I [I Swear Too Much] the first member of it's crew, a Chaos Moderati:

I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Fireball

23 Feb 2014, 20:45 #15

and you can now even use it in a game with real points, since the model fits the imperial knight pretty well. (although i guess the Mortis is a bit bigger than the Knight model to come)
look at my horse, my horse is amazing...

Hellwolve

23 Feb 2014, 20:53 #16

Heh, yeah, that was one of my first thoughts, too. Guess I'll need to convert a chain weapon close combat arm ;)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

GreyDeath

24 Feb 2014, 11:25 #17

Nice models and I think it would make a Knight titan also..
Very cool and like all the small but very effective conversion and bits you added to make it that much more detailed. And the artillary cannon is awesome.. great job.
I have wanted the twin Vulcan cannon one..
And I maybe will get two smaller 15mm scale ones also... nice.

Great christmas gift.. nice.

an hellwolve check out their site they sell chainswords for them and other weapon arms.. ;)

Hellwolve

26 Feb 2014, 16:17 #18

GreyDeath @ Feb 24 2014, 12:25 PM wrote:Nice models and I think it would make a Knight titan also..
Very cool and like all the small but very effective conversion and bits you added to make it that much more detailed.  And the artillary cannon is awesome.. great job.
Thanks for the comment and compliments! Sometimes it only takes a few small things to make a model your own ;)
GreyDeath @ Feb 24 2014, 12:25 PM wrote:I have wanted the twin Vulcan cannon one..
And I maybe will get two smaller 15mm scale ones also... nice.

Great christmas gift.. nice.
Quite right! Best Christmas evar ;)
GreyDeath @ Feb 24 2014, 12:25 PM wrote:an  hellwolve  check out their site they sell chainswords for them and other weapon arms..  ;)
Oh, I know. But then the scythe arm I've got left would go to waste ;)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

29 May 2015, 10:25 #19

Given the monetary value of the kit, I really should put more effort in this thing, looking back at it.

Guess what, I'm doing just that B) No photos yet, just 'bumping' this thread ;)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

30 Oct 2015, 16:45 #20

It's been a while since my last update, but here's the first part of the aforementioned effort to increase detail level:

I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

Hellwolve

04 Nov 2015, 00:14 #21

The lack of replies other than my own won't keep me - as established before, I seem to have regular watchers ;) Carrying on after the last update, given my Chaos Titan/Knight is of the Iron Warriors, I [I Swear Too Much] it'd be fitting to give him a second arm with ranged weaponry. Enter this big- double Hades autocannon B)

I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

treadhead

05 Nov 2015, 05:09 #22

Awesome work especially the twin linkage :thumbup: oh and the tentacles on the ribs / chin area B)

I like the banner as well, did you consider placing it in the usual (low hanging loin cloth :lol:) position?

Outstanding use of gubbins throughout though :D
c & c welcomed, kudos accepted, blame shifted
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/treadhead2/
S,M,A,K,I,B,B,F,B

Dsann

06 Nov 2015, 20:54 #23

Wow thats a big ol pile of ranged F*** YOU :D (srsly tho really nice model dude)

Hellwolve

21 Apr 2016, 07:59 #24

treadhead @ Nov 5 2015, 06:09 AM wrote:Awesome work especially the twin linkage :thumbup:  oh and the tentacles on the ribs / chin area B)

(...)

Outstanding use of gubbins throughout though :D
Thanks for the compliment :D Still feel I'm not quite up to par with the other kitbashers out there, but, I'm more proud nowadays ;)
treadhead @ Nov 5 2015, 06:09 AM wrote:I like the banner as well, did you consider placing it in the usual (low hanging loin cloth :lol:) position?
I did, but, the curved codpiece makes that rather hard.
Dsann @ Nov 6 2015, 09:54 PM wrote:Wow thats a big ol pile of ranged F*** YOU :D (srsly tho really nice model dude)
Thanks, thanks B)
I adapt to the unknown
By myself but not alone"

treadhead

25 Apr 2016, 05:30 #25

Jewelers chain (or some other cheaper similarly scaled bit of gubbins) might work quite nicely for the loin cloth idea but I've yet to [I Swear Too Much] a good source for it in the UK :(

I did get some years ago from a model railway shop so you could try that route if the idea appeals :thumbup:
c & c welcomed, kudos accepted, blame shifted
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/treadhead2/
S,M,A,K,I,B,B,F,B