Horror Time! Contest Winner

For Official Contests only. Can only be posted by Mods/Admins etc. So they are official for the site only if posted in here.

Horror Time! Contest Winner

The Contest Guy

17 Nov 2014, 01:54 #1

And the creepiest entry, picked by you good folks, is

By Klaus, Not Santa.

Congratulations!

We'll have another contest for you soon.
"The Contest Guy"
The Judge & Jury of All Contests.

T.C.

17 Nov 2014, 18:29 #2

Congrats :thumbup:

(I'm just pleased I got an entry in for once!)
Who's intellectual close friends get to call him T.C.
Providing it's with dignity.

Klaus, not Santa

17 Nov 2014, 21:29 #3

Thank you :)

I just hope we can raise awareness of contests a bit better, get more participation, and get more voters next time - well that's my wishlist for Santa :D

Thank you to my two co-competitors.
Cheers
klaus

Ambience 327

18 Nov 2014, 14:48 #4

Congrats. I loved your piece. The shadow figure on the wall is my favorite bit - great bit of painting there that really sells the "darkness" of the room.

As to participation, I have to say the restriction to "no aliens" really hampered me here. I would have loved to have participated, but I have extremely limited hobby time, and right now the projects I am working on would not have fit the theme. Had aliens been allowed, I could have worked on my Genestealer Patriarch and entered him. But oh well, maybe next time. :vryhppy:

One thing I've been wanting to mention, that I've noticed, is that there seems to be a lack of comments on a lot of people's work. The more "famous" (for lack of a better term) folks around here, like Klaus, get lots of interest in their work (and rightly so), but some of the lesser-known folks around here (like me) get very few comments. I don't know about you guys, but the main reason I like to share my modelling work on a forum like this is to get [I Swear Too Much], suggestions and constructive criticism. If that isn't happening, many people will be less likely to continue posting their work.

Now, I'm not calling anyone out on this - as I am quite guilty of it myself much of the time - but I am personally trying to make an effort to at least comment on a few threads each week and offer encouragement and helpful comments where I can.

Klaus, not Santa

20 Nov 2014, 07:44 #5

You are absolutely correct Ambience.
The responses, communication and collaboration has dropped considerably.
And not only in posts of "Newcomers", it's almost everywhere.

But I must also admit, that I'm participating less and less too. There is so much to read, so many other forums and blogs, that I'm mainly consuming these days.
A lot of time, there is not much I could say, other than "Oh nice, great build", but after the umpteenth time, this gets old. So usually I just read, and only comment if there is really something essential I can provide - be that a recommendation, an idea, or just a real excited compliment.

The WIP forum has always been one of the more disciplined ones, where the posts weren't littered with useless comments and bashing, but on the other hand this now seems to restrain all of us from real "collaboration".

Just my 2c :)
Cheers
klaus

Mechanicore

20 Nov 2014, 23:38 #6

This model is really neat and the shadow effect is great. But what is going on here. Is the spaider scared of the shadow? And they creating the illusion on purpose? What is on the standing guy's head?

Klaus, not Santa

21 Nov 2014, 08:52 #7

:lol:
Well the idea here is that the "boy", who is a real Halloween movie fan, is scaring his "mum", using a toy model and a flashlight.
But at the same time he's stalked by a giant spider, emerging from the depths of his wall-cupboard...
It's Halloween after all :)

If I had the time to complete the paintjob, the boy would wear chackered pyjamas and the Mom a skirt and sneakers.
The white ball under the spider was supposed to be another small light, giving ectra, scary light effects to the spider, while the rest of the room would be darker and have more shadows.

Oh, and what's on the head? It's her hair standing up :tongue:

Cheers
Klaus

trollmeat

22 Nov 2014, 01:28 #8

It did take me a moment to figure out what was happening in the scene, but I blame that on the fact that I was viewing it on a tiny phone screen :D

Mechanicore

24 Nov 2014, 22:20 #9

Ah ha. I see now.