Project64 2.1

News about the forum
New members please READ the rules

Project64 2.1

WldFb
User

10 Aug 2013, 08:58 #1

A few months ago a new version of the emulator was released.
I've been using it for some time and I had some problems at first, but after changing a few options everything seems to work fine.

You can find it here:
http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/binaries/

Install in any new folder (you don't have to uninstall the previous version).
To make it work, you have to set a few things.
Copy the Rice Plugin files from the old emulator:
- BGMlib.dll (main folder)
- RiceVideo.dll (plugin)
- RiceVideoDbg.dll (plugin)
into the new emulator folder (the first one in the main folder and the other ones in plugin\GFX

In plugin\GFX you can create the "hires_texture" folder.

The cheat file goes into \config in this version.

If you open the emulator and try to set your plugins, you should be able to select RiceVideo now. The plugin settings should be already ok (make sure that the Frame Buffer is set to None).

Also, make sure the other options are set like this:
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3786/6myr.png

If you have problems with the controller (for example with the multiple specials code) try using a different plugin such as Jabo's DirectInput 1.6).

You will notice that the cheat window is a bit different, the code you're editing doesn't pop up but you extend the window to the right. There is no code limit now, so you can have more than 500 (I'm not sure if the limit is infinite or just higher, but you don't have to worry about it).

I tested this on No Mercy mostly, but I've just had a quick match in VPW2 and it works there too.

frog
User
frog
User

13 Oct 2013, 20:17 #2

Hey,

I'm having a little issue with this. Basically I've textured an entrance attire for rock and it loads fine in the smackdown mall but during his actual entrance it's not reading the texture. Any idea what setting I'd have to change?

jcsix
User

11 Mar 2014, 00:30 #3

I think we discussed this before, but was not completely sure on the differences of the settings.

Initially, I'v been using these fine with hacks and everything at the correct speed:
http://i.imgur.com/90vyUiN.png

The differences are 32 Bit Engien, Fixed Audio Timing, Use TLB, Sync Using Audio, Advance Block Linki and TLB unmapping

I think some of the settings you use was because of hacks? But I'v personally never encountered those problems before. I have no idea on the other settings that are different that seem to work for me.

frog
User
frog
User

31 Dec 2014, 06:56 #4

Sorry to bump an old topic but I was hoping to get some help.

Mudlords Rice plug in 6.1.4 used on project64 2.0 or 2.1 seems to continuously crash my game. I need this plug in to use dx's multiplay menu code with the hell in a cell and all that. As far as I know this is the only plug in that works with his code. and what a code it is!

However I cant play a match at the moment cause the thing keeps crashing. Right after the loading textures screen at various times. sometimes half the screen goes white, sometimes I'll make it to the menu but words are missing. Othertimes the match will be about to load and it just crashes.

Any idea what might be causing this? I usually get a message that says emulation has stopped. I'd love to get passed it.

31 Dec 2014, 23:27 #5

I had the same problem too, but using the Glide64 Final plugin seems to work perfectly fine. It loads Rice's textures with no issues.

27 Feb 2015, 05:13 #6

A quick note that will help hackers, the limit for codes now is 146 lines, instead of 100.

So, no need to split move-set hacks into two parts, anymore, ect...

27 Feb 2015, 09:03 #7

Cheers for the heads up, CBV. When sharing slots, movesets can take up to 13 99-line cheats so this will take a bit of time out of the cutting and pasting saga since even the longest moveset codes will need no more than 8 separate cheats now

WldFb
User

27 Feb 2015, 09:20 #8

cowboyvenus @ Feb 27 2015, 06:13 AM wrote: A quick note that will help hackers, the limit for codes now is 146 lines, instead of 100.

So, no need to split move-set hacks into two parts, anymore, ect...

I didn't know about that, thanks.

02 Mar 2015, 17:15 #9

jcsix @ Mar 11 2014, 01:30 AM wrote: I think we discussed this before, but was not completely sure on the differences of the settings.

Initially, I'v been using these fine with hacks and everything at the correct speed:
http://i.imgur.com/90vyUiN.png

The differences are 32 Bit Engien, Fixed Audio Timing, Use TLB, Sync Using Audio, Advance Block Linki and TLB unmapping

I think some of the settings you use was because of hacks? But I'v personally never encountered those problems before. I have no idea on the other settings that are different that seem to work for me.

Raise the counter factor in your settings. That should help.

01 Jun 2015, 15:03 #10

There is a limit for amount of codes you can use in 2.1.

I'm going to try 2.2 and see if it works.