Caserol23
Comic Reader
Caserol23
Comic Reader

12 September 2018 18:35 #201

dragon78 wrote:It didn't help that W.i.t.c.h was on a channel that few people watched, if it was on the regular Disney channel things might have been different.

I will never understand Wynx's popularity.

I really don't like the idea of them splitting it into 4 volumes per arc instead of 3.
winx club is more colorful and cheerful faces than w.i.t.c.h., however w.i.t.c.h is more maturity than winx club - winx club is really disgusting storylines than w.i.t.c.h.

Sent from my Nexus Nova using Tapatalk

Caserol23
Comic Reader
Caserol23
Comic Reader

13 September 2018 17:16 #202

galistar07water wrote:I wished they had used the cover with Orube on it with Will in the 3rd saga. But at least she appeared in the cover with all the other Guardians.
yeah, two of them are my favorite characters

galistar07water
top poster

14 September 2018 04:58 #203

Caserol23 wrote: winx club is more colorful and cheerful faces than w.i.t.c.h., however w.i.t.c.h is more maturity than winx club - winx club is really disgusting storylines than w.i.t.c.h.

To each their own opinions. 🙂 I do love W.I.T.C.H. better than Winx Club for its darker and more mature stories as well, but I still appreciate some of Winx's lessons on friendships, love, and sacrifices.

Anyway, I think the reason Yen Press is dividing the 5th story arc into 4 volumes is because it has 14 issues instead of the usual 12. I'm assuming they wanted to divide the story up more evenly. Hopefully, they'll go back to 3 volumes when they reach the Ragorlang saga. After that...I honestly have no idea. By the time the 7th saga, New Power, started, each issues has less pages. After the Teach 2b WITCH saga, we started getting random, generic, one-issue storylines. By the time we get to the very last few issues, the page number count practically reduced to half the amount than when the series first started. I can only guess that if Yen Press ever gets to them, the volumes will be thinner. 

W.I.T.C.H. K.O.K.E. is brought to you by Kandrakar and the Gemini Council. Drink some magic!
Signature credited to skeiter-girl on DA for the beautiful artworks and permission
My DeviantArt Page W.I.T.C.H. Dreams of Lusteria

Caserol23
Comic Reader
Caserol23
Comic Reader

14 September 2018 05:40 #204

galistar07water wrote: To each their own opinions.  I do love W.I.T.C.H. better than Winx Club for its darker and more mature stories as well, but I still appreciate some of Winx's lessons on friendships, love, and sacrifices.

Anyway, I think the reason Yen Press is dividing the 5th story arc into 4 volumes is because it has 14 issues instead of the usual 12. I'm assuming they wanted to divide the story up more evenly. Hopefully, they'll go back to 3 volumes when they reach the Ragorlang saga. After that...I honestly have no idea. By the time the 7th saga, New Power, started, each issues has less pages. After the Teach 2b WITCH saga, we started getting random, generic, one-issue storylines. By the time we get to the very last few issues, the page number count practically reduced to half the amount than when the series first started. I can only guess that if Yen Press ever gets to them, the volumes will be thinner. 
w.i.t.c.h. comics is easily to reprint now, why it easily print this nowdays :( yen press is now working easily by this :(

Lemon-Lime
Comic Fan
Lemon-Lime
Comic Fan

15 September 2018 06:13 #205

I grew up with both series, and I can easily say that Winx has a really good angle when it comes to adventure stories, and carries this automatic sense of nostalgia (which is entirely purposeful - it emulates 1970s anime, which was huge in Italy), even moreso now that it's one of the last television series to use traditional hand-drawn animation. W.I.T.C.H., however, has the advantage of having more grounded, realistic stories and dynamic characters who actually interact, clash, and grow.
Beep Boop

Caserol23
Comic Reader
Caserol23
Comic Reader

15 September 2018 06:28 #206

Lemon-Lime wrote:I grew up with both series, and I can easily say that Winx has a really good angle when it comes to adventure stories, and carries this automatic sense of nostalgia (which is entirely purposeful - it emulates 1970s anime, which was huge in Italy), even moreso now that it's one of the last television series to use traditional hand-drawn animation. W.I.T.C.H., however, has the advantage of having more grounded, realistic stories and dynamic characters who actually interact, clash, and grow.
hmmm... sounds interesting

galistar07water
top poster

18 September 2018 16:48 #207

Now that YenPress is distributing W.I.T.C.H., I really do wish that Disney would pick up W.I.T.C.H. like it did for Big Hero 6. I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan, and when I saw the trailers for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III video game, I thought, "Wow, it would be so cool if Disney and SquareEnix would include the world of the Guardians in its KH games! Imagine, Sora and his team meeting up with the Guardians to fight against the Darkness. I would die if this really does become a reality." But alas, it's probably too big of a dream.

W.I.T.C.H. K.O.K.E. is brought to you by Kandrakar and the Gemini Council. Drink some magic!
Signature credited to skeiter-girl on DA for the beautiful artworks and permission

pokemastercube
online gardener
pokemastercube
online gardener

19 September 2018 14:44 #208

i know the feeling, cos when disney got marvel i wished they would pass the IP to them and we could have seen something done there, even if it was one of the "not marvel things but published by them"
crazy and proud

sinekashii
Comic Reader
sinekashii
Comic Reader

19 September 2018 15:08 #209

I'm just super glad that they've reprinted so far. 5th arc was were I left off with in Denmark when I moved to UK.

Back then UK just stopped publishing witch with #25 which was actually my first witch issue in the UK. It made me feel incomplete tbh.

But with these reprints I feel so complete and when I get the 5th arc done on my book shelf I'm gonna cry ahhhh :')

galistar07water
top poster

19 September 2018 17:44 #210

sinekashii wrote:But with these reprints I feel so complete and when I get the 5th arc done on my book shelf I'm gonna cry ahhhh :')
I fawn over how beautiful the new Yen Press W.I.T.C.H. comics look on my shelves as well. Apparently, I have a problem because I'm obsessed with how books and graphic novels must look on my shelves. I really hate it when publishing companies change book covers in the middle of a series or when they don't make books with the newer covers available in hardcovers.

Anyway, saw YenPress retweeting this from Halloween ComicFest about W.I.T.C.H. it makes me smile: 

dragon78
going up, going down?
dragon78
going up, going down?

22 September 2018 12:26 #211

W.i.t.c.h. would have been so cool for a Kingdom Hearts game. Also Kim Possible, Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Gargoyles, Gravity Falls, etc. would be cool as well.

chevalierkraken
Comic Fan

24 September 2018 00:32 #212

From what I saw, the graphic novel make very good sales, the sales for each new arc are better than My little Pony and Duck tales 2017 graphic novel.
And actually, it's make better sales in US than most of the manga series except the 5 bigger(One Piece, Boruto, My hero Academia, Attack on Titan, One Punch man)

dragon78
going up, going down?
dragon78
going up, going down?

24 September 2018 11:08 #213

Were did you get your information?

galistar07water
top poster

24 September 2018 19:21 #214

chevalierkraken wrote: From what I saw, the graphic novel make very good sales, the sales for each new arc are better than My little Pony and Duck tales 2017 graphic novel.
And actually, it's make better sales in US than most of the manga series except the 5 bigger(One Piece, Boruto, My hero Academia, Attack on Titan, One Punch man)
Where did you get this information?