sinekashii
Comic Reader
sinekashii
Comic Reader

2:04 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #176

dragon78 wrote: I do like that group shot but also like covers with just Will. Though covers with the villains are nice as well.
There's a lot of Will covers even she's the big illustration with tiny illustrations of the other girls being in witch form :)

galistar07water
top poster

6:32 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #177

I wished they had used the cover with Orube on it with Will in the 3rd saga. But at least she appeared in the cover with all the other Guardians.

W.I.T.C.H. K.O.K.E. is brought to you by Kandrakar and the Gemini Council. Drink some magic!
Signature credited to skeiter-girl on DA for the beautiful artworks and permission
My DeviantArt Page W.I.T.C.H. Dreams of Lusteria

sinekashii
Comic Reader
sinekashii
Comic Reader

7:05 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #178

galistar07water wrote: I wished they had used the cover with Orube on it with Will in the 3rd saga. But at least she appeared in the cover with all the other Guardians.
This so much! In Denmark they had a cover for her specially even tho it wasn't in the Italy release. She definitely deserve a cover of hers. She's in the next arc too tho son hope they do it.

galistar07water
top poster

10:10 PM - Aug 07, 2018 #179

In the 5th arc, Orube only appears on the cover of issue #49. It is possible that Yen Press might use that one, but I think they'll use the 50th issue.

If it were me, I would choose these three covers for Yen Press' next re-release of the 5th arc

W.I.T.C.H. K.O.K.E. is brought to you by Kandrakar and the Gemini Council. Drink some magic!
Signature credited to skeiter-girl on DA for the beautiful artworks and permission

pokemastercube
online gardener
pokemastercube
online gardener

11:43 AM - Aug 08, 2018 #180

deffenatly good picks, of all of them i think the 50th issue cover is a must no-matter what
crazy and proud

galistar07water
top poster

4:38 PM - Aug 08, 2018 #181

But looking at how Yen Press chose their covers on the first 4 arcs, I'm going to guess that these covers might be what they're choosing next for the 5th arc instead. They're not terrible covers, but I feel as if they're not as dramatic. ;p (we should play a cover guessing game here while we wait for the new re-release to come out and have a mini discussion about our picks and guesses😊)

pokemastercube
online gardener
pokemastercube
online gardener

10:49 AM - Aug 09, 2018 #182

is it bad to wish they comission new art?
crazy and proud

galistar07water
top poster

6:09 PM - Aug 09, 2018 #183

Sadly, I don't think these publishing companies can commission new art, but use what's already available and re-edit it to make it ready for (re)release in English.

Lemon-Lime
Comic Fan
Lemon-Lime
Comic Fan

12:08 AM - Aug 15, 2018 #184

Surely Disney has a stockpile of promotional art they can send Yen Press? 
Beep Boop

MoonCloud217
top poster

10:22 AM - Aug 20, 2018 #185

i think the covers should be more relevant to the story inside, in the last arcs all they did was put happy smiley faces on front, even when the story was serious, which was a shame and gave a false image on what the magazine contained, i think they just tried to sell more, but in the end it had the opposite effect because new customers didnt get what they expected.
"the queen of WITCH since forever" --- Omar @ facebook.com/MoonCloud217

galistar07water
top poster

5:53 PM - Aug 21, 2018 #186

Indeed. If it were me, these are the covers I would have chosen for the 4th arc because it feels that they would be more relevant to the arc's story:

dragon78
going up, going down?
dragon78
going up, going down?

11:27 AM - Aug 25, 2018 #187

I like every cover they have picked so far.

yoemeuunito
Comic Fan

3:32 PM - Aug 27, 2018 #188

dragon78 wrote: I hope they sell well and actually release at least up to new power.
Oh, that would be awesome.

pokemastercube
online gardener
pokemastercube
online gardener

3:49 PM - Aug 27, 2018 #189

i personally hope they are able to get all the arcs done, even if parts of the later arcs are not as strong as the early stuff
crazy and proud

yoemeuunito
Comic Fan

4:49 PM - Aug 27, 2018 #190

Anyone have any idea's how it's looking review wise? That can be an indicator on how well its being recieved.

galistar07water
top poster

3:48 AM - Aug 30, 2018 #191

I've been thinking that maybe it doesn't matter how well received the comics are, Yen Press is most likely going to finish re-printing all the issues. (I'm not sure about the special issues, though.) Since Yen Press is also a manga distributor for English-speakers, that means they tend to finish translating and (re)printing all volumes of a manga/comic series.

And hey, check this out! I use Goodread dot com to keep track of my reading, and I saw they already put up the synopsis for part 5, vol 1 and 2 before Amazons:

Part V The Book of Elements vol. 1:
An Enemy Redeemed?

The girls are growing into their powers, but possibly not quickly enough...? As their elemental magic swells, the girls begin losing control of their frighteningly increased abilities. Possibly even more frightening, though, is that Cedric is back...and getting a second chance from the Oracle?!?

How will the girls cope when one of their oldest and most dangerous foes sets up shop in Heatherfield...?

Part V The Book of Elements vol 2
Running Heatherfield's Ye Olde Book Shop isn't the new life Cedric wanted for himself, but it may have given the perfect opportunity for revenge! With the Book of Elements and the secrets it contains, Cedric's found the power he needs to finish the Guardians once and for all, but is that what he really wants...?

It looks like they haven't gotten vol 3 up yet, but it says that the expected date of release so far is January 22, 2019

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40929042-w-i-t-c-h
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40929044-w-i-t-c-h

Edit:
No, wait...they just put it on Amazon and it's also 2 vol. I don't know if they're condensing it down to 2 omnibus, or if they haven't gotten to vol 3 yet.

MoonCloud217
top poster

8:53 AM - Sep 06, 2018 #192

if what you say is true, we might finally see physical english copies of issues past 74.
at last, after all these years... 😢 it feels a bit unreal. but i hope they won't become "rare" as the philippine issues..
because, well, even if us translators put so much work into finishing the story, and even if there is a risk of our work becoming "useless",
i think all fans deserve as good quality as possible.. that was the goal after all .. 

and who knows, maybe without us, the fandom wouldnt still be alive 10 years (!) after the philippines stopped publishing. 
and then, as a humble thought, maybe yenpress wouldnt have released anything if Witch wasnt still popular online 😇 ? 
i don't know, i guess i just want to believe that our many many hours of work wasn't in vain. 
"the queen of WITCH since forever" --- Omar @ facebook.com/MoonCloud217

galistar07water
top poster

5:59 PM - Sep 06, 2018 #193

I don't think our efforts were all in vain. Even with YenPress re-releasing the comics, there are still W.I.T.C.H. fans in some countries who probably can't buy them, so I like to think most likely they turned to us for our fan-translated comic scans.

This may seemed vain coming from me, but I like to think that I and many Deviantart artists have helped kept the fandom going with our fan arts, inspiring others to draw their own. After I started drawing a lot of W.I.T.C.H. Power Girl fan arts, I started to see other artists drawing them for W.I.T.C.H. and their OCs, too.

galistar07water
top poster

7:37 AM - Sep 11, 2018 #194

I was browsing around Amazon and noticed that they're splitting Part V: The Book Of Elements into 4 volumes. As of this post, t says that Yen Press will release the first 2 volumes January 22, 2019 and the the last 2 volumes on May 21.

Since Part 5 is 14 issues long, how do you think they'll split up into 4 volumes? For me, I'm guessing they might do the usual 4 issues per volumes for the first 2 volumes, then 3 issues per volume for the last 2 volumes in May.
Last edited by galistar07water on 9:58 PM - Sep 11, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

pokemastercube
online gardener
pokemastercube
online gardener

12:40 PM - Sep 11, 2018 #195

thats intresting, cos they could have stuck at 3 volumes by doing 4 and 2 books of 5
crazy and proud

Caserol23
Comic Reader
Caserol23
Comic Reader

3:45 AM - Sep 12, 2018 #196

galistar07water wrote:Went to my local bookstore yesterday...they pulled down the W.I.T.C.H. comics from the shelf...doesn't this mean that it's not making enough sales that Barnes and Nobles had to pull them from the shelf to make room for other books? Sometimes, I feel as if I'm the only customer who bought them there...
oh no, that was so lonely...

Sent from my Nexus Nova using Tapatalk

Caserol23
Comic Reader
Caserol23
Comic Reader

3:51 AM - Sep 12, 2018 #197

MoonCloud217 wrote:oh no :( sorry to hear that ...

all sweden has nowadays is Winx though .. grr.. 
winx is more popularity and disgusting storylines I've ever seen than W.I.T.C.H., I don't know why winx club continued over many seasons, but W.I.T.C.H.?! - is totally over Season 2...

Winx club is popular here in Philippines, I can seen it on malls, restaurants here in "Manila"...

I'm so sadden it for many many years that W.I.T.C.H. is totally dead :'(

galistar07water
top poster

4:26 AM - Sep 12, 2018 #198

I actually like both W.I.T.C.H. and Winx Club (I still think W.I.T.C.H. is better). Sadly, W.I.T.C.H. didn't have better marketing compare to Winx Club. But then again, Winx Club is sort of fading here in North America after Nickeledeon decided to drop its dubbing contract with Rainbow. Despite the lower popularity in North America, Winx Club still manages to do very well in Europe and continued to find ways to market its series in North America (via Netflix streaming) etc.

Unfortunately for W.I.T.C.H., Disney butchered its marketing here in North America. Very sad they canceled the animated series after only 2 seasons and Hyperion stopped publishing the comics halfway through the 2nd saga. Fortunately for us, the comics continued to be published in English (in the Philippines) until the end of the 6th saga. Even better, the manga/comic distributor, YenPress, picked up W.I.T.C.H. and are re-releasing the comics, uncensored like Disney Hyperion. So far, we know that Yen Press will release the 5th arc next year. This seemed very hopeful because it's very likely that we'll get to see all the issues re-released. Can't say for certain on the special issues, though, since YenPress hasn't announced it yet.

Caserol23
Comic Reader
Caserol23
Comic Reader

5:06 AM - Sep 12, 2018 #199

galistar07water wrote:I actually like both W.I.T.C.H. and Winx Club (I still think W.I.T.C.H. is better). Sadly, W.I.T.C.H. didn't have better marketing compare to Winx Club. But then again, Winx Club is sort of fading here in North America after Nickeledeon decided to drop its dubbing contract with Rainbow. Despite the lower popularity in North America, Winx Club still manages to do very well in Europe and continued to find ways to market its series in North America (via Netflix streaming) etc.

Unfortunately for W.I.T.C.H., Disney butchered its marketing here in North America. Very sad they canceled the animated series after only 2 seasons and Hyperion stopped publishing the comics halfway through the 2nd saga. Fortunately for us, the comics continued to be published in English (in the Philippines) until the end of the 6th saga. Even better, the manga/comic distributor, YenPress, picked up W.I.T.C.H. and are re-releasing the comics, uncensored like Disney Hyperion. So far, we know that Yen Press will release the 5th arc next year. This seemed very hopeful because it's very likely that we'll get to see all the issues re-released. Can't say for certain on the special issues, though, since YenPress hasn't announced it yet.
yeah, I'm still waiting that reprint the comics, I had only one issue remain on shelf and the only "first issue" (Halloween), and the rest of my comics is washed away by flood here in Philippines, I'm still waiting... :(

dragon78
going up, going down?
dragon78
going up, going down?

6:15 PM - Sep 12, 2018 #200

It didn't help that W.i.t.c.h was on a channel that few people watched, if it was on the regular Disney channel things might have been different.

I will never understand Wynx's popularity.

I really don't like the idea of them splitting it into 4 volumes per arc instead of 3.