Swollen Frenulum?

Swollen Frenulum?

OpenSesame
OpenSesame

September 19th, 2017, 6:11 pm #1

First of all, thanks to everyone for the info on this forum, it's been really helpful. Short version is down below.

I've only recently realized I have phimosis and the stretching exercises I see everywhere tend to be very frustrating for me, since I have long foreskin that makes it difficult to reach the phimotic ring. Then I read that a common cause of phimosis is unusual masturbation methods that don't stretch the foreskin during adolescence (true for me) and that one solution is to start masturbating conventionally. Made sense to me, so I thought I'd try that for a while and go back to trying to stretch if it didn't help.

First time went fine, but the day after the second time I found some swelling on the underside that's only revealed when I pull back the foreskin (I can just about reveal the meatus.) From what I can see, the frenulum is swollen; it's slanted to the side, there's a noticable tug on it while retracting, and if I view my penis from the side while retracted, there's a bulge on the underside that juts out slightly.

I first noticed this 2 days ago and just assumed that it was the result of friction with a tight foreskin, but so far it hasn't gone down yet.

SO HERE'S THE SHORT VERSION: Anybody here ever get (what I assume is,) a swollen frenulum with phimosis? Any idea how long it takes to settle/ways to help it along? I've heard ice packs for similar situations, but I'm unsure whether to just put it against the foreskin or manually retract while holding the ice up to it or what. Any advice would be appreciated.

September 20th, 2017, 3:45 am #2

What you are doing is causing fluids to be retained in the area of the frenulum. There are groups of men who actually believe masturbating in a certain fashion, causing swelling to occur, will increase the lengths of their penises. There is no scientific evidence of lengthening occurring, but it does cause foreskins to lengthen. If your foreskin already has an overhang, you might not want to do what you've been doing. Swelling generally takes about 24 hours to subside.

I suppose young men attempt to retract and replace their foreskins during masturbation, thus applying some tension on the frenar band, and in time, loosening it to allow easy retraction. That makes sense, but it's a slow process. Some gain retraction by simply having intercourse.

Have you actually located your frenar band? How much overhang is there? Have you tried something like Q-tips or chop sticks? There are stainless chop sticks which won't bend while applying pressure.

OpenSesame
OpenSesame

September 20th, 2017, 7:16 pm #3

As I mentioned, I can retract just enough to reveal the meatus, so I can see the frenar band clearly then, and feel that it's too tight. When I stop pulling it back though, the ring doesn't move forward, the overhang just covers it, so I'm never sure while stretching if I'm actually stretching the ring or just exterior skin. The 'Frenar "ridged band" stretch' diagram seems to imply the band is on the outer edge of the foreskin, but not sure that's the case here. Overhang is roughly 1-and-a-half to 2cm past the tip of the glans.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/t ... otic+Ring-

The guy who posted this had a similar problem, except I can't fit any fingers in so it's hard to feel for it. I can always go blind with Q-tips and just hope I've reached it, but it's not really exact. That's why I was looking for alternatives.

OpenSesame
OpenSesame

September 24th, 2017, 2:46 am #4

What you are doing is causing fluids to be retained in the area of the frenulum. There are groups of men who actually believe masturbating in a certain fashion, causing swelling to occur, will increase the lengths of their penises. There is no scientific evidence of lengthening occurring, but it does cause foreskins to lengthen. If your foreskin already has an overhang, you might not want to do what you've been doing. Swelling generally takes about 24 hours to subside.

I suppose young men attempt to retract and replace their foreskins during masturbation, thus applying some tension on the frenar band, and in time, loosening it to allow easy retraction. That makes sense, but it's a slow process. Some gain retraction by simply having intercourse.

Have you actually located your frenar band? How much overhang is there? Have you tried something like Q-tips or chop sticks? There are stainless chop sticks which won't bend while applying pressure.
As I mentioned, I can pull back the foreskin enough to see the meatus, so at that point the frenar band is visible, and I can feel that it's too tight. When I let go though, rather than moving forward, the excess skin of the overhang just rolls over and covers it (roughly 1-and-a-half to 2cm from the tip of the glans.) The "Frenar 'ridged band' stretch" diagram implies that it's at the tip of the foreskin, but I'm not sure that's the case here.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/244184/t ... otic+Ring-

This guy had a similar issue in that he had trouble locating the ring while stretching. Problem is, I have difficulties fitting fingers in, so I can't even really feel for it, only insert Q-tips and hope I'm not just stretching skin. I could always just keep stretching, watch for improvement and change accordingly, it's just that the trial and error process would take a while, which is why I was looking for alternatives.

Asdfghjkl
Asdfghjkl

October 28th, 2017, 9:14 pm #5

" There are groups of men who actually believe masturbating in a certain fashion, causing swelling to occur, will increase the lengths of their penises. There is no scientific evidence of lengthening occurring, but it does cause foreskins to lengthen."

Could you explain in what way does one do that? I need to lengthen my foreskin.