Phimotic ring expansion but no progress

Phimotic ring expansion but no progress

Barry
Barry

September 18th, 2017, 5:48 am #1

TLDR Phimotic ring getting bigger, but its not exposing more of the glans???

Hi so I've been stretching now for a week with q tips, sticking two in and their pulling them apart. Once I pull them apart a tight ring forms and this is indeed getting much larger and quickly.

However post stretching I have just tried to retract now, and the hole that would usually form over my peehole and expose the glans has actually stayed the same size even though the 'phimotic ring' has expanded

This has left me extremely confused so I then got a pen and marked the ring while I was stretching it. Then when I pulled back I can see that it is nowhere near where the skin meets the glans.

I really don't feel comfortable posting a photo at this point but if you think its necessary I guess I will.

I have heard that theres another thing called the frenulum but I believe that controls how far the skin can go down the shaft once the foreskin's actually been retracted and in my case I feel like mine is flexible (I can pull the skin far away from the head)

Thanks,

September 18th, 2017, 6:37 pm #2

If you're doing your stretching four times per day and applying a good firm tug, you will get results unless there is a yeast infection. That is usually accompanied by cracking of the skin, so it's probably not a problem in your case. I suspect you just aren't putting in sufficient time. You may also get better results by pulling the opening apart with your fingers. The How to Stretch page has illustrations of what to do.

At this stage, it's too early to detect a frenulum problem.

Barry
Barry

September 18th, 2017, 10:39 pm #3

it's too small to fit a finger in currently. Stretching 3-4 times a day using a steroid and Canasten. Holding for at least 5 minutes.

I think it's got to do with the way the q tips pulll on the skin while they stretch because after 30 minutes it showed progress and looked normal (this extra portion of skin under the ring dissapeared.

September 19th, 2017, 12:26 am #4

Be careful with these. Did doctor prescribe it?

Barry
Barry

September 19th, 2017, 12:55 pm #5

hydrocortisone acetate 10mg/g yes I was perscribed this.

any advice around this steroid?

September 20th, 2017, 3:59 am #6

Does your doctor have positive results using that particular steroid. The usual prsecribed is Betamethasone of equivalent.

Barry
Barry

September 20th, 2017, 1:09 pm #7

I doubt it, this urologist said it would make it better but it is very unlikely to fix the problem. He then changed his mind and said it would take a year but I could eventually be retracted.

I could easily go and get the other version next time I see a doctor which will be in 2 weeks.

Secondly.... I'm really confused because I think stretching with q tips is pulling on skin from under the phimotic ring thus after stretching, when I attempt to retract, the amount of glands exposed is less than before (I can literally see the ring and then on the inside of the ring more skin which is covering the glands). This then goes away after 10-15 minutes. The hole is too small to use my fingers so I'm pretty much stuck with Q tips for now but could this be effecting my progress?

Coincidentally it hurts to take the q tip out after I finish stretching but doesn't hurt during (and this pain is coming from the same spot that this skin is appearing)

Guess I can maybe try using 3-4 q tips instead of 2 and see if it makes any difference.