phimosis questions, is this severe?

phimosis questions, is this severe?

July 1st, 2012, 2:36 pm #1

I'm 23 and realized I have phimosis about 3 years ago. Then I could'nt even pull the foreskin behind the glans when flaccid.

I started to do the stretching exercise where you pull two fingers inside the foreskin. I did this for about 5min a day for about 2 months or so. I also used a hydrocortisone cream.
After some time I had no problem pulling back the foreskin when flaccid, but the progression stopped.

Now I'm really tired of this problem, and have started to stretch again. I can barely pull back the foreskin when erect, but I need to get it forward again really quick so it doesn't get trapped. I'm scared to get serious paraphimosis when having sex!

I'm thinking about visiting my GP for this, but i find it really embarassing, espescially since I'm this "old" for having such a problem.

Do you think my condition seems severe? I find it tiring, and just want it out of the way, but I'm worried that stretching isn't enough.

July 1st, 2012, 3:51 pm #2

Oh, to be 23 again! Old? Hardly.

The hydrocortisone is worthless for your condition. The cortisone used in this case requires a prescription, so you'd need to throw modesty out the window to obtain it.

Simple manipulation will do the trick as you've already proven. You quit before the job was finsished. Plateaus in which nothing is seemingly happening are part of the progress. Cells need time to grow, and this is when they are growing. If tension is not applied during this crucial, the skin will stop production of new cells and revert to its former size and shape. You must work through this.

The exercise you have done is the right one as evidenced by your progress, so continue doing that, but don't miss sessions or give up this time.

No, your condition is actually not severe at all. Many guys who visit here can't retract at all, even when flaccid. You have a good head start.

July 1st, 2012, 10:09 pm #3

I'm 23 and realized I have phimosis about 3 years ago. Then I could'nt even pull the foreskin behind the glans when flaccid.

I started to do the stretching exercise where you pull two fingers inside the foreskin. I did this for about 5min a day for about 2 months or so. I also used a hydrocortisone cream.
After some time I had no problem pulling back the foreskin when flaccid, but the progression stopped.

Now I'm really tired of this problem, and have started to stretch again. I can barely pull back the foreskin when erect, but I need to get it forward again really quick so it doesn't get trapped. I'm scared to get serious paraphimosis when having sex!

I'm thinking about visiting my GP for this, but i find it really embarassing, espescially since I'm this "old" for having such a problem.

Do you think my condition seems severe? I find it tiring, and just want it out of the way, but I'm worried that stretching isn't enough.
Your condition was not exactly "serious", but toward the more severe grade previously. You have now done at least half of the work but as you say, you simply gave up and quit. Can't blame us - or anyone else - for that!

And you cannot say - or allow anyone else to say - "stretching doesn't work", because you have already proved it for yourself. If it did not work, you would not have been able to progress from not being able to retract when flaccid, to being able to do so. There is no difference in the next step.

Except that is, in technique. I trust you have continued to read, and read deeply, the discussions here in order to understand the variety of options you have, such as crafting a stretching device to use without continued effort, or purchasing one available commercially. And if you understand the "two fingers inside" technique, then at this point you should be making it more effective by "packing" more fingers inside to perform the stretching with very minimal effort.

If you can retract easily when flaccid, then "paraphimosis" resulting from sexual activity is most improbable for the stunningly obvious reason that you will be able to correct it as soon as you lose the erection. Paraphimosis actually occurs where there is some difficulty retracting while flaccid and/ or retraction is not corrected for some considerable time, such as an hour or more when anaesthetised or inebriated.

If your foreskin is retracted during sexual activity where you (obviously) have an erection, it will be able to be reduced as soon as you lose the erection (and the erection in itself will tend to prevent the tissue swelling that "locks" the paraphimosis in place). Paraphimosis is overrated as a concern - if you can pull the foreskin back, you can pull it forward again though it might take some determination, unless you were to ignore it for an absurd length of time.