Yvonne, I think Carl Sagan said it best

Yvonne, I think Carl Sagan said it best

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

August 5th, 2012, 3:14 am #1

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Carl Sagan

Tim
Tim

August 5th, 2012, 6:41 am #2

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
Carl Sagan
----------------------------------

Arthur Dent or whoever you are, you name is a fake as the rest of your world.

Psychologically speaking, all thieves think most people steal.
And all murderers think most people murder.
And all rapists think most people rape.
And all politicians think most people play monopoly against societies.

And where is the reasoning in this mind set Arty?
The same reasoning that you posses Art, and there is no reasoning.

You reason like JVH and Iceman and Doc Strange.
You reason like Satan Arty. But you know what? There is nothing hidden in the intentions of the heart when Jesus is your brother.

Tim

Identity Crisis
Identity Crisis

August 5th, 2012, 8:58 am #3

Dont forget, Psychologically speaking, all Xtians are inherently sinful.

Where is the reasoning indeed?

Atheists tend to be strong in reasoning, we think that reasoning supports our cause rather than yours.

Some terms puled from a dictionary...

reasoning - thinking that is coherent and logical
abstract thought, logical thinking
cerebration, intellection, mentation, thinking, thought process, thought - the process of using your mind to consider something carefully; "thinking always made him frown"; "she paused for thought"
analytic thinking, analysis - the abstract separation of a whole into its constituent parts in order to study the parts and their relations
line of reasoning, logical argument, argumentation, argument, line - a course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood; the methodical process of logical reasoning; "I can't follow your line of reasoning"
conjecture - reasoning that involves the formation of conclusions from incomplete evidence
deductive reasoning, synthesis, deduction - reasoning from the general to the particular (or from cause to effect)
illation, inference - the reasoning involved in drawing a conclusion or making a logical judgment on the basis of circumstantial evidence and prior conclusions rather than on the basis of direct observation
prediction, anticipation, prevision - the act of predicting (as by reasoning about the future)
ratiocination - logical and methodical reasoning
reasoning backward, regress - the reasoning involved when you assume the conclusion is true and reason backward to the evidence
synthetic thinking, synthesis - the combination of ideas into a complex whole

Regressive reasoning, did you see it? Thats religious reasoning. Get on board with a particular conclusion and then try to justify it by picking certain evidence.

I guess it is reasoning, of a sort, and since it normal reasoning doesnt support your god, I guess normal reassoning might be Satanic, by your methods, anyway.

Tim
Tim

August 6th, 2012, 8:12 am #4

I guess it is reasoning, of a sort, and since it normal reasoning doesnt support your god, I guess normal reassoning might be Satanic, by your methods, anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry man, HE doesn't make HIMSELF known to you in any way.

I'm truly sorry.
Tim

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

August 6th, 2012, 11:18 pm #5

I'm not special in that sense, neither are you, neither was Bin Laden.

Some people just have this need to convince themselves that some supernatural entity has called upon them to give them the gift of ever lasting bliss, for the small price of believing in "him". The stronger the belief, the smaller the doubts are that they will die and cease to exist one day soon. Dont doubt, and the gift seems more certain.

Thats the price of the "gift".

Tim
Tim

August 7th, 2012, 4:44 am #6

Yes HE does Arty, but not to some.

You have my condolences.
Tim

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

August 8th, 2012, 7:40 am #7

As for you and any others, they are not surprisingly too general about what they mean when they say things like you did.

When we get down to specifics about what you precisely mean, inevitably (in my experience) people will back off about the certainty that real communication has happened, we find an exageration has been committed in suggesting how what you know is real. Usually when people are prepared to gert specific, it omes out as being rather lame.

Are you willing to explain how you know for sure that what you are saying isnt just the byproduct of a simple and ignorant mind, rather than a real supernatural conversation?

Tim
Tim

August 9th, 2012, 7:33 am #8

As for you and any others, they are not surprisingly too general about what they mean when they say things like you did.
When we get down to specifics about what you precisely mean, inevitably (in my experience) people will back off about the certainty that real communication has happened, we find an exageration has been committed in suggesting how what you know is real. Usually when people are prepared to gert specific, it omes out as being rather lame.
Are you willing to explain how you know for sure that what you are saying isnt just the byproduct of a simple and ignorant mind, rather than a real supernatural conversation?
-------------------------------------

I have learned over the years that we each have to deal with our own attitudes.
And your clearly not out for sharing and learning Arty.
But your out to make a point for something you know nothing about.

End of my statement here my friend.
Tim

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

August 11th, 2012, 12:51 am #9

is that your opinions remain opinions.

They are not truth, they are not fact.

But if you can form tests to prove your hypothesis then you do so and have repeatable, provable evidence that your opinions are worth sharing by virtue of them being fact.

I feel I do learn from these tests, and am sharing them.

The point I am out to make is that if you test your opinions, they become fact based truths excluding attitude, worth much more than a purely attitude based bias. Faith remains devoid of fact, stuck in attitude.

End of my statement too.

I can find no evidence to support a gammy idea that guys in the sky did it all.

Tim
Tim

August 11th, 2012, 6:42 am #10

That's OK JVH then its not for you.

You take care old friend.

Tim