Why does it take death for people to be 'worshipped'

Why does it take death for people to be 'worshipped'

February 14th, 2012, 6:41 am #1

for lack of a better word.

If people could be better appreciated in life....perhaps that would prevent many deaths before they should occur??

i hate the way people just go crazy when celebrities die....yet likely haven't had them truly in there thoughts for years if not more....i do understand much of the 'wow; factor involved initially with the death of a public figure....but these people who hold vigils before their houses of birth or such....

well....our social focus seems completely blurred.

just sayin

Tim
Tim

February 14th, 2012, 7:50 am #2

""""our social focus seems completely blurred""""

But maybe Idolatry/Idolater is a better word then worship.

Whitney must have lost the love of herself to the love of drugs.
A early death trap.

""""If people could be better appreciated in life....perhaps that would prevent many deaths before they should occur??""""

I think her x-hubby really did a number on her, and she never got mentally healed from that life style. And Whitney probably cared more about protecting her daughter then anything. Placing her own problems on the back burner. Sounds good but still a mistake. That daughter needs more then her looser dad around.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

February 14th, 2012, 11:52 am #3

hmm?

lox
lox

February 14th, 2012, 12:56 pm #4

If people could be better appreciated in life....perhaps that would prevent many deaths before they should occur??

i hate the way people just go crazy when celebrities die....yet likely haven't had them truly in there thoughts for years if not more....i do understand much of the 'wow; factor involved initially with the death of a public figure....but these people who hold vigils before their houses of birth or such....

just sayin
bury their dead......

lox
lox

February 14th, 2012, 12:56 pm #5

hmm?
resurrected....resurrects.....

February 14th, 2012, 1:32 pm #6

just sayin
I often see famous people on TV and have to ask Pam who they are. Charlize Theron, that Simpson girl (not Lisa), I just don't follow or care. I see the tabloids with articles about "stars" personal lives. Apparently people find this to be entertaining or even "news".

Part of the same sick society. Idol worship. We pick them poorly, some of the most dysfuntional people are held up as role models.

Tim
Tim

February 14th, 2012, 10:03 pm #7

Part of the same sick society. Idol worship. We pick them poorly, some of the most dysfuntional people are held up as role models.
------------------------------------------------

Like Elvis Presley. Many still revere him, yet he was an eccentric sex addict committing adultery at every chance and addicted to drugs, history claims anyway. A good musician though.

But a very poor role model.

Tim
Tim

February 14th, 2012, 10:16 pm #8

resurrected....resurrects.....
And Jesus was resurrected for our justification in our minds that it is a true event.

And Jesus was crucified as an offering that mankind could never achieve. As a ransom for our sins. God had to give His only begotten Son as a ransom because mankind had no way to attain eternal life accept through faith in Jesus Christ.

lox
lox

February 14th, 2012, 11:34 pm #9

------------------------------------------------

Like Elvis Presley. Many still revere him, yet he was an eccentric sex addict committing adultery at every chance and addicted to drugs, history claims anyway. A good musician though.

But a very poor role model.
the gods of this world...

Tim
Tim

February 14th, 2012, 11:58 pm #10

That never occurred to me Lox, but I think your right!

Threw out history its been shown man made gods were simply humans.
The gods of this world.
Ishtar, Buddha ect....

Jesus on the other hand existed before the world way made.
Jesus was manifest in mortal flesh 2000 years ago.
Crucified and resurrected in the sight of mankind.
Appeared and vanished in the sight of mankind.
And was given power to forgive sins and to raise people from the dead.

And the gods of this world claim Jesus was simply a prophet or that Jesus didn't exist at all.

You've enlightened me Lox
Thanks Bro.
Tim