Why do so many think it is the End Times?

Why do so many think it is the End Times?

March 16th, 2010, 2:25 pm #1

I find this difficult to comprehend. Why is it thought? Is it just "payoff"? The idea of being "special" living in these so called End Times.

I remember being of that thought back in my 20's, and my Dad (a Christian) would just laugh and say "They've been saying that for 2000 years. When I was a kid they were saying that."

Further observation has supported this notion. Jesus' disciples believed that Jesus would return before many of them died, Jesus himself said so ..

How many End Times cults have there been that got it wrong, over and over?

End Times comes for each of us when we die. Yeah, the End Times are near. Certainly for all of us within 100 years, 50 years, maybe less. The End is Nigh.

But the Sun has not gone Supernova yet, and we haven't been hit by a killer comet.

Thoughts?

If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
~ Gensha

Wide Open Bible Forum - - - - Many Paths

March 16th, 2010, 2:46 pm #2

1) People can't handle the truth.
2) People's faith is weaker than they'll admit. To the point that it'd be better described as rationalization than faith.
3) People are really insecure and gullible.
4) People are outright stupid.
5) People sincerely believe that they are more significant than they really are.

The permutations, combinations, and variations provide a wealth of differing perspectives that cover just about all situations that I've encountered.

No offense to anyone.. Reality simply is what it is.

pop the bubble
pop the bubble

March 16th, 2010, 3:33 pm #3

Note the vs: ...."each man in his own order"!

simply said: Its that person whom God visits that is the end of the world, as men say.

God is not coming to pick up people, like the religious wait, in vain!

March 16th, 2010, 6:25 pm #4

1) People can't handle the truth.
2) People's faith is weaker than they'll admit. To the point that it'd be better described as rationalization than faith.
3) People are really insecure and gullible.
4) People are outright stupid.
5) People sincerely believe that they are more significant than they really are.

The permutations, combinations, and variations provide a wealth of differing perspectives that cover just about all situations that I've encountered.

No offense to anyone.. Reality simply is what it is.
..I would say:

Some people can't handle the truth, (whatever truth is )
Some people........blah blah blah
Some........
Some........
Some........

And I doubt there has been anyone who ahs encountered ALL experiences and situations, so we can all only relate to our own part of experiencing.

Love
Jackie

pop the bubble
pop the bubble

March 16th, 2010, 7:09 pm #5

One can only speak of their own experience!

Philppians:Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work outYOUR OWN salvation with fear and trembling,

March 16th, 2010, 9:34 pm #6

"...work out YOUR OWN salvation."

That is exactly how I see it.

We each have everything we need to do the job as well.

Love
Jackie

(Btw, you do remind me of a certain someone, tis true.....)

Know Thyself
Last edited by BlueJudah on March 16th, 2010, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman
Iceman

March 16th, 2010, 10:47 pm #7

Is a farce.( an idea that is only worthy of laughter) Only end times is when we finally just croak. Jackie has it right: We are responsible for our own salvation, and our own concept of what that means. But her "some" raised a chuckle.

Striver
Striver

March 16th, 2010, 11:02 pm #8

I find this difficult to comprehend. Why is it thought? Is it just "payoff"? The idea of being "special" living in these so called End Times.

I remember being of that thought back in my 20's, and my Dad (a Christian) would just laugh and say "They've been saying that for 2000 years. When I was a kid they were saying that."

Further observation has supported this notion. Jesus' disciples believed that Jesus would return before many of them died, Jesus himself said so ..

End Times comes for each of us when we die. Yeah, the End Times are near. Certainly for all of us within 100 years, 50 years, maybe less. The End is Nigh.

But the Sun has not gone Supernova yet, and we haven't been hit by a killer comet.

Thoughts?

If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
~ Gensha

I find it interesting that those fearing the future new world expsct Jesus astride the white horse to come galloping in any day now.

March 16th, 2010, 11:22 pm #9

Thoughts?

~ Gensha

is a commodity based in sales rather than fact. The evangelical church uses fear of missing out to boost sales. It also means if your assets are about to become useless in the immediate future then you might as well give them to the church as an investment in the next future. It is all con and few who get trapped into it seem to get out of it.

The 'end of days' is an individual experience between a person and God. God calls them, God chooses them and God perfects them through faith.

March 17th, 2010, 3:06 am #10

One can only speak of their own experience!

Philppians:Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work outYOUR OWN salvation with fear and trembling,
Better explain the verse to the lost because obviously those STILL OF THIS WORLD interpret it differently.

Phil 2:12
12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; (NAS)

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal