What generation sees the end of this world?

What generation sees the end of this world?

Tim
Tim

November 8th, 2010, 10:20 pm #1

Matthew24:19
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. {it: or, he}
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

What generation sees the end of this world? The one that SEES ALL THESE THINGS.
What things? Read Matthew 24 to find out.

Note; Not hear by word of mouth or radio but SEE with your own eyes!
The generation that has Television.

lox
lox

November 8th, 2010, 10:31 pm #2

As said: each man in his own order....

Tim
Tim

November 8th, 2010, 10:56 pm #3

No Lox, it has to do with just before Jesus returns as King of Kings.

lox
lox

November 8th, 2010, 11:03 pm #4

Otherwise you don't get it.

Tim
Tim

November 8th, 2010, 11:09 pm #5

""""Christ is come first
Otherwise you don't get it.""""

OK you lost me Lox.
What are you talking about?

November 8th, 2010, 11:49 pm #6

Matthew24:19
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. {it: or, he}
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

What generation sees the end of this world? The one that SEES ALL THESE THINGS.
What things? Read Matthew 24 to find out.

Note; Not hear by word of mouth or radio but SEE with your own eyes!
The generation that has Television.
Hi Tim:
"This generation" is qualified by Jesus' words when he said that there were some there listening to him, who would still be alive to see it.
Jesus was refering to the current generation in his day. Of course Jesus was wrong, but he probably really believed what he said.
It wasn't until he found himself before Pilate, and knew what his fate would be, that Jesus realized the the kingdom was not for that time.
Jesus said; "Not of this world", but Jesus was not talking about the "Earth". "World" refers to time or place, and since the place is adequately defined in God's gospel promise to Abraham, "World" refers to time. The resurrection of David's kingdom, so that it can be given to the messiah, who will bless all nations with peace on earth, good will toward men, was not for that time. It will only happen when the body which is being prepared for the Christ, becomes large enough that the Christ can appear and lead it to the resurrection of the Davidic kingdom from the dead, to repentance, forgiveness, and fulfillment of God's everlasting, unconditional, gospel promise of everlasting peace on earth.

"I don't speak for God, but somebody has to speak for the bible story."

Tim
Tim

November 9th, 2010, 12:22 am #7

How do you see whats happening around the world TS? Its called Television. That's an obvious fact.

Or do you suppose the Apostles 2000 years ago tuned into the same Bat Channel and Same Bat time?

The key word is SEE, hot hear TS. Unless they could quickly fly around the world to SEE all these things, it can only be the Television generation.

That's my OPINION.

November 9th, 2010, 1:40 am #8

Tim, Tim, Tim:
You did not address my arguement. Did Jesus say that there were some standing there who would still be alive to see TV?
You have to get serious Tim. You have been listening to the wrong angels.
Charlies angels perhaps???

Tim
Tim

November 9th, 2010, 2:55 am #9

You got the right words but the wrong concept TS.
Matthew16:24
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Luke9:27
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

This is what Jesus was talking about.
John8:51
51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

I know you think the dead are dead TS, but this is what Jesus said;
John 5:25
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Bible fact is; 3 different things can happen at the time of death.
#1 Pass from live to life. As Jesus was talking about in these verses.
#2 Pass from life to death. And sleep. Like you teach TS.
#3 Pass from life to hell, and punishment.

I think the only one you believe TS is #2... Why, I don't know.

November 9th, 2010, 4:18 am #10

John8:51
51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Never say never because all men continued to see death.[b/]

I know you think the dead are dead TS, but this is what Jesus said;
John 5:25
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

The dead refered to here is the dead nation of Israel which will be resurrected when the land defined in the gospel is taken. It must be resurrected if God's everlasting, unconditional gospel promise to Abraham that a great nation will have everlasting possession of it, is to be fulfilled.
There will be a battle for the land(Armageddon), in which the "body of christ(those who share Abraham's belief in the gospel)" will shed it's blood for the remission of dead Israel's sins. The sin of division which caused Israel's fall into non-existence.
When the final trump sounds, indicating that the battle has been won and the land taken, all those who are Israel-in-spirit(spiritual Israel), will be changed in the twinkling of an eye, into literal Israel, resurrected from the dead, to repentance, forgiveness, everlasting possession of the land of the gospel, and will then go on to bless all nations with peace on earth, good will toward men. That will be the fulfillment of all of God's promises.
You cannot simply use single words and single verses to make doctrines which divide the church. The words of scripture can only be understood in the context of the gospel story which runs with continuity from Abraham(the first to hear the gospel) to the end of the apostolic age.

Pretend that I'm an angel, and think about what I say, because I'm telling you the story which runs through the bible.[b/]