"What do we mean by esotericism"

"What do we mean by esotericism"

July 26th, 2010, 3:43 pm #1

"What do we mean by esotericism? We mean those truths which enable a man or a woman to think and act in a totally new way. We mean those unique and truly practical principles which change the interior nature of whoever invites them into his daily life. With such an invitation a man unites his inner powers under a single flag, giving him conquest over fear, confusion and over every other unwanted condition."

~Vernon Howard

July 26th, 2010, 4:05 pm #2

Striver needed that LoL
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

July 26th, 2010, 4:08 pm #3

"What do we mean by esotericism? We mean those truths which enable a man or a woman to think and act in a totally new way. We mean those unique and truly practical principles which change the interior nature of whoever invites them into his daily life. With such an invitation a man unites his inner powers under a single flag, giving him conquest over fear, confusion and over every other unwanted condition."

~Vernon Howard
You can't understand this.
But...
-- I Can.
Because...
You aren't able to Perceive this...
In the same way that...
-- I Do.

I CAN...
-- Perceive and Understand this...
Because...
I AM...
-- Enlightened...
And...
-- You aren't.

Therefore...
I AM...
-- Far more Advanced... than You.
And...
Any further explanation on my part...
Will only sound like gibberish to you...
NOT because it IS Gibberish...
But...
Because...
-- You are still a barbarian.

-PRev1-

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

July 26th, 2010, 4:12 pm #4

Or something like that seems quite prevalent in a lot of religions and traditions.

The one I hear most often is that "the carnal mind can't understand".

Or "man's wisdom is but foolishness to God".

Which might both be true, but these would also apply to the person making the claim about others.

Yeah, that self refutation cycle.

July 26th, 2010, 4:13 pm #5

Striver needed that LoL
the DESIRE for God has to be stronger than the desire to "know about" God

those who are always studying to avoid making a COMMITMENT to RECEIVE THE LIGHT will never find it

forever seeking but never coming to the "knowledge of the Truth":

one can't find Christ within the mind because the mind is a closed system that is unable to receive more light than its capacity will hold:

yes, the mind of man or the carnal mind only holds a certain amount of light which is why it is written that no man can see God and LIVE

when GOD through Christ ENTERS the mind of man, it destroys that mind like a nuclear explosion would destroy the earth..hence the "fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom":

when Christ comes to the mind it does away with that vessel like a potter that shatters his vessel of vanity because it isn't meant to HOLD the LIGHT OF CHRIST

but........there is a PLACE within man called the SOUL that will be revealed after the mind implodes as it did with me in 1992

and the darkness where the "old mind" was, now is called the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION and this is the HOLY PLACE or the heart of the temple (our soul)

this is where GOD WRITES HIS LAW WITHIN US and this is the MIND OF CHRIST within the heart

hence, the HEART that understands knowledge

CHRIST then forms a NEW MIND in us that is like his mind in that darkness called the wilderness because it is a black place where no thoughts had ever been formed before

the mind of man is like a box or space where thoughts are formed around other thoughts and more thoughts around these

to give a FEELING of continuity and identity

this all disapears when GOD MOVES FROM WITHOUT us to within us

mark my words

they are true

July 26th, 2010, 4:15 pm #6

Or something like that seems quite prevalent in a lot of religions and traditions.

The one I hear most often is that "the carnal mind can't understand".

Or "man's wisdom is but foolishness to God".

Which might both be true, but these would also apply to the person making the claim about others.

Yeah, that self refutation cycle.
it totally refutes the self and bring us to a NEW LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING and KNOWING

now, isn't that what the BIBLE SAYS IT WILL DO

well, it is true

regardless of the naysayers or hecklers or even those who claim to love the Bible but still don't have an experience of CHRIST

July 26th, 2010, 5:08 pm #7

the DESIRE for God has to be stronger than the desire to "know about" God

those who are always studying to avoid making a COMMITMENT to RECEIVE THE LIGHT will never find it

forever seeking but never coming to the "knowledge of the Truth":

one can't find Christ within the mind because the mind is a closed system that is unable to receive more light than its capacity will hold:

yes, the mind of man or the carnal mind only holds a certain amount of light which is why it is written that no man can see God and LIVE

when GOD through Christ ENTERS the mind of man, it destroys that mind like a nuclear explosion would destroy the earth..hence the "fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom":

when Christ comes to the mind it does away with that vessel like a potter that shatters his vessel of vanity because it isn't meant to HOLD the LIGHT OF CHRIST

but........there is a PLACE within man called the SOUL that will be revealed after the mind implodes as it did with me in 1992

and the darkness where the "old mind" was, now is called the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION and this is the HOLY PLACE or the heart of the temple (our soul)

this is where GOD WRITES HIS LAW WITHIN US and this is the MIND OF CHRIST within the heart

hence, the HEART that understands knowledge

CHRIST then forms a NEW MIND in us that is like his mind in that darkness called the wilderness because it is a black place where no thoughts had ever been formed before

the mind of man is like a box or space where thoughts are formed around other thoughts and more thoughts around these

to give a FEELING of continuity and identity

this all disapears when GOD MOVES FROM WITHOUT us to within us

mark my words

they are true
You open the book, read the words, look up some definitions, and cross reference the verses...
-- That's "Studying the Bible".

Now...
Close your eyes and count to Ten.
When you've finished counting...
-- Go look in the Closet.
If Jesus is there...
-- You've FOUND HIM...!
And...
-- It's his turn to be "It".

-PRev1-

Vince
Vince

July 26th, 2010, 6:21 pm #8

You can't understand this.
But...
-- I Can.
Because...
You aren't able to Perceive this...
In the same way that...
-- I Do.

I CAN...
-- Perceive and Understand this...
Because...
I AM...
-- Enlightened...
And...
-- You aren't.

Therefore...
I AM...
-- Far more Advanced... than You.
And...
Any further explanation on my part...
Will only sound like gibberish to you...
NOT because it IS Gibberish...
But...
Because...
-- You are still a barbarian.

-PRev1-

And I took my definitions straight out of Wordweb dictionary.

Seems that ANOTHER word has been hijacked to change the meaning...

-Vince

Striver
Striver

July 26th, 2010, 6:47 pm #9

~Vernon Howard
The basic approach for all who endeavor to grasp esotericism is to lay emphasis upon the world of energies and to recognise that behind all happenings in the world of phenomena (and by that I mena the three worlds of human evolution) exists the world of energies; these are of the greatest diversity and complexity, but all of them move and work under the law of Cause and Effect...

The task of the esotericists is to comprehend the nature of the energies which are seeking to condition him and which work out into expression on the MENTAL plane through the medium of his equipment, his vehicle of expression.

Esotericism is the art of seeing the subjective cause behind the objective effect.
(The Tibetan Master Djwhal Khul)
The Bible is a book of subjective energies underlying objective symbols. To deify and worship symbols, pray to them, is a waste of time. Actually, it is idolotry.

Behind all, every one, of the symbols and allegories of the different 'Bibles' of the major world religions lay identical subjective energies. All the world scriptures have the same subjective message.

All of the wars, the hate, have come as a result of the inability of the exoteric mind to see the subjective Cause behind the objective effects in their 'Bibles.'Wars have been fought over non-existing Gods.

To know the esoteric meanings of these 'holy' books and not share it is to accrue Karma. It is the duty of all esotericists to make the esoteric known to as many as possible. Not to attempt to cram it down their throats as exoteric religions have done, but just to make it available. It is only humane lead a horse to water, but not to force him to drink. If he's thirsty, he''l drink.

If a person isn't ready for the esoteric it will simply pass over the exoteric head. But who can say who isn't ready?

The Bible is about mind, not Gods and saviors crucified. From Genesis 1 to the ascension is all symbol and allegory. All the characters represent qualities of thought.

The Esotericist Moses Maimnodes, theologian, historian, Talmudist, physician, philosopher (1135-1205 A.D.)

"Every time you find in our books a tale the reality of which seems impossible, a story which is both repugnant to bothe reason and common sense, then be sure that the tale contains a profound allegory veiling a deeply mysterious truth, and the greater the absurdity of the letter, the deeper the wisdom of the spirit.?

The Esotericist Origen:

What man of sense, he writes, will agree with a literal interpretation of Genesis. I believe that every man must hold these things for images, UNDER WHICH THE HIDDEN SENSE LIES CONCEALED.

St. Paul said that the story of Abraham and his two sons is an allegory, and that Agar is Mt Sinai. (Gal, 4.22 and 26.)

Contrary to popular Fundamentalist belief, esotericism is not a recent phenomenon.

July 26th, 2010, 7:10 pm #10

And I took my definitions straight out of Wordweb dictionary.

Seems that ANOTHER word has been hijacked to change the meaning...

-Vince
It's still Religious Elitism.

-PRev1-