Well said:

Well said:

lox
lox

July 7th, 2010, 2:21 pm #1

But if your brother is being pained or his feelings hurt or if he is being injured by what you eat, [then] you are no longer walking in love. [You have ceased to be living and conducting yourself by the standard of love toward him.] Do not let what you eat hurt or cause the ruin of one for whom Christ died!

The day will surely come when God, by Jesus Christ, will judge everyone's secret life. This is my message.

If you are a Jew, you are relying on God's law for your special relationship with him. You boast that all is well between yourself and God.

Yes, you know what he wants; you know right from wrong because you have been taught his law.

You are convinced that you are a guide for the blind and a beacon light for people who are lost in darkness without God.

You think you can instruct the ignorant and teach children the ways of God. For you are certain that in God's law you have complete knowledge and truth.

Well then, if you teach others, why don't you teach yourself? You tell others not to steal, but do you steal?

You say it is wrong to commit adultery, but do you do it? You condemn idolatry, but do you steal from pagan temples?

You are so proud of knowing the law, but you dishonor God by breaking it.

No wonder the Scriptures say, "The world blasphemes the name of God because of you."

The Jewish ceremony of circumcision is worth something only if you obey God's law. But if you don't obey God's law, you are no better off than an uncircumcised Gentile.

And if the Gentiles obey God's law, won't God give them all the rights and honors of being his own people?

In fact, uncircumcised Gentiles who keep God's law will be much better off than you Jews who are circumcised and know so much about God's law but don't obey it.

For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the Jewish ceremony of circumcision.

No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not a cutting of the body but a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. Whoever has that kind of change seeks praise from God, not from people.

Look! I will force those who belong to Satan--those liars who say they are Jews but are not--to come and bow down at your feet. They will acknowledge that you are the ones I love.

A little leaven (a slight inclination to error, or a few false teachers) leavens the whole lump [it perverts the whole conception of faith or misleads the whole church].

So do not make any hasty or premature judgments before the time when the Lord comes [again], for He will both bring to light the secret things that are [now hidden] in darkness and disclose and expose the [secret] aims (motives and purposes) of hearts. Then every man will receive his [due] commendation from God.

Now I have applied all this [about parties and factions] to myself and Apollos for your sakes, brethren, so that from what I have said of us [as illustrations], you may learn [to think of men in accordance with Scripture and] not to go beyond that which is written, that none of you may be puffed up and inflated with pride and boast in favor of one [minister and teacher] against another.

For who separates you from the others [as a faction leader]? [Who makes you superior and sets you apart from another, giving you the preeminence?] What have you that was not given to you? If then you received it [from someone], why do you boast as if you had not received [but had gained it by your own efforts]?

[[a]You behave as if] you are already filled and think you have enough [you are full and content, feeling no need of anything more]! Already you have become rich [in spiritual gifts and graces]! [Without any counsel or instruction from us, in your conceit], you have ascended your thrones and come into your kingdom without including us! And would that it were true and that you did reign, so that we might be sharing the kingdom with you!

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.

July 7th, 2010, 3:21 pm #2

Heb 10:24-25
24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging {one another} and all the more, as you see the day drawing near. (NAS)

Is it not well said by the writer of Hebrews lox?

"If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose RIGHTEOUSNESS"." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

lox
lox

July 7th, 2010, 4:09 pm #3

whenever i start a post you or jack just stay out of it please.........thanks

July 7th, 2010, 4:12 pm #4

Although Nucc has told Yvonne to stay out of his threads.

But really, ignore the trolls.

These things are sent to test us. Demons like to poke and prod, and try to get a rise and then they can point and accuse.

yvonne
yvonne

July 7th, 2010, 4:25 pm #5

Heb 10:24-25
24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging {one another} and all the more, as you see the day drawing near. (NAS)

Is it not well said by the writer of Hebrews lox?

"If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose RIGHTEOUSNESS"." ~ Theodore Roosevelt
when are you going to........

let us consider how to stimulate one another to love

and good deeds,

25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some,

but encouraging {one another}

and all the more, as you see the day drawing near. (NAS)

you keep talking about one line of these four admonitions:

what about stimulating to love?
what about good deeds?
what about encouraging one another?

believe me, the DAY IS NEARER than you think

DO THE WORD, work out your own salvation and stop judging how others work out theirs:

its not really up to you how they work it out, is it?

I would encourage you however to be stimulated in love, perform good deeds and start encouraging others a little

you won't loose your reward:

July 7th, 2010, 4:35 pm #6

whenever i start a post you or jack just stay out of it please.........thanks
I serve Christ, lox and ask questions. I don't believe in suppressing the truth of God's Word. If you can't find anything good to say about the verse then just say it not a verse that True Christians should read.

July 7th, 2010, 4:37 pm #7

when are you going to........

let us consider how to stimulate one another to love

and good deeds,

25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some,

but encouraging {one another}

and all the more, as you see the day drawing near. (NAS)

you keep talking about one line of these four admonitions:

what about stimulating to love?
what about good deeds?
what about encouraging one another?

believe me, the DAY IS NEARER than you think

DO THE WORD, work out your own salvation and stop judging how others work out theirs:

its not really up to you how they work it out, is it?

I would encourage you however to be stimulated in love, perform good deeds and start encouraging others a little

you won't loose your reward:
When are you going to admit that Hebrews 10:24, 25 is NOT a dead verse.

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (NAS)

lox
lox

July 7th, 2010, 4:41 pm #8

When this guy told Y about not posting where he was posting you were silent?

July 7th, 2010, 4:41 pm #9

Although Nucc has told Yvonne to stay out of his threads.

But really, ignore the trolls.

These things are sent to test us. Demons like to poke and prod, and try to get a rise and then they can point and accuse.
There was no intention of rudeness. Her input was off topic and I'm STILL trying to get answers from Striver because of other ignorannts. I appreciate Yvonne for respecting my request, however, morons will be morons.

July 7th, 2010, 4:43 pm #10

When this guy told Y about not posting where he was posting you were silent?
Maybe he's not a stupid as you