Vicar Says: Wives must submit to husbands.

Vicar Says: Wives must submit to husbands.

February 14th, 2010, 4:52 pm #1

Wives say...
-- What a Load of GobbledeGook...!

<blockquote>
Vicar: Wives must submit to husbands
Published: Feb. 13, 2010 at 11:28 PM

SEVENOAKS, England, Feb. 13 (UPI) -- A Church of England vicar has angered women in his flock by telling them to "submit to their husbands."

The Rev. Angus MacLeay, a member of Reform, an Evangelical group seeking to reform the church, distributed a leaflet that compared the husband's role in the family to Christ's in the church, The Daily Telegraph reported Friday. His curate at St. Nicholas Church in Sevenoaks, Kent, then preached a sermon blaming changes in the position of women for the high divorce rate.

"Wives are to submit to their husbands in everything in recognition of the fact that husbands are head of the family as Christ is head of the church," MacLeay wrote. "This is the way God has ordered their relationships with each other and Christian marriage cannot function well without it."

Members of the parish say dozens of women have stopped making contributions to St. Nicholas.

"How can they talk that way in the 21st century?" one female parishioner asked. "No wonder the Church is losing touch if this is the kind of gobbledegook they want us to believe it."

MacLeay opposes the consecration of female bishops.
</blockquote>

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

February 14th, 2010, 7:03 pm #2

I don't remember exactly who sponsored them but there were these "Christian family seminars" which taught proper methods of training families .. and he followed them religiously.

One of their instructions was that fathers had to "give their daughters" away to be married ... to the son-in-laws to be.

I always thought that had to be pretty demeaning to daughters. Lately, I learned that his youngest daughter's SECOND husband -when she is now close to 40 yo- ALSO asked for permission to marry her. THAT just "sickens" me a little.

-Vince

February 14th, 2010, 7:23 pm #3

;

Last edited by bobquit on February 15th, 2010, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 14th, 2010, 8:55 pm #4

Let's hope he never turns into Muhammed.

-Vince

February 14th, 2010, 9:36 pm #5

;
Only those who know The Lord get to wear the t-shirt.

Love REALLY DOES conquer all!

"Making friends - the highest calling"<i></i>

edited only for spelling

Last edited by bobquit on February 14th, 2010, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2010, 5:05 am #6

;

`

February 15th, 2010, 5:12 am #7

Bob does not recognize the Apostle Paul....and almost all of the OT....and says all the parab les were actual. stories etc....

but because Bob polishes your ego from time to tiem and ACTS like a pal etc....he gets a free pass.

I won't be seeing you telling him to stop 'posting unchristian crap'...now will i ??

lol...get the newst vid..."Hypocrisy gone wild"....where christians bear it all!!!

wow only $19.99

call in the nex 20 minutes and you can get at not extra charge....John beckett's top ten most judged christians.....

call now!

February 15th, 2010, 7:22 am #8

Wives say...

<blockquote>

SEVENOAKS, England, Feb. 13 (UPI) -- A Church of England vicar has angered women in his flock by telling them to "submit to their husbands."

The Rev. Angus MacLeay, a member of Reform, an Evangelical group seeking to reform the church, distributed a leaflet that compared the husband's role in the family to Christ's in the church, The Daily Telegraph reported Friday. His curate at St. Nicholas Church in Sevenoaks, Kent, then preached a sermon blaming changes in the position of women for the high divorce rate.

"Wives are to submit to their husbands in everything in recognition of the fact that husbands are head of the family as Christ is head of the church," MacLeay wrote. "This is the way God has ordered their relationships with each other and Christian marriage cannot function well without it."

Members of the parish say dozens of women have stopped making contributions to St. Nicholas.

"How can they talk that way in the 21st century?" one female parishioner asked. "No wonder the Church is losing touch if this is the kind of gobbledegook they want us to believe it."

</blockquote>

And this guy preaches not far from where I live....

Let me at him!

Know Thyself
Last edited by BlueJudah on February 15th, 2010, 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2010, 7:28 am #9

;

He Kinda gives the appearance of Jesus, dont'cha think?

Love
Jackie

Know Thyself

February 15th, 2010, 7:40 am #10

Wives say...

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

Thank GOD the ding bats are losing ground.

AT SUPPER WITH -- MATTHEW FOX

Matthew Fox had suggested a light Lenten supper, but he wasn't particularly repentant. The 52-year-old theologian, whose three decades as a Dominican priest ended last week when he was dismissed from the order by the Vatican, unfolded his napkin at Elka, a seafood restaurant in San Francisco, and widened his blue eyes in bewildered innocence.

"I guess I'd be sorry for the things I've done if I wanted to preserve a male-dominated, anthropocentric, essentially white institution that denies its own mystical tradition," he said.

The same voice regularly pulls elderly congregations from church pews and sets them chanting and circle-dancing, cautions would-be priests that a celibate is someone "all dressed up with nowhere to go," advocates the ordination of women and incites fundamentalists to picket his appearances bearing posters that say things like: "Matthew Fox = New Age = Feminism = Satan."

For the last year, the Vatican had considered a request by the American Dominican order that the theologian be dismissed. While no longer a member of the order, he is still technically a priest, but he is barred from publicly administering the sacraments. He prefers not to be called Father Fox.

His 14 books, including "Original Blessing" (Bear & Company, 1983) and "The Coming of the Cosmic Christ" (HarperCollins, 1988) have sold over a million copies and have been translated into four languages. At a time when parishes are dwindling and church coffers diminishing, Dr. Fox's weekend lectures pack pews and command top fees across the country. Creative Sprituality, the magazine he founded in 1985, has a circulation of about 30,000. The graduate course that he teaches at Holy Names College in Oakland, Calif., is seen by many theologians as one of most forward-looking in the United States.

But others call Dr. Fox's work "feel-good theology."

There is a deliberate naivete about Dr. Fox. His shaggy mop of white hair, plaid shirt and well-worn jeans summon the 1960's. He could have been singing in the chorus of "Hair" as he eschewed the church's Augustinian concept of "original sin" in favor of "original blessing."

"What does God do all day?" he asked. "Why, She enjoys Herself! Creativity and joy is where it's at, not all this sin and repentance that feed self-loathing and keep people focused on me, me, me."

Environmentalism! Social justice! Wow! That's real prayer! In these refrains he sounded like an enthralled little boy. He was talking about science, cosmology and 14th-century Catholic mysticism, his discourse peppered with terms like "right-brain activity" and "co-dependency."

But just as Dr. Fox began to sound as flaky as last year's granola, the closed vowels of his Midwestern cadence rescued him. The thrust of his jaw is that of a tough pragmatist, a reminder that he is the son of a Big Ten football coach and that he was a formidable end on his own high school team.

The longer he talked, the more erudite he became. The pale, thin theologian who lives alone and ascetically in a tiny house in Oakland gave way to the charismatic student leader who had graduated summa cum laude from the Institut Catholique in Paris, where he is remembered as one of the most distinguished students ever to receive a doctorate.

Instead of an academic treatise, Dr. Fox's first book was "On Becoming a Musical, Mystical Bear: Spirituality American Style." From the beginning of his academic career, he was bent on delivering user-friendly spirituality to a country pulled between ranting televangelists, secularism and timid clerics, who, he says, can better contend with bureaucracy than with the human condition.

"Any academic who writes books the public can understand is called a popularizer," Dr. Fox said. "I made a conscious decision."

Lawrence Wright, whose profiles of contemporary religious figures, "Saints and Sinners," will be released next week by Knopf, noted one of Dr. Fox's dichotomies. "In one breath he's selling God Lite," Mr. Wright said. "In the next, he's a prophet in the classic Catholic tradition."

Dr. Fox is a little New Age, a little New Testament and big trouble for the Catholic Church.

Partly because he's so Catholic. "Of course, I'm having fish -- it's Lent," he said primly as he ordered grilled tuna with ginger and wasabi. "Rituals are important."

For more:
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/17/garde ... gewanted=1

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

Know Thyself