Tom Harpur, Enlightened Christian!

Tom Harpur, Enlightened Christian!

December 22nd, 2010, 7:55 am #1

Darned ads in between - try and ignore them!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Poster:

Tom Harpur,
The Pagan Christ

"I saw that and 'it came as a terrific shock cos I hadn't had aspirations quite that high!"

Love
Jackie

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Last edited by BlueJudah on December 22nd, 2010, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 22nd, 2010, 8:16 am #2

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

December 22nd, 2010, 11:10 am #3

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Poster:

Tom Harpur,
The Pagan Christ

"I saw that and 'it came as a terrific shock cos I hadn't had aspirations quite that high!"

Love
Jackie

seems to groove with some of the same thoughts I've had for awhile now, and that is ....

It's all about make-believe. This may sound very strange but ultimately, if we look at anything we do, we do it because we imagine there is benefit in what we do. Life is driven by imagination.

What imagination do we perceive in commerce, business, education "family values" etc. ... in our Western culture? Sadly, it's mostly a drive to "succeed" ... to become ever more wealthy or rich ... in whatever legitimate legal way possible. That seems to be the sole goal of our western thinking. It's not about enjoying life, really ... but about "working hard" and "getting ahead."

Well the thing is, this type of motivation derives from competition and competition always means that someone or many ... have to lose in order for others to gain.

This seems to be human nature or -as some say- the "law of the jungle." We must ALWAYS try to topple something or someone in order to survive and become more rich or powerful.

In reality, that isn't necessary. There's enough ground to grow our food and give us shelter and clothing. Every person, left alone and allowed to claim his own little plot of land could ... without beating anyone else down ... make a nice living for himself and trade goods with his neighbors ... without needing to make any profit over top of the actual trade (barter) value.

We little people can hardly perceive life being about anything except to work jobs, get promotions, get paychecks, save for education and retirement ... and then enjoy the "golden years" of our lives without having to do all of that anymore.

People in higher brackets -like corporate executives and politicians and mafia, etc.- DO have enough money to retire, provided they were to live modestly like we do. But that leaves them with no challenge. To HAVE a challenge, they invest into gambling ... taking chances ... making more and more "profit" and always attempting to become more powerful and more controlling.

Well, this is really a very dead-end, short-sighted mindless kind of make-believe, isn't it? It always leads to manipulations and wars to gain "something" that hasn't yet been gained.

What if the make-believe were to change ... to embrace life and make everyone happier, healthier and more friendly? To reduce suffering to a minimum...

How do you go about doing that ... creating a vision (a make-believe)... that will ACTUALLY inspire most of mankind to engage in it?

Well, I think JFK "saw" what was happening in the world, behind the scenes and that's why he focused on a new objective ... to go to the moon! I mean, if you can get humans AWAY from pursuing gambling and greed and get them onto something "external" ... maybe that would work?

And that is likely what religion is all about. It all started as make-believe ... playing out imagination.

Here's a quote from JFK which I think is pretty profound ...

["For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match." -- President John F. Kennedy Waldorf-Astoria Hotel New York City, April 27, 1961 ]

http://www.rense.com/general80/qutes.htm

-Vince

December 22nd, 2010, 3:44 pm #4

I love your post, Vince!

I get very thrilled when I hear folks speaking a language I can Live in!

I really believe we are at a very important point in the evolution of humanity. It is also an extremely exciting time because many are now realising that we may just be able to DO beneficial stuff, contribute beneficial stuff.

As you say, we tend to maybe hope, we are all about, not just existing but leading beneficial lives. Yet we just need look at the state of the world, the starving millions, the mass maimed, murdered, cruelty, perverted media and politics, and so on, and we can get to think, well, I CAN help my own 'little patch', but boy, what good is little me against all this worldly sickness??

Yep, The way of the moment is one of competition instead of collaboration and we need to change the current 'western' norms, western being a metaphor, of course.

I am seeing Light at the end of this dark tunnel. I am seeing, as many do, Breaking or making Point real close.

I see the sick religious who are welcoming and indeed drooping with saliva at any oncoming Armageddon so they 'can be with' their mythical Messiahs. Sickness at it's near worse, but there IS worse...

BUT they are getting no free rides! We only need look around at the few forums we frequent and indeed many are no longer getting fooled by politicians or clerics or media. There are countless little groups all over the world getting together and trying to work out how to mass and make a forceful opposition. The numbers are there, enough imo, we just need organisation somehow.

This will happen but will it be in time?

I think so!

We have group meditators for peace that seem to be good for the individual (sometimes getting some surprising results), but it does seem when we pray or meditate, shall I say egoistically, asking for stuff, even for others, this does not work.
'Various initiatives around the world are linking millions of people in meditation for peace and healing, tapping into the zero-point field and achieving measurable effects that can be understood in terms of quantum physics.'

From an article called 'Healing the World by Collective Meditation', from this month's Nexus magazine.

Look, you know, Vince, I think what you are talking about here is VERY important. The Kennedy quote is new to me. I really had no idea about JFK. No wonder he was 'in the way...'

I really believe we should discuss and share much more as I am going to post more about what others an myself think we can each do to play what will be very powerful parts to right the wrongs and defeat the current crap political systems.

I am so thrilled at this time because I am getting so much of this New Awareness coming my way from all different directions. I can give you a little 'off the cuff list' of people who are truly inspirational at this very important time and there are LOADS more, all realising the Problem and now realising the Solution is Us, Aware Humanity.

Shelby Spong
Matthew Fox
Tom Harpur
Tony Wright
Bruce Lipton
Jude Currivan
Tony Parsons
Stephan Hoeller

MANY more. I am doing my best to post these folks on The Dancing Star because that is a place that I would like to be a place of unification of the Aware Ones, as I will call them. '

I will be preparing a post soon about Teilhard de Chardin, who 'envisaged a linkage of human minds into a coherent whole, which he termed NOOSPHERE.'

You can find more information about him at:
http://www.gaiamind.com/Teilhard.html

Vince, I love this post. I hope you will let me copy it over to The Dancing Star and add it to this new thread I will start soon as I can.

"Single cells analyse thousands of stimuli from the microenvironment they inhabit. The more awareness an organism has of its environment, the better its chances for survival. When cells band together they increase their awareness exponentially. Division of labor among the cells in the community offers an additional survival advantage. The efficiency it enables more cells to live on less. Evolution is based on an instructive, cooperative interaction among organisms and their environment enables life forms to survive and evolve in a dynamic world."
Bruce Lipton.

Are we single cells of the Humanity Experience?

There seems to be Many Approaches we can take. Let's share the possibilities...

Love and THANKS....
Jackie

Seoc Colla
Seoc Colla

December 22nd, 2010, 8:35 pm #5

Excellent posts, Vince and Jackie.
It must be extra difficult for Vince to first of all break out of the competetive commercial mindset prevelant in the US. Then put enough mental distance, to analyse then formulate an acceptable alternative. No mean feat.

Jackie, I agree with what you say, if not how to achieve it.
As I understand matters, our planet is the plane of variety and contrasts, ruled by the Law of Equal & Opposites. or Polarity, along with many others, which gives us the cliché of: for every action there must be an equal and opposite reaction, which is why it is so difficult to change the status quo.
An example would be the French Revolution of 1789 which swept away, bloodily, the corrupt, mercenary ruling classes and these were ultimately replaced by: more corrupt, mercenary ruling classes. The people of that place and time were just not ready to accept the real change. Likewise, Kennedy spoke of colonising the moon with folk from here, but unless they willingly surrendered their cherished and practised habits, all that would happen is that these too, would be transplanted.

Change starts with the individual. If it is wise and timely, it must succeed - ultimately - even if only with that individal. Take the abolition of physical slavery (other types still thrive unrecognised) as an example, but it is the way to go, indeed, I'd suggest it is the only way that can achieve change and it will be strenuously opposed by all manners of folk who will feel intimidated by the perceived loss of their cosy world: those who labour and create wealth seem only too willing to hand it over for the modern equivalent of coloured glass beads, with a long queue of manipulators happy to oblige.

Can this be stopped? Not by passing Laws, certainly. By education? Some will see the point, of course. The only sure way is for the manipulators to realise the error of their ways, but when they themselves might then have to labour instead, the willingness swiftly departs and, like the French, the status quo resumes.

December 22nd, 2010, 10:54 pm #6

I love your post, Vince!

I get very thrilled when I hear folks speaking a language I can Live in!

I really believe we are at a very important point in the evolution of humanity. It is also an extremely exciting time because many are now realising that we may just be able to DO beneficial stuff, contribute beneficial stuff.

As you say, we tend to maybe hope, we are all about, not just existing but leading beneficial lives. Yet we just need look at the state of the world, the starving millions, the mass maimed, murdered, cruelty, perverted media and politics, and so on, and we can get to think, well, I CAN help my own 'little patch', but boy, what good is little me against all this worldly sickness??

Yep, The way of the moment is one of competition instead of collaboration and we need to change the current 'western' norms, western being a metaphor, of course.

I am seeing Light at the end of this dark tunnel. I am seeing, as many do, Breaking or making Point real close.

I see the sick religious who are welcoming and indeed drooping with saliva at any oncoming Armageddon so they 'can be with' their mythical Messiahs. Sickness at it's near worse, but there IS worse...

BUT they are getting no free rides! We only need look around at the few forums we frequent and indeed many are no longer getting fooled by politicians or clerics or media. There are countless little groups all over the world getting together and trying to work out how to mass and make a forceful opposition. The numbers are there, enough imo, we just need organisation somehow.

This will happen but will it be in time?

I think so!

We have group meditators for peace that seem to be good for the individual (sometimes getting some surprising results), but it does seem when we pray or meditate, shall I say egoistically, asking for stuff, even for others, this does not work.
'Various initiatives around the world are linking millions of people in meditation for peace and healing, tapping into the zero-point field and achieving measurable effects that can be understood in terms of quantum physics.'

From an article called 'Healing the World by Collective Meditation', from this month's Nexus magazine.

Look, you know, Vince, I think what you are talking about here is VERY important. The Kennedy quote is new to me. I really had no idea about JFK. No wonder he was 'in the way...'

I really believe we should discuss and share much more as I am going to post more about what others an myself think we can each do to play what will be very powerful parts to right the wrongs and defeat the current crap political systems.

I am so thrilled at this time because I am getting so much of this New Awareness coming my way from all different directions. I can give you a little 'off the cuff list' of people who are truly inspirational at this very important time and there are LOADS more, all realising the Problem and now realising the Solution is Us, Aware Humanity.

Shelby Spong
Matthew Fox
Tom Harpur
Tony Wright
Bruce Lipton
Jude Currivan
Tony Parsons
Stephan Hoeller

MANY more. I am doing my best to post these folks on The Dancing Star because that is a place that I would like to be a place of unification of the Aware Ones, as I will call them. '

I will be preparing a post soon about Teilhard de Chardin, who 'envisaged a linkage of human minds into a coherent whole, which he termed NOOSPHERE.'

You can find more information about him at:
http://www.gaiamind.com/Teilhard.html

Vince, I love this post. I hope you will let me copy it over to The Dancing Star and add it to this new thread I will start soon as I can.

"Single cells analyse thousands of stimuli from the microenvironment they inhabit. The more awareness an organism has of its environment, the better its chances for survival. When cells band together they increase their awareness exponentially. Division of labor among the cells in the community offers an additional survival advantage. The efficiency it enables more cells to live on less. Evolution is based on an instructive, cooperative interaction among organisms and their environment enables life forms to survive and evolve in a dynamic world."
Bruce Lipton.

Are we single cells of the Humanity Experience?

There seems to be Many Approaches we can take. Let's share the possibilities...

Love and THANKS....
Jackie

Sure you can copy it. It's public domain. Heck, I don't even ask if I copy and paste posts elsewhere.~

Glad you got so much inspiration from the post.

Yeah, this greed business really bothers me. I don't want to totally diss commerce but at the same time, the driving force behind it is so shallow and mindless and selfish. Why can't people be motivated by principles instead of personal gain?

And when I look at the NTestament gospel, I see a similar longing and driving purpose there. Yes, it later became corrupt and yes, they weren't perfect people with perfect ideals but ... the early Christians stressed exactly these issues: quit being so greedy and selfish and get on the wagon with us to create a newer kinder, gentler world. Get the VISION.

Their make-believe figure head was ... the MESSIAH.

-Vince

December 22nd, 2010, 11:06 pm #7

It must be extra difficult for Vince to first of all break out of the competetive commercial mindset prevelant in the US. Then put enough mental distance, to analyse then formulate an acceptable alternative. No mean feat.

As I understand matters, our planet is the plane of variety and contrasts, ruled by the Law of Equal & Opposites. or Polarity, along with many others, which gives us the cliché of: for every action there must be an equal and opposite reaction, which is why it is so difficult to change the status quo.
An example would be the French Revolution of 1789 which swept away, bloodily, the corrupt, mercenary ruling classes and these were ultimately replaced by: more corrupt, mercenary ruling classes. The people of that place and time were just not ready to accept the real change. Likewise, Kennedy spoke of colonising the moon with folk from here, but unless they willingly surrendered their cherished and practised habits, all that would happen is that these too, would be transplanted.

Change starts with the individual. If it is wise and timely, it must succeed - ultimately - even if only with that individal. Take the abolition of physical slavery (other types still thrive unrecognised) as an example, but it is the way to go, indeed, I'd suggest it is the only way that can achieve change and it will be strenuously opposed by all manners of folk who will feel intimidated by the perceived loss of their cosy world: those who labour and create wealth seem only too willing to hand it over for the modern equivalent of coloured glass beads, with a long queue of manipulators happy to oblige.

Can this be stopped? Not by passing Laws, certainly. By education? Some will see the point, of course. The only sure way is for the manipulators to realise the error of their ways, but when they themselves might then have to labour instead, the willingness swiftly departs and, like the French, the status quo resumes.
How to achieve world harmony without using brute force to do it?

People are enamored with the concept of a "global community" but ... are they really comprehending WHO is manipulating this natural desire in the background?

What DO these powerful elite advocate or stand for? Henry Kissinger? Does he really care about the poor or the besieged? His track record sure doesn't show it. He was only too willing to help people kill each other in East Timor. He told Nixon that if Russia was gassing Jews, it would be of no concern to the U.S.

What about Ted Turner? His concern is to depopulate the world.

Maurice Strong -the father of the global warming movement? He flatly stated that the industrialized nations needed to be brought down.

Bill Gates? Well, his track record was one of vicious manipulations and tricks to eliminate competition.

Can we TRUST any of the world's rich and elite to lead us into a new world order of harmony, peace, goodwill and concern for each other? Hardly. They didn't get rich by being decent people. How could they suddenly change from being predators to being care-givers?

A new world order is possible but it needs to evolve on its own without manipulation, pushing or brute force. It could ... if the people who talk the most about implementing it would simply quietly go and contribute their own wealth to helping the 3rd world nations develop.

-Vince

December 23rd, 2010, 5:55 am #8

Thanks so much for your thoughts here, a 'subject' very dear to me.

Putting the mental distance...yes, crucial.
It reminds me of the Buddhist idea of unattachment to a degree. Being aware of but being unentangled, being able to Let Go, concepts I am still working on, but, as you say, maybe even more difficult for Vince, considering what he must be being bombarded with almost non-stop. (Maybe I assume here? )

Getting first a glimpse of the true nature of life, what is really going on, but being able to look 'down' from 'above' yet be fully grounded enough to contribute.

Smile. I hope you get what I mean.

I am not really sure how to go about achieving a 'result' from the New Awareness, 'new' I guess, really meaning something that has been known since way back yet got somewhat lost amongst the fast growth of modern humanity in the main and in the way of consumerism gone mad.

The unified mass mental connections is just one way that seems a possibility.

I certainly have recollections of the energy that was brought of our certain members of my mum's psychic meetings when i was a mere teenie.

My mum's own energy was drawn 'from her', as such, and used for communication and many 'para' () normal things would occur. And that was just a group of 4 or 5 women unified.

"..for every action there must be an equal and opposite reaction, which is why it is so difficult to change the status quo."

Yes, I would say so as well.

I have this 'worry as well of what is destroyed will be replaced, and I have a pretty poor expectation judging by humanity's alternatives so far. Yet...

We are now being shown that which, has been there all the time but hidden, the continuous line of those who never forgot the Purpose of humanity. Despite the never ceasing attempts by the Dark Ones (representing not a personal group, but those that lost their way and saw corruptness as the only way, a corruptness that seems to have been brought about due to a few reasons, but mainly fear, due to letting the ego rule, or greed, and therefore being open to be controlled by Puppet Masters, agenda's of others that have (possibly) purposes most humans could not even conceive of...

Whatever, the Messengers of Light, the ones who remembered /remember were always able to pass their knowledge on, and this knowledge, this Awareness is now, more than just seeping through the crap and density of 'western' (agenda's) values.

Of course, we need be aware, as Striver always points out () that we also get an excess of 'false' contrasts, which in fact are still of the Problem.

I am losing myself!

I see many individuals indeed 'changing', or breaking through the veils that had been 'hiding' what they / we truly are. We are seeing countless little groups who now feel, hey, we now realise The Problem, we now need to do something about it. 'The Truth shall set you free'...

We know, (we think ) the Truth to some degree at least. We are desperate, OK, I AM desperate, to be able to contribute to CHANGE.

As an individual, I think, I hope, I am on track. Be the change you want to see in the world, etc...

Indeed, education of the young is a / the key. The jesuits and their, give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man, saying, well, that makes a whole load of sense, you think?

We have, in my beliefs anyway, the crystal and Indigo and the Rainbow 'children', the ones being born Aware, to make the change. But of course, that is another story and maybe just a part of what is necessary.

It seems though you feel it will be a real long hard slog still. I have this hope that there is help maybe from 'places' not thought of by the 'norm', as well rather than in place of enlightened humans.

It's easy to let hope / desire dupe you. I hope I am aware enough to allow for that.

"...The only sure way is for the manipulators to realise the error of their ways, but when they themselves ."

That sounds pretty gloomy and unlikely to me. We get back to who the manipulators may be and why they are manipulating. Whereever they are from, whoever they may be, they are still Spirit who are experiencing and Something 'caused' their own reactions...

Haha.
Now I am truly floating around in a possible Bigger Picture. It just seems to lead that way.

Wonderful input, Seoc. I am putting some stuff together, trying to make sense of the puzzle bits that are piling up.

If you have any more thoughts or any pointers to writings that may be helpful, please let me know.

My love to you, dear Seoc.

Jackie

December 23rd, 2010, 6:10 am #9

Sure you can copy it. It's public domain. Heck, I don't even ask if I copy and paste posts elsewhere.~

Glad you got so much inspiration from the post.

Yeah, this greed business really bothers me. I don't want to totally diss commerce but at the same time, the driving force behind it is so shallow and mindless and selfish. Why can't people be motivated by principles instead of personal gain?

And when I look at the NTestament gospel, I see a similar longing and driving purpose there. Yes, it later became corrupt and yes, they weren't perfect people with perfect ideals but ... the early Christians stressed exactly these issues: quit being so greedy and selfish and get on the wagon with us to create a newer kinder, gentler world. Get the VISION.

Their make-believe figure head was ... the MESSIAH.

-Vince
We are seeing pockets of folks all over who are relaying their findings and telling others to go check for themselves. And others are and seeing what has been and is happening and that really an almost total revolution or some kind is going to be needed. A physical revolution, I doubt it. A mental revolution?

The videos you and I have been viewing recently have been putting forth possible alternatives. I am loathe to give the alternatives labels, cos these labels tend to spew up memories of gone before Ways and I feel, although we can certainly take 'the best' from some of these past attempted systems, we actually need to Think Anew, from scratch, about possible alternatives, to what the world has now.

A very difficult and daunting prospect maybe?

Vince, here is a directory you might find intersting. I just came across it very recently and, due to the holiday season here and the kids being at home, can only get brief moments looking at.

It refers to Alternative Political Systems.
http://www.dmoz.org/Society/Politics/Al ... l_Systems/

At the very least we are seeing masses of people realising alternatives are needed, what remains is of course, how these Aware folks can be the alternative en masse themselves.

As you said to Seoc, 'How to achieve world harmony without using brute force to do it? '

A work in progress is the best I can contribute, Vince.

Thanks again. Appreciate your thoughts.

Please share anything else you come across or your own thoughts again as and where.......

Love
Jackie

December 23rd, 2010, 7:46 am #10

Poster:

Tom Harpur,
The Pagan Christ

Love
Jackie

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools, shown in the media, or proclaimed by the church and state. Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance, taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality, a collective dream in which values are inverted, lies are taken as truth, and tyranny is accepted as security. They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity.

Fortunately, some are born with spiritual immune systems that sooner or later give rejection to the illusory worldview grafted upon them from birth through social conditioning. They begin sensing that something is amiss, and start looking for answers. Inner knowledge and anomalous outer experiences show them a side of reality others are oblivious to, and so begins their journey of awakening. Each step of the journey is made by following the heart instead of following the crowd and by choosing knowledge over ignorance.

Knowledge is the key to unlocking our potential. It gives us the self-determination, responsibility, and power necessary to cast off the chains of covert oppression. Knowledge is therefore the greatest protector, for it also gives us foresight to impeccably handle the challenges of life and, most importantly, to sidestep the traps on the path to awakening. The more you know of higher truths and apply what you know, the more you begin operating under higher laws that transcend the limitations of the lower.

Here you will find articles and resources that push the boundaries of fringe knowledge. Specific subjects include:

alternative science, from orgonomy to quantum physics
current events and the New World Order
the role of extraterrestrial and hyperdimensional aliens
how you are being farmed for your spiritual energies
the Matrix and its agents
how most people are asleep, what it takes to wake up
possible cataclysmic futures and what they entail
nonlinear nature of time and reality
meaning of deja vus and synchronicities
the reality shift into fourth density"

http://montalk.net/

Last edited by BlueJudah on December 23rd, 2010, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.