The Ring Of Fire Is Roaring To Life And There Will Be Earthquakes Of Historic Importance

The Ring Of Fire Is Roaring To Life And There Will Be Earthquakes Of Historic Importance

April 14th, 2012, 12:56 am #1

Does it seem to you like there has been an unusual amount of seismic activity around the world lately? Well, it isn't just your imagination. The Ring of Fire is roaring to life and that is really bad news for the west coast of the United States.

Approximately 90 percent of all earthquakes and approximately 75 percent of all volcanic eruptions occur along the Ring of Fire.

Considering the fact that the entire west coast of the United States lies along the Ring of Fire, we should be very concerned that the Ring of Fire is becoming more active. On Wednesday, the most powerful strike-slip earthquake ever recorded happened along the Ring of Fire. If that earthquake had happened in a major U.S. city along the west coast, the city would have been entirely destroyed.

More:

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/04/rin ... e-and.html

April 14th, 2012, 4:36 am #2

"Mr. Sapien" (*ahem*, yeah right) wrote about this. According to his theories, this has to do with the wickedness of Hollywood and the gay agenda. Evidently, this is all a warning to President Obama that God is going to destroy Hollywood...he's just randomly wiping out areas along the Pacific Rim. I'm not sure if God is waiting for Hollywood to repent, or if a city can actually repent. And then I don't know what will happen to all those gay folks.

I believe he was asked if Hurricane Katrina was a warning to President Bush that he had started an unjust war for evil reasons, but I never read an answer to that one.

Tim
Tim

April 14th, 2012, 6:17 am #3

Matthew24:7
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

....14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Luke21:11
11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Bro Tim

April 14th, 2012, 2:12 pm #4

"Mr. Sapien" (*ahem*, yeah right) wrote about this. According to his theories, this has to do with the wickedness of Hollywood and the gay agenda. Evidently, this is all a warning to President Obama that God is going to destroy Hollywood...he's just randomly wiping out areas along the Pacific Rim. I'm not sure if God is waiting for Hollywood to repent, or if a city can actually repent. And then I don't know what will happen to all those gay folks.

I believe he was asked if Hurricane Katrina was a warning to President Bush that he had started an unjust war for evil reasons, but I never read an answer to that one.
The Earth has a moving crust (tectonic plates) floating on a molten core. It is subject to gravity from various bodies and internal pressures. In times past it has been subject to strikes from objects in space, volcanoes, earthquakes, floods and all sorts of weather fluctuations. Even in the absence of "immoral" beings walking the Earth, making "God" wrathful.

Sometimes the simple, natural explanation makes more sense. And is far more likely to be correct.

peace, out

On edit. I would hazard to guess that Mr Sapien was simply playing Fundy's advocate. Knowing him for many years now, I'm 99% certain this is the case. His "views" were only meant to elicit responses, and were not reflective of his true beliefs.
Last edited by Oscar50 on April 14th, 2012, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

April 15th, 2012, 7:13 am #5

Youd be rejecting out of hand these signs (that it is impossible for) god to provide?

or is it possible to prove a god?

and if it is possible to prove a god, what does it say that in 2000, Christians havent found one little plausible piece of it yet?

If it is possible after all but hasnt been found, why believe in that something?

April 16th, 2012, 6:55 am #6

The earth is behaving as it always has - we have had tornados, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, and tidal waves all throughout recorded history - and in prehistoric times as well, according to the fossil record. We've had massive climate change before - ice ages that ended with global warming. I do think that human industry and technology has developed to the point that we may very well be adversely affecting the climate, but if we make changes, our affect could be diminished or reversed. The hole in the ozone layer is almost closed:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -25-years/

But no matter what changes we make, the earth will still have climate changes and weather that is at times catastrophic. That's just the way nature works.

JVH

April 16th, 2012, 1:01 pm #7

http://www.network54.com/Forum/272761/m ... 334554805/

rejected and denied by many, accepted and embraced by few : falsifiability
- it is not what we (think we) know that matters, it is what we can show true that does
as the maxim demands; truth is demonstrably fact and fact is demonstrably true
everything else ... mere BS -

New!! Improved!! Now With CD-Formula!!

CD: short for inevitability

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

April 18th, 2012, 10:16 pm #8

The earth is behaving as it always has - we have had tornados, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, and tidal waves all throughout recorded history - and in prehistoric times as well, according to the fossil record. We've had massive climate change before - ice ages that ended with global warming. I do think that human industry and technology has developed to the point that we may very well be adversely affecting the climate, but if we make changes, our affect could be diminished or reversed. The hole in the ozone layer is almost closed:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -25-years/

But no matter what changes we make, the earth will still have climate changes and weather that is at times catastrophic. That's just the way nature works.
Its it faith in gods that prevents christians from being concerned about the effect of man made climate change kate?

April 19th, 2012, 6:27 am #9

The earth has been through many, many climate changes in millions of years -- some of them apparently quite sudden. I remember reading about the Beresovka mammoth, found beautifully preserved in ice...and it had buttercups stuck in its teeth.

I really don't know why Christians would not be concerned about the effect of man made climate change. I don't know how that would contradict their faith at all, even the most far-right fundamentalist young earth creationists -- I don't get how that would contradict what they believe or how acknowledging human carelessness and destructiveness would be contrary to their faith.

And it's not all Christians or only Christians that deny man's effect on climate change. JVH denies it, and is not a Christian.

I don't deny it -- I work in the energy industry, and definitely see things we humans have done that have adversely effected the environment and consequently, the climate -- air and water pollution, reliance on fossil fuels, acid rain, strip mining and soil erosion, endangering species to the point of extinction, the hole in the ozone layer, medical waste dumped in the ocean, the devastating effects of oil spills, deforestation of the rain forest, nuclear waste, etc.

My denomination does not deny or dismiss the seriousness of man's adverse effect on the environment, and in fact considers it a great sin than mankind is destroying the beauty and health of creation. But, to give some hope, there have been devastating effects we have been able to repair and reverse. As in the National Geographic article I posted above, the hole in the ozone layer is almost closed. We have cleaned up horribly polluted areas and oil spills. We have been able to save some species from the brink of extinction -- the buffalo, the California condor, the prairie dog, the whooping crane, the bald eagle.

I just know that the awesome and sometimes destructive power of nature has existed since time began, and no matter what we do to clean up our act, we can't stop climate change from happening, if that is the natural course of things. We can work to prevent forest fires, educate people, fine them for illegal burning or campfires in dry season...but we can't stop lightning strikes from happening. We can decide that nuclear power is just too dangerous, stop building nuke plants, and spend decades and millions of dollars to try to safely decommission existing nuclear plants...but we can't prevent earthquakes and tidal waves. We can mandate that everyone reduce their carbon footprint, and find alternative natural fuel sources...but we can't stop volcanos from erupting and stop the effects of volcanic ash in the atmosphere.