The miracles never stop!!!! Apple seeds into trees!

The miracles never stop!!!! Apple seeds into trees!

Tim
Tim

November 2nd, 2010, 4:40 am #1

Tonight I have 12 apple seeds from 1 "Red Delicious" apple I got at Wallmart in Brainerd Minnesota. And 12 of the 14 seeds have sprouted!

Isn't that exciting!?!?!?! WAHOO!!!!

And according to the DNR they will grow just fine this far North.

I tried it once before early this summer but some critter dug it up and ate it.
Like a chipmunk or squirrel.
But these ones I'll keep protected until they are big enough to put outside.

I think this is exciting!
But watching them grow may get boring. Its a long term thing.
But I assisted in the sprouting which means a lot to me.

Its new life, that without my intervention would have ended up in a dump.
And "Red Delicious" good choosing I say, they taste great!

How to do it?
Put seeds in wet paper towel and in baggy for 6 weeks in refrigorator.
Then let baggy sit out a room temp for 2 weeks. Hold the baggy up to a light to see sprouts.
Plant very shallow in dirt and not to much water!

Wasn't that fun!
I think I will keep mine on the porch, so critters don't kill them again.

The miracles never stop. All Glory belongs to GOD the Father. Amen.

Every seed after its own.

November 2nd, 2010, 6:17 am #2

I love my garden and to plant stuff and see it grow - such a thrill.
My pride and joy is a massive cedar tree in my gaeden which I brought 14 years ago as a little shrub. A real beauty!

Yep, from those little seeds come great miracles.

Buddha once said:

"I am the miracle".

So much that is taken for granted are really amazing phenomena.

Love
Jackie

November 2nd, 2010, 12:24 pm #3

Tonight I have 12 apple seeds from 1 "Red Delicious" apple I got at Wallmart in Brainerd Minnesota. And 12 of the 14 seeds have sprouted!

Isn't that exciting!?!?!?! WAHOO!!!!

And according to the DNR they will grow just fine this far North.

I tried it once before early this summer but some critter dug it up and ate it.
Like a chipmunk or squirrel.
But these ones I'll keep protected until they are big enough to put outside.

I think this is exciting!
But watching them grow may get boring. Its a long term thing.
But I assisted in the sprouting which means a lot to me.

Its new life, that without my intervention would have ended up in a dump.
And "Red Delicious" good choosing I say, they taste great!

How to do it?
Put seeds in wet paper towel and in baggy for 6 weeks in refrigorator.
Then let baggy sit out a room temp for 2 weeks. Hold the baggy up to a light to see sprouts.
Plant very shallow in dirt and not to much water!

Wasn't that fun!
I think I will keep mine on the porch, so critters don't kill them again.

The miracles never stop. All Glory belongs to GOD the Father. Amen.

Every seed after its own.

... I don't know if I'd call it a "miracle".

-----------------------------------------------
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church." -- Ferdinand Magellan

November 2nd, 2010, 1:09 pm #4

As never having been a one for 'miracles', always believing there is an explanation somewhere (), miracles is as miracle does....

A miracle if just a word for that which still evedes us, such as the creation of life itself, little things like that!

Love
Jackie

November 2nd, 2010, 2:34 pm #5

Jackie said: As never having been a one for 'miracles', always believing there is an explanation somewhere, miracles is as miracle does....

In this case, the explanation is very simple. Apple trees grow from apple seeds. They're supposed to. No miracle necessary. No magic required.

Giving credit for the normal growth cycle of apple trees to magic seems a bit disingenuous to me. Sorry to rain on the parade, but I gotta call them as I see them. It would be dishonest of me to do otherwise.

Jackie said: A miracle if just a word for that which still evedes us, such as the creation of life itself, little things like that!

Well, that which evades us, to me, isn't a miracle. I think it more of a lack of understanding or knowledge. However, in this case, there is no lack of understanding. The life cycle of apple trees is not a mystery to us, and is well documented. Now, if Tim could get his apple trees to grow in the Sahara Desert, or the Arctic Tundra, or on the surface of Mars... that would qualify as a miracle.

And therein lies my point. There are no such things as miracles. There is only what we know, and what we don't know.

As Einstein once said, the real miracle is that there are no miracles in the real world.

"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church." -- Ferdinand Magellan

November 2nd, 2010, 3:35 pm #6

Life. A tree from a seed. Yeah, simple. Open and shut then.
Life. A baby from a egg and a sperm. Open and shut.

Gosh, that was easy, er, Jackie said....

Chrysler!

And that it is, no more????

(Didn't I kinda indicate miracles were just things as yet unknown, er maybe not. )

Love
Jackie
Last edited by BlueJudah on November 2nd, 2010, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 2nd, 2010, 3:44 pm #7

Jackie said: As never having been a one for 'miracles', always believing there is an explanation somewhere, miracles is as miracle does....

In this case, the explanation is very simple. Apple trees grow from apple seeds. They're supposed to. No miracle necessary. No magic required.

Giving credit for the normal growth cycle of apple trees to magic seems a bit disingenuous to me. Sorry to rain on the parade, but I gotta call them as I see them. It would be dishonest of me to do otherwise.

Jackie said: A miracle if just a word for that which still evedes us, such as the creation of life itself, little things like that!

Well, that which evades us, to me, isn't a miracle. I think it more of a lack of understanding or knowledge. However, in this case, there is no lack of understanding. The life cycle of apple trees is not a mystery to us, and is well documented. Now, if Tim could get his apple trees to grow in the Sahara Desert, or the Arctic Tundra, or on the surface of Mars... that would qualify as a miracle.

And therein lies my point. There are no such things as miracles. There is only what we know, and what we don't know.

As Einstein once said, the real miracle is that there are no miracles in the real world.

You are not looking in depth enough to be anywhere near 'my parade'.

Tim and myself were just getting excited and thrilled about life.

You wanted to throw what you feel is a dampener, then finem that was cool. I know Tim and myself will still be excired and thrilled and hopefully so will you with your input.

So, smiles all round then.

Love
Jackie

November 2nd, 2010, 4:03 pm #8

Life. A tree from a seed. Yeah, simple. Open and shut then.
Life. A baby from a egg and a sperm. Open and shut.

Gosh, that was easy, er, Jackie said....

Chrysler!

And that it is, no more????

(Didn't I kinda indicate miracles were just things as yet unknown, er maybe not. )

Love
Jackie
From a philosophical standpoint, there is much more to it. I just don't see apple trees growing exactly as apple trees should as being surprising. It's beautiful, yes... but it's not surprising or miraculous. Apple trees growing from apple seeds is EXACTLY what I would expect to happen. It's not magic. It's just life, and life if everywhere.

I enjoy the mysteries of life, when there is actually a mystery. Enjoying an apple tree sprouting, to me, is beautiful. But it's no mystery. I look at a sunset and admire it's beauty... but I don't think that sunlight refracting off of our planet's atmosphere is miraculous. And I don't say, "Look at that sunset. Jesus must have done that."

There are trillions of planets in the universe that also have beautiful sunsets. When something happens a trillion times over, I don't find that as being miraculous.

If I'm a party-pooper for pointing that out that there's no miracle in sunsets or apple trees growing, then so be it.

I believe in you and me. I'm like Albert Schweitzer and Bertrand Russell and Albert Einstein in that I have a respect for life... in any form. I believe in nature, in the birds, the sea, the sky, in everything I can see or that there is real evidence for. If these things are what you mean by God, then I believe in God. -- Frank Sinatra

November 2nd, 2010, 4:31 pm #9

I said as long as you are happy then FINE!

Mystery for me is not 'just' the seed, but the force behind the seed...

Miracle is just a word, nowt to get upset by...

Like god or christ or satan....

Just words. Now what each one Thinks / what life experience is behind a word, well, that can be a whole different and exhilarating Thing...

But we are all on Many Different Paths, thank goodness and reflect on the Cosmos in our many ways.

And thank God for that.....

Love
Jackie