The importance of regulating things from a Conservative standpoint

The importance of regulating things from a Conservative standpoint

February 27th, 2012, 8:58 pm #1

-----------------------------------------------
"Atheism is an effect of knowledge about religion, not a lack of knowledge. I gave a Bible to my daughter. That's how you make atheists." -- Dave Silverman, President of American Atheists

Tim
Tim

February 28th, 2012, 5:52 am #2

Atheism needs to be regulated and kicked out of our public schools.

Only 5% of society is Atheist, and its taught in public schools because Atheists are wieners and stubborn control freaks.

You know its true Doc. Jesus loves you and so do I.

February 28th, 2012, 7:32 am #3

thats why there are catholic or other christian based private schools...OR home schooling is also an option

separation of church and state.

it is a dangerous game....so if you want to teach Genesis....then....eventually you will also have to teach what the Koran or the sacred book of the Chineese or or or believe.....

you cannot JUST say teach Geneis...and disallow other religious unterpretations on creation etc

i do believe however, that whene3ver 'evolution' etc....is going to be taught in school, parents should have sent home a warning. THEN parents candiscuss and teach whatever they feel is correct (and should be doing that anyhow) and what problems they may see in evolution etc.

imv

Tim
Tim

February 28th, 2012, 8:43 am #4

defending Atheists and Darwinism in public schools.

I don't know who will be in more trouble, me or you, without the sacrifice and Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ defending our acceptance.

Bro Tim

Iceman
Iceman

February 28th, 2012, 3:32 pm #5

Public schools means PUBLIC - not religious. Public schools are funded by public money i.e TAXES. Public schools are such as to teach fact: Not superstition.

February 28th, 2012, 4:34 pm #6

Atheism needs to be regulated and kicked out of our public schools.

Only 5% of society is Atheist, and its taught in public schools because Atheists are wieners and stubborn control freaks.

You know its true Doc. Jesus loves you and so do I.
Tim said: Atheism needs to be regulated and kicked out of our public schools.

Nice attempt to change the subject, Tim. But, whatever....

Atheism isn't being taught in public schools. Actually, atheism is devoid of any content. Theism is the belief in deities. Atheism says, "provide proof of deities". That's all atheism says.

So, which public schools are "teaching atheism"?

Tim said: Only 5% of society is Atheist, and its taught in public schools because Atheists are wieners and stubborn control freaks.

Actually, it's closer to 15%.

Please point me to a text book being used in public schools that "teaches atheism".

If you can't provide this textbook, I'll write off your claims as your usual, ignorant, uneducated bullshit.

"Atheism is an effect of knowledge about religion, not a lack of knowledge. I gave a Bible to my daughter. That's how you make atheists." -- Dave Silverman, President of American Atheists

February 28th, 2012, 4:51 pm #7

thats why there are catholic or other christian based private schools...OR home schooling is also an option

separation of church and state.

it is a dangerous game....so if you want to teach Genesis....then....eventually you will also have to teach what the Koran or the sacred book of the Chineese or or or believe.....

you cannot JUST say teach Geneis...and disallow other religious unterpretations on creation etc

i do believe however, that whene3ver 'evolution' etc....is going to be taught in school, parents should have sent home a warning. THEN parents candiscuss and teach whatever they feel is correct (and should be doing that anyhow) and what problems they may see in evolution etc.

imv
... in regards to what you said about evolution.

Gerard said: i do believe however, that whene3ver 'evolution' etc....is going to be taught in school, parents should have sent home a warning. THEN parents candiscuss and teach whatever they feel is correct (and should be doing that anyhow) and what problems they may see in evolution etc.

But Gerard, what if a parent has a problem with "1 + 1 = 2", and the parent "feels the correct answer" is 3?

Should the "1+1=3" crowd be allowed to teach their beliefs in public school arithmetic classes, despite the fact that every reputable mathematician on the planet knows the correct answer is 2?

What if the parent believes the Roman Empire never existed? Should they be allowed to pull their child out of public school history classes because the "blasphemy" of the historicity of Rome is taught?

The only people who don't believe evolution disbelieve because of 2 reasons: religious reasons, and ignorance of Natural Selection. Ignorance can be fixed with education, but religious resistance cannot. Faith is a powerful weapon that can delude a learning mind.

And whether or not they will admit it, religious people are allowed to have their own opinions, but not their own facts.

There is no controversy regarding evolution in the scientific community. Evolution is a proven scientific fact. It's supported by genetic, archeological, molecular, paleontological, and observed evidence. Creationism doesn't have 1 single shred of evidence to support it. In fact, if you go to a creationist website, or pick up a creationist book, they don't have ANY theories of their own. Their evidence is "I don't believe evolution". Which, they incorrectly assume, makes Creationism the default answer. It's not.

If Christians have a problem with proven scientific facts, they need to send their children to private religious schools where they can misinform their children all they want.

It would be a shame, but if that's how they wish to misinform their child, so be it.

Last edited by edstrange13 on February 28th, 2012, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim
Tim

February 28th, 2012, 11:34 pm #8

Public schools means PUBLIC - not religious. Public schools are funded by public money i.e TAXES. Public schools are such as to teach fact: Not superstition.
Public schools should be governed by public majority, and not the 5% who are Atheist.

And the separation of church and state is to protect the churches from the state, not the state from the church.

And evolution is not a fact. And creation is not superstition.

There is no proof of evolution, its simply a theory that doesn't fit the scientific facts.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

February 29th, 2012, 1:36 am #9

... in regards to what you said about evolution.

Gerard said: i do believe however, that whene3ver 'evolution' etc....is going to be taught in school, parents should have sent home a warning. THEN parents candiscuss and teach whatever they feel is correct (and should be doing that anyhow) and what problems they may see in evolution etc.

But Gerard, what if a parent has a problem with "1 + 1 = 2", and the parent "feels the correct answer" is 3?

Should the "1+1=3" crowd be allowed to teach their beliefs in public school arithmetic classes, despite the fact that every reputable mathematician on the planet knows the correct answer is 2?

What if the parent believes the Roman Empire never existed? Should they be allowed to pull their child out of public school history classes because the "blasphemy" of the historicity of Rome is taught?

The only people who don't believe evolution disbelieve because of 2 reasons: religious reasons, and ignorance of Natural Selection. Ignorance can be fixed with education, but religious resistance cannot. Faith is a powerful weapon that can delude a learning mind.

And whether or not they will admit it, religious people are allowed to have their own opinions, but not their own facts.

There is no controversy regarding evolution in the scientific community. Evolution is a proven scientific fact. It's supported by genetic, archeological, molecular, paleontological, and observed evidence. Creationism doesn't have 1 single shred of evidence to support it. In fact, if you go to a creationist website, or pick up a creationist book, they don't have ANY theories of their own. Their evidence is "I don't believe evolution". Which, they incorrectly assume, makes Creationism the default answer. It's not.

If Christians have a problem with proven scientific facts, they need to send their children to private religious schools where they can misinform their children all they want.

It would be a shame, but if that's how they wish to misinform their child, so be it.

but not according to science, which worked it out by observastion.

It depends on the reader to decide if they will believe what they see for themselves, or whether they will deny their own observations to believe what they read in a book only.

Tim wants to believe what "the majority" believe rather than what the facts dictate, either way, scientific fact wont be working off superstition any time soon, no matter how determined the believers are.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

February 29th, 2012, 1:40 am #10

Tim said: Atheism needs to be regulated and kicked out of our public schools.

Nice attempt to change the subject, Tim. But, whatever....

Atheism isn't being taught in public schools. Actually, atheism is devoid of any content. Theism is the belief in deities. Atheism says, "provide proof of deities". That's all atheism says.

So, which public schools are "teaching atheism"?

Tim said: Only 5% of society is Atheist, and its taught in public schools because Atheists are wieners and stubborn control freaks.

Actually, it's closer to 15%.

Please point me to a text book being used in public schools that "teaches atheism".

If you can't provide this textbook, I'll write off your claims as your usual, ignorant, uneducated bullshit.

believe in.

In England, is it 50% atheist?

In the USA Non believers have grown by approx 12 percent in the last 10 years, they were christians previously.

People are waking up from their deity dream it seems, why not tim?