Striver I'm still waiting for an answer

Striver I'm still waiting for an answer

March 4th, 2010, 6:02 pm #1

I mentioned below that there is ONE THING your study of Comparative Religions would never be able to explain is the RELATIONSHIP between God and His children. Your non answer to my questions verifies my statement CORRECT.

Here again is the question. I would appreciate you being honest and at least ADMIT this question CANNOT be answered through CR Studies.

N> You have 57 years experience of comparing religions and I have 40 years of relationship with God as my HEAVENLY FATHER birthed by His Holy Spirit. So WHO WOULD KNOW GOD BETTER Striver? One who may be good at comparing religions OR one who has personally walked with God and been taught by Him for 40 years?

What you're giving me is RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCES by you. What I'm giving YOU is what I've learned from God my Father in heaven in 40 years.

The reason I asked you is because...there is something in studying CR that you can't discover. WHY????? Because it is NOT a religion, it is a RELATIONSHIP. You may know a lot in comparing one religion to another, and give SUBJECTIVE thoughts on what you've discovered, but one thing observed from what you're saying is that you know NOTHING about people that have a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

You're giving an answer from your comparative religions studies which is ONLY of what you've embraced in your mind from what you've learned. I asked... WHO WOULD KNOW GOD BETTER Striver? One who may be good at comparing religions OR one who has personally walked with God and been taught by Him for 40 years?

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal

March 5th, 2010, 12:01 am #2

...under the teaching of a church, or denomination, adds up to 40 years of indoctrination by one of the 30,000+ doctrinally disagreeing denominations which all claim to be teaching for God. What are the chances that any one denomination of the 30,000+, happens to be the one which actually teaches for God? How many people who claim to be taught by God, ever learn anything from God that would cause them to leave their denomination?

"I don't speak for God. I only have honest opinion."

March 5th, 2010, 11:16 am #3

I'm a child of God first. As a child of God, I don't embrace any indoctrinations of ANY denominations KNOWING that in SOME AREAS certain NON-ESSENTIAL doctrines ARE going to be different, BUT they are NON-ESSENTIAL. I embrace only ESSENTIAL DOCTRINES ie. the Deity of Christ, Trinity, etc. as taught by the Holy Spirit from the Scriptures.

The verses below tell of the Bereans from Berea.

Acts 17:10-11
10 And the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea; and when they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily, {to see} whether these things were so.
(NAS)

They didn't just believe everything they were told from one who was giving a message, THE GULLIBLE do that. What THEY DID was to listen, with great eagerness ....BUT... examined the Holy Spirit inspired Scriptures to see if what was being told them was true. So the way to find a TRUE BELIEVER that has a TRUE relationship with God is to examine what the person is saying to see if it ALIGNS with the message of ALL of God's Word and not just cherry picked verses. I'm a child of God that ATTENDS a certain Christian and Missionary Alliance Church because the teaching from my paricular church embraces the verses above. IOW test what you're being told by the PERFECT STANDARD of MEASURE which is the Holy Bible.

Struver
Struver

March 5th, 2010, 2:17 pm #4

I mentioned below that there is ONE THING your study of Comparative Religions would never be able to explain is the RELATIONSHIP between God and His children. Your non answer to my questions verifies my statement CORRECT.

Here again is the question. I would appreciate you being honest and at least ADMIT this question CANNOT be answered through CR Studies.

N> You have 57 years experience of comparing religions and I have 40 years of relationship with God as my HEAVENLY FATHER birthed by His Holy Spirit. So WHO WOULD KNOW GOD BETTER Striver? One who may be good at comparing religions OR one who has personally walked with God and been taught by Him for 40 years?

What you're giving me is RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCES by you. What I'm giving YOU is what I've learned from God my Father in heaven in 40 years.

The reason I asked you is because...there is something in studying CR that you can't discover. WHY????? Because it is NOT a religion, it is a RELATIONSHIP. You may know a lot in comparing one religion to another, and give SUBJECTIVE thoughts on what you've discovered, but one thing observed from what you're saying is that you know NOTHING about people that have a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

You're giving an answer from your comparative religions studies which is ONLY of what you've embraced in your mind from what you've learned. I asked... WHO WOULD KNOW GOD BETTER Striver? One who may be good at comparing religions OR one who has personally walked with God and been taught by Him for 40 years?

I have posted the following so many times that I didn't intend to post it again. But, since we're back on the subject, well, here we go again.

Before getting into my response, let's establish that the scriptures of all world religions, while worded differently, say the same thing. Yes, the Bible too! Among other things, they all teach what Philippians 2:5-6, also Genesis 3:22, teaches. What teaching? That which says humanity's immediate goal is to acquire Christ mind. Mind is subjective, not objective. All world scriptures deal with mind and its evolution from embryo to that quality called Christ in the Occident Since the Bible is a collection of Scriptures from B.C. religions, the Bible also deals with mind and its evolution.

The Christ said, repeating, that if he (Christ mind) be lifted-up (implemented) he will draw all men together...to him, to tht quality mind called Christ (in the Occident). All thinking that causes separation, resentment, even hatred, is anti-Christ.

Put as succinctly as I know how...

Christ mind, limited to humanity, is that mind quality which eliminates all barriers to goodwill, brotherhood.

Human mind, still under the influence of its tribe stage of evolution, separates, divides, creates tribes (nations); the "our God, religion, nation, against their's mentality.

Christ mind eliminates all barriers to humanity's intended function as becoming a magnetic center that "draws together" the higher and lower trinities within humanity. Ageless Wisdom Philosophy teaches this becoming a magnetic center is our purpose; not is to go to a fatuous heave and stare at God for eternity. That is indicative of the separative, selfish attitude of, "I made it, let's see if you can."

I don't expect you to agree, but the purpose of humanity's "letting that mind which is in Christ-Jesus be also in us" is so that humanity can become a center of attractive consciousness which will do what the symbolic woman in Matthew 13:33 is doing. That is, to become a center of attractive consciousness that "draws" the higher and lower Trinities to become ONE IN CHRIST (Christ mind).You see Nucc, we, the human race, are the Word made flesh

I don't believe there is a Satan, but if there were, old Sate could have ho greater ally than Fundamentalist religion, Christian or Islam.

Nothing can do the opposite of drawing men together any more than to tell them their God, religion and prophet are Satanic...false. Be honest, doesn't my adverse critiques of religion piss you off? Sure it does. Probably makes you want to punch me out. Well, this "pissed off" response is precisely what you create by telling non-Christians that if they don't renounce their Satanic God, religion, Prophet and accept Jesus as their personal savior, they are doomed to burn in Hell.

But the above is the effect. What is the cause? For some unfathomable reason, Orthodox Christianity has managed to convince itself it is superior, special in God's eyes; that this invisible God found them so special that He gave truth to Christianity, and Christianity alone. From the pinnacle of their self created pedestal they make the assumption they have been commissioned by this invisible God to condescendingly bring God's truth to the world, saving the world from an invisible Satan. How glamourous!!

There is nothing at this time in history which is serving as a greater impediment to "Peace on Earth, goodwill towards men" than this belief system of Fundamentalist religion. IT HAS TO BE BROKEN-UP!! Fundamentalist religion is not the solution. IT IS THE PROBLEM!! I like to quote former president Eisenhower who said, "If governments would get out of the way, the people of Earth would get along just fine." He should have included religion.

There is no better way to burst this bubble of ignorance than the realities revealed by a study of Comparative Religion. You say it has nothing to do with relationship to the Word? You could not be more wrong. We are the Word made flesh. Psalm 82.6 says we are Gods. I know your religion disagrees with this scripture, but we agree because we have a working understanding of what it means..

To remove the hatred and resentment caused by Fundamentalist religion IS to improve relationship with each other...Gods.

Humanity is headed towards a one Earth, one humanity collective mindset. No more 'our nation against their nation; our God against their God; our religion against their religion; no more their race and our race...just the human race.

The evolution of the Word towards achieving its goal is inexorable.We can lead, follow, or resist and get ground under.

March 5th, 2010, 6:55 pm #5

I'm a child of God first. As a child of God, I don't embrace any indoctrinations of ANY denominations KNOWING that in SOME AREAS certain NON-ESSENTIAL doctrines ARE going to be different, BUT they are NON-ESSENTIAL. I embrace only ESSENTIAL DOCTRINES ie. the Deity of Christ, Trinity, etc. as taught by the Holy Spirit from the Scriptures.

10 And the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea; and when they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily, {to see} whether these things were so.
(NAS)

They didn't just believe everything they were told from one who was giving a message, THE GULLIBLE do that. What THEY DID was to listen, with great eagerness ....BUT... examined the Holy Spirit inspired Scriptures to see if what was being told them was true. So the way to find a TRUE BELIEVER that has a TRUE relationship with God is to examine what the person is saying to see if it ALIGNS with the message of ALL of God's Word and not just cherry picked verses. I'm a child of God that ATTENDS a certain Christian and Missionary Alliance Church because the teaching from my paricular church embraces the verses above. IOW test what you're being told by the PERFECT STANDARD of MEASURE which is the Holy Bible.

If one does not understand the story of the bible, he cannot know what doctrines are essential and what doctrines are not. Essential can only be determined by understanding the bible, and understanding the bible is not the forte' of those who are divided into so many thousands of doctrinally disagreeing groups.
The Apostle's Creed, not the bible, is the context within which Christendom interprets scripture, but the Apostle's creed is not scripture, and not even scriptural without playing fast and loose with the context. The apostle's creed is simply a list of opinions, established as doctrine by majority vote at the first ecumenical council of Nicea in 325.
What do you think?

"I don't speak for God. All I have is personal opinion based on the story of continuity which runs through the bible!"
Last edited by Provoker42 on March 5th, 2010, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 5th, 2010, 7:22 pm #6

(NAS)

When it comes to interpreting scripture, the perfect standard of measure is not "Just" the bible, but the story which runs through the bible(the greater context). 30,000+ doctrinally disagreeing, bible based organizations all use the so-called perfect standard of measure, and all disagree. Can it be determined, which of these organizations used the perfect standard of measure to extablish a perfect set of doctrines? There can be only one, you know:-)

There is an old story about when Rolls Royce decided to use an automatic transmission. After testing all the transmissions on the market, RR tore apart the best one to see if it's parts met RR standards. They found one piece which was not smooth enough for them. When they polished the part to RR standards, the transmission no longer worked properly.
The standard should not be what suits our fancy, but simply what works.

"I don't speak for God. All I have is personal opinion based on the story of continuity which runs through the bible!"

March 5th, 2010, 10:21 pm #7

If one does not understand the story of the bible, he cannot know what doctrines are essential and what doctrines are not. Essential can only be determined by understanding the bible, and understanding the bible is not the forte' of those who are divided into so many thousands of doctrinally disagreeing groups.
The Apostle's Creed, not the bible, is the context within which Christendom interprets scripture, but the Apostle's creed is not scripture, and not even scriptural without playing fast and loose with the context. The apostle's creed is simply a list of opinions, established as doctrine by majority vote at the first ecumenical council of Nicea in 325.
What do you think?

Nucc is simply a staunch Catholic who doesn't know it.

-Vince

March 5th, 2010, 10:25 pm #8

When it comes to interpreting scripture, the perfect standard of measure is not "Just" the bible, but the story which runs through the bible(the greater context). 30,000+ doctrinally disagreeing, bible based organizations all use the so-called perfect standard of measure, and all disagree. Can it be determined, which of these organizations used the perfect standard of measure to extablish a perfect set of doctrines? There can be only one, you know:-)

There is an old story about when Rolls Royce decided to use an automatic transmission. After testing all the transmissions on the market, RR tore apart the best one to see if it's parts met RR standards. They found one piece which was not smooth enough for them. When they polished the part to RR standards, the transmission no longer worked properly.
The standard should not be what suits our fancy, but simply what works.

Which part THAT was!

Maybe the clutch?

-Vince

March 5th, 2010, 10:33 pm #9

I have posted the following so many times that I didn't intend to post it again. But, since we're back on the subject, well, here we go again.

Before getting into my response, let's establish that the scriptures of all world religions, while worded differently, say the same thing. Yes, the Bible too! Among other things, they all teach what Philippians 2:5-6, also Genesis 3:22, teaches. What teaching? That which says humanity's immediate goal is to acquire Christ mind. Mind is subjective, not objective. All world scriptures deal with mind and its evolution from embryo to that quality called Christ in the Occident Since the Bible is a collection of Scriptures from B.C. religions, the Bible also deals with mind and its evolution.

The Christ said, repeating, that if he (Christ mind) be lifted-up (implemented) he will draw all men together...to him, to tht quality mind called Christ (in the Occident). All thinking that causes separation, resentment, even hatred, is anti-Christ.

Put as succinctly as I know how...

Christ mind, limited to humanity, is that mind quality which eliminates all barriers to goodwill, brotherhood.

Human mind, still under the influence of its tribe stage of evolution, separates, divides, creates tribes (nations); the "our God, religion, nation, against their's mentality.

Christ mind eliminates all barriers to humanity's intended function as becoming a magnetic center that "draws together" the higher and lower trinities within humanity. Ageless Wisdom Philosophy teaches this becoming a magnetic center is our purpose; not is to go to a fatuous heave and stare at God for eternity. That is indicative of the separative, selfish attitude of, "I made it, let's see if you can."

I don't expect you to agree, but the purpose of humanity's "letting that mind which is in Christ-Jesus be also in us" is so that humanity can become a center of attractive consciousness which will do what the symbolic woman in Matthew 13:33 is doing. That is, to become a center of attractive consciousness that "draws" the higher and lower Trinities to become ONE IN CHRIST (Christ mind).You see Nucc, we, the human race, are the Word made flesh

I don't believe there is a Satan, but if there were, old Sate could have ho greater ally than Fundamentalist religion, Christian or Islam.

Nothing can do the opposite of drawing men together any more than to tell them their God, religion and prophet are Satanic...false. Be honest, doesn't my adverse critiques of religion piss you off? Sure it does. Probably makes you want to punch me out. Well, this "pissed off" response is precisely what you create by telling non-Christians that if they don't renounce their Satanic God, religion, Prophet and accept Jesus as their personal savior, they are doomed to burn in Hell.

But the above is the effect. What is the cause? For some unfathomable reason, Orthodox Christianity has managed to convince itself it is superior, special in God's eyes; that this invisible God found them so special that He gave truth to Christianity, and Christianity alone. From the pinnacle of their self created pedestal they make the assumption they have been commissioned by this invisible God to condescendingly bring God's truth to the world, saving the world from an invisible Satan. How glamourous!!

There is nothing at this time in history which is serving as a greater impediment to "Peace on Earth, goodwill towards men" than this belief system of Fundamentalist religion. IT HAS TO BE BROKEN-UP!! Fundamentalist religion is not the solution. IT IS THE PROBLEM!! I like to quote former president Eisenhower who said, "If governments would get out of the way, the people of Earth would get along just fine." He should have included religion.

There is no better way to burst this bubble of ignorance than the realities revealed by a study of Comparative Religion. You say it has nothing to do with relationship to the Word? You could not be more wrong. We are the Word made flesh. Psalm 82.6 says we are Gods. I know your religion disagrees with this scripture, but we agree because we have a working understanding of what it means..

To remove the hatred and resentment caused by Fundamentalist religion IS to improve relationship with each other...Gods.

Humanity is headed towards a one Earth, one humanity collective mindset. No more 'our nation against their nation; our God against their God; our religion against their religion; no more their race and our race...just the human race.

The evolution of the Word towards achieving its goal is inexorable.We can lead, follow, or resist and get ground under.
Very well put, Striver.

Yes it's true, all the major religions of the world inevitably aim for that very goal ... to find the mind of God in order to solve earthly problems amongst human kind.

-Vince

March 5th, 2010, 10:39 pm #10

Which part THAT was!

Maybe the clutch?

-Vince
It's a story I heard many years ago, and have no more details than I offered:-)