soul-searching.. Has Confucius served China well?

soul-searching.. Has Confucius served China well?

Tim
Tim

February 6th, 2012, 5:46 am #1

Has Confucius served China well?

Jump up to 1:20 in the video, and keep watching for a minute, you won't believe your eyes! And watch heartless Chinese in China.

Hit and run in China sparks soul-searching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1UgTZOTjHg

I never imagined people to so damn cruel and heartless!
The little boy gets run over by a van, then a little while latter by a truck as passer byres simply ignore the little boy. But he does survive. Is that the way China really is?!?! Apparently so.

Tim
Tim

February 6th, 2012, 5:59 am #2

This guy apartment can translate Chinese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrUuqFVX ... re=related

Tim
Tim

February 6th, 2012, 6:01 am #3

February 6th, 2012, 1:48 pm #4

Has Confucius served China well?

Jump up to 1:20 in the video, and keep watching for a minute, you won't believe your eyes! And watch heartless Chinese in China.

Hit and run in China sparks soul-searching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1UgTZOTjHg

I never imagined people to so damn cruel and heartless!
The little boy gets run over by a van, then a little while latter by a truck as passer byres simply ignore the little boy. But he does survive. Is that the way China really is?!?! Apparently so.
Sad story.

I don't blame Confucius. But there seems to be some problem with "authorities" in China. Not much different here with tasering and police assaults.

Tim
Tim

February 7th, 2012, 9:07 am #5

Authorities? No, this is the general public, probably the kids own neighborhood.

February 7th, 2012, 3:02 pm #6

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... t-and-run/

The "Nanjing judge" refers to an infamous 2006 incident where a young man named Peng Yu went to the aid of an elderly woman who had fallen down on the street in the eastern city of Nanjing. At the woman's request, Peng helped take her to the hospital only to have the woman turn around and accuse him for being the person who knocked her down. A Nanjing judge then ruled that "common sense" suggested that Peng only took the woman to the hospital because he was guilty and ordered him to pay her medical expenses.

The story was picked up by the Chinese media and quickly became a cautionary tale for many Chinese: no good deed goes unpunished.

In 2009 it was reported that an elderly man, also in Nanjing, fell while getting off a bus. Usually this wouldn't be news except for the fact that he was only helped up by onlookers after he himself bore responsibility and announced to them that he had fallen on his own.

As news of the hit-and-run spread across the web, another Sina Weibo user "Rushing Forward" wrote, "It can only be said that the [woman who help YueYue] doesn't read news on the internet."

The China Daily reported that in September the Ministry of Health went as far as to issue guidelines on how to help elderly individuals who had fallen down. "Don't rush to lend a hand to the elderly after seeing them fall over. It should be handled by different measures in different situations," the ministry warned This includes determining person's physical condition, determining the cause of the accident, and making a plan for rescue workers all before deciding to lend a hand.

Tim
Tim

February 7th, 2012, 10:30 pm #7

I see, that is a problem. Thanks I didn't realize that Mondo.

Pretty weird when you can't help your neighbor without financial or legal repercussions. I know that can happen here but its pretty unheard of.

I know I have to be pretty careful with my equipment causing injury to someone or property damage. And especially when I hire help for some jobs. My insurance guy gave me some good education about hiring help last fall.

When hiring help, if anything goes wrong and I don't have coverage on my help the insurance companies sue one another and the guy left holding the bag is the business owner, and ends up loosing everything.

This world is monopolized for the giants to grow and the little guys to fade away.