So, let me ask you....

So, let me ask you....

Tim
Tim

April 13th, 2011, 2:40 am #1

We have about 7 people here with 7 different beliefs.

Which one is closest to being right?

And why?

Thanks.

April 13th, 2011, 3:09 am #2

Maybe they are all right. God is infinite, enough to encompass all our beliefs and still not even begin to touch on what God is.

Only God knows who is closest. But is what we believe about God really that important? How about how we treat one another?

Tim
Tim

April 13th, 2011, 4:26 am #3

But is what we believe about God really that important? No, there's billions of souls, and some are just temporary.

How about how we treat one another? Yes that matters. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Are we to love those who constantly deny God exists?

Not to mention His Son my Savior.

April 13th, 2011, 6:19 am #4

Gee, Santa is my savior and NO ONE believes it either. If I was to let their disbelief create a barrier, I'd have no friends, period.

-Vince

April 13th, 2011, 6:53 am #5

What we do
What we say
How we think
How we create
Do we smile enough?
Are we a hindurance to humanity or a help?
Are we allowing people dignity?
Are we compassionate and loving and caring?
Are we burying our heads?
Are we trying to do the best we can and then maybe even more some!

Of course, you already know this.

Labels are SO crazee!!

F**k 'em, I say!

The Observer: It's the rules. Of the people, by the people, for the people.
Number Six: It takes on a new meaning.
The Observer: You're a wicked man.
Number Six: Wicked?
The Observer: You have no values.
Number Six: Different values.
The Observer: You won't be helped.
Number Six: Destroyed.
The Observer: You want to spoil things.
Number Six: I won't be a goldfish in a bowl.

Love
Jackie

April 13th, 2011, 7:03 am #6

Maybe they are all right. God is infinite, enough to encompass all our beliefs and still not even begin to touch on what God is.

Only God knows who is closest. But is what we believe about God really that important? How about how we treat one another?
"How about how we treat one another?"

What a complication some make of a simple, eh?

Luv
Sis...

"I feel that we should stop wasting our time trying to please the supernatural and concentrate on improving the welfare of human beings. I think that, uh, we should use our energy and our initiative to solve our problems, and stop relying on prayer and wishful thinking. If we have faith in ourselves, we won't have to have faith in gods."
Ruth Hurmence Green

Seoc Colla
Seoc Colla

April 13th, 2011, 9:57 am #7

Exactly, Mondo. The focus in this type of discussion becomes enmeshed in doctrinal trivia and adds nothing to understanding, but merely keeps people apart.
What if the points are all right?
What if they're all wrong?
So what?
Each hour we map out our spiritual future by the thoughts we entertain, the actions we carry out, the motives behind these and our underlying intentions. We build both our personal and spiritual characters in this way. Indeed they are the very same.

These add up to give everyone an up to the minute reference point of spiritual status.
We cannot become any other kind of creature upon physical death other than what we have earned for ourself by daily living and any religion that dangles a magic formula to 'heaven' (which is within in any case) does not even understand basic Life.
Such matters are always entirely in your own hands and solely in your own powers.
You want Heaven? Then go and earn it! Bloody simple.

April 13th, 2011, 1:31 pm #8

Luv
Sis...

"I feel that we should stop wasting our time trying to please the supernatural and concentrate on improving the welfare of human beings. I think that, uh, we should use our energy and our initiative to solve our problems, and stop relying on prayer and wishful thinking. If we have faith in ourselves, we won't have to have faith in gods."
Ruth Hurmence Green

tollerance is not good when one tollerates the ego of this world which helps to keep the soul of mankind hostage:

the world loves its own says the Bible and so true it is:

egos love one another as long as they can hate somebody

this board the scapegoat are Christians but it doesn't matter......if there were no Christians, the ego would turn against other egos very quickly because it has to hate something or someone

nation against nation

ethnos against ethnos

ego against ego

but it hides the bottom line

ego against SOUL......where we are ALL ONE.....

egoistically we are only one in the sense that we all feel entitled .......

we are not one egoistially in that we really care about the suffering of others, just that we get to kvetch that somone else is making them suffer

the ego never see's its own part in keeping the suffering going

when the soul finally RISES above the ego, it will see it for what it is

tollerance will fly out the window for this enemy of the soul

true love will replace tollerance but true love is towards the SOUL lost in the ego

not for the ego that wants to KEEP it prisoner

every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

April 13th, 2011, 1:40 pm #9

Luv
Sis...

Ruth Hurmence Green

Seems all doctrines are of devils, and used by devils to attack.

What's so funny about peace love and understanding?

April 13th, 2011, 1:42 pm #10

Exactly, Mondo. The focus in this type of discussion becomes enmeshed in doctrinal trivia and adds nothing to understanding, but merely keeps people apart.
What if the points are all right?
What if they're all wrong?
So what?
Each hour we map out our spiritual future by the thoughts we entertain, the actions we carry out, the motives behind these and our underlying intentions. We build both our personal and spiritual characters in this way. Indeed they are the very same.

These add up to give everyone an up to the minute reference point of spiritual status.
We cannot become any other kind of creature upon physical death other than what we have earned for ourself by daily living and any religion that dangles a magic formula to 'heaven' (which is within in any case) does not even understand basic Life.
Such matters are always entirely in your own hands and solely in your own powers.
You want Heaven? Then go and earn it! Bloody simple.
Great post Seoc, nothing much to add other than, you've hit on it. The religions that peddle this snake oil, this magic formula, incantation: "Ask Jesus into your heart .. and you will live eternally. You can continue to be an asshole like you are now, but just ask .. Jesus."

Not withstanding the fact that it isn't Biblical.