Scientific Evidence For The Existence of The Immortal Soul

Scientific Evidence For The Existence of The Immortal Soul

June 4th, 2010, 8:37 pm #1

June 4th, 2010, 8:44 pm #2

Basically saying that the soul is not the body, but never identifying what the soul is.

There is no scientific evidence presented in the article. Much of is is simply an attack on "physicalism". And really, I am not a materialist either.

But there is no scientific evidence. You believe by faith that there is a non-physical part of you, which you call the soul, which is immortal, and which has the same consciousness you now possess.

I believe something similar.

June 4th, 2010, 8:52 pm #3

Then the argument can be made that there is indeed scientific evidence for the existence of the immortal soul, but for the skeptic, no amount of evidence will ever be enough, because the skeptic by nature refuses to believe regardless of the evidence set before him.

Pastor Jack Howell

June 4th, 2010, 8:55 pm #4

Which I tend to see some validity in.

Although, this is an avenue of inquiry to which we probably will never have enough proof to convince those that don't already believe.

Is skeptic the proper term? Perhaps!

Phred
Phred

June 4th, 2010, 9:15 pm #5

Then the argument can be made that there is indeed scientific evidence for the existence of the immortal soul, but for the skeptic, no amount of evidence will ever be enough, because the skeptic by nature refuses to believe regardless of the evidence set before him.

Pastor Jack Howell
No scientific evidence was presented Jack. I'm sorry. The "soul" is something you believe in, not something that can be proven.

June 4th, 2010, 9:21 pm #6

I don't want to get in between your argument with Jack. I am his anathema, which is turning out to be quite peaceful and enjoyable... A God send, even.

BUT... James Brown is the Godfather of soul... And since it's not possible to be the Godfather of something that doesn't exist, then it is quite clear that souls are real simple because of James Brown!

I feel good... Hit me now!

Phred
Phred

June 4th, 2010, 9:22 pm #7

Whooooooooo!

June 4th, 2010, 9:23 pm #8

No scientific evidence was presented Jack. I'm sorry. The "soul" is something you believe in, not something that can be proven.
But that is nothing new.

Pastor Jack Howell

June 4th, 2010, 9:25 pm #9

I don't want to get in between your argument with Jack. I am his anathema, which is turning out to be quite peaceful and enjoyable... A God send, even.

BUT... James Brown is the Godfather of soul... And since it's not possible to be the Godfather of something that doesn't exist, then it is quite clear that souls are real simple because of James Brown!

I feel good... Hit me now!

Kinda like trying to put a fire out with a noodle.

-Vince

Phred
Phred

June 4th, 2010, 9:26 pm #10

But that is nothing new.

Pastor Jack Howell
No scientific evidence was presented Jack. Just an argument.

Now admit I'm right and go find some real evidence or shut the hell up.