Richard Dawkins Cowers Away From Dr. William Lane Craig

Richard Dawkins Cowers Away From Dr. William Lane Craig

July 20th, 2010, 11:59 am #1

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pastor Jack Howell

July 20th, 2010, 12:24 pm #2

I suspect that might have been at New Zealand this year just before the largest ever atheist conference in Australia. But look!! AC Grayling next to Professor Richard Dawkins, and some arch bishops and a crowd of people.

But who is this Bill Craig, never heard of him. Dawkins is busy, and he is also dedicated to a worthwhile agenda.

Let me put it to you in terms you'll understand. Dawkins is as big as it gets, everyone wants to talk to him, debate him, even light weight creationists.

Your guy is a nobody looking for the oxygen of some recognition. He doesnt need to beat Dawkins (he knows he wont anyway) , just to get in his ring for awhile would make this guys year.

Dawkins of course knows this and keeps away from the lightweights you like, he's not out to do them any cheap favours after all.

Maybe your guy should try to rise to the top of his division before he tries to challenge his betters.

You wont ever hear of this guy outside your circles, there are heaps of creationist names, but this guy isnt one of them.

Also, Dawkins wouldnt want to give any sense that these guys deserve the recognition of being worthy opponents either.

yep, ignore them, let them make their name first in the minor leagues before they get to talk to the real players.

I've also heard many people point out, "these creations are a lunatic rabble", they insist that ":intelligent design" should be debated along side natural selection as if it was a worthy theory. bullshit. thats what brought FSMism around. ID isnt the only theory, it isnt even really a theory at all. Let people debate evolution and FSMism instead.

Idiots dont have a right to demand that they be heard or even respected. If they are loonies and have lonnatic ideas, blow them, they dont deserve a right to be heard. To much noise clogs the airwaves.

You guys made your appeal to the science community, they rejected your application.

I guess Bill Craig will just have to go back to his apartment and cool his heals. Everyone wants to hear Dawkins, no one knows Craig.

He's a loser already. I notice the video clipped Dawkins answer and patched another, typical theist trick.

Dawkins probably said "who the hell are you talking about... next question please...."

Blasphemy is a victimless crime

WINGNUTS - people on the lunatic fringe of politics - are winning in America.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzq0p ... o1_500.jpg

Zombie Jesus who sort of came back from the dead...

<i>Away in a graveyard, a stone overhead
The zombie lord Jesus is raised from the dead
The bones and the corpses are at his command
And rise like their master to swarm o'er the land!
The women are screaming, then running away
Poor Mary and Martha are gnawed where they lay
I fear thee, lord Jesus, your curséd undeath
With worms in your bowels and rot on your breath.
Have mercy, lord Jesus, don't eat me today
Next year I'll be bigger, I promise! I pray
Some shaman or rabbi or priestess or such
Will stake you and save us from your deadly touch.</i>

I know Bible literalists apologists have their explanations, but they are ultimately just <b><i>band aids over bull sh!t.</b></i>

Biblical Pitfalls .http://www.network54.com/Forum/660399/

July 20th, 2010, 12:31 pm #3

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/site/PageServer
http://www.talbot.edu/faculty/profile/william_craig/

Dr. Craig is a REAL university teacher, unlike you, phony!

Pastor Jack Howell
Last edited by RevJack2006 on July 20th, 2010, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Striver
Striver

July 20th, 2010, 12:33 pm #4

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pastor Jack Howell
What you are so desperately trying to hold on to is like trying to hold on to a block of ice in Death Valley in July. Your crystallised mindset isn't "melting" because of a Devil. It is melting under the heat of ever-growing knowledge.

July 20th, 2010, 12:35 pm #5

You, as always don't have a clue.

Pastor Jack Howell

July 20th, 2010, 12:41 pm #6

He already has a life! Do you want a double helping of Striver? JB

July 20th, 2010, 1:21 pm #7

Pastor Jack Howell
This is a 12 parter. A little less hyperbole than Jack's link. Just straight up debate.

Great stuff. WLC is about the best fundy apologist, next to Alvin Plantinga I suppose, and well, let the record speak for itself:

Striver
Striver

July 20th, 2010, 1:58 pm #8

You, as always don't have a clue.

Pastor Jack Howell
Remember, Striver, what you posted the other day. Harmlessness, harmlessness, harmlessness, harmlessness.

Now is a perfect time to practice what you preach.

Remember what you keep posting, Striver...there is no wrong plance for mind to be on its evolutionary path?

Now is a perfect time to practice what you preach.

Shut up, Striver. Don't reply. Let it go!

No Striver, don't post what you're thinking.

LET IT GO!!

July 20th, 2010, 4:35 pm #9

This is a 12 parter. A little less hyperbole than Jack's link. Just straight up debate.

Great stuff. WLC is about the best fundy apologist, next to Alvin Plantinga I suppose, and well, let the record speak for itself:

in my opinion the resurrection of Jesus should never be up for a HISTORICAL DEBATE as proof of him being the 'resurrection and life' of the SOUL:

I perceive that the proof of resurrection historically undermines the "REALITY" of this resurrection within HIS SOUL, his BODY, which is the CHURCH:

THE CHURCH is the SINGLE MOST BIGGEST EVIDENCE that Jesus Christ is resurrected since the Church LIVES BECAUSE HE LIVES

now some may ask, what do you mean the CHURCH LIVES? Would the most ardent athiest really ask for proof of that statement?

The Bible itself speaks of the PROOF of the resurrection as an "INDIVIDUAL" phenomina that one must be ORDAINED to be a "WITNESS" (seeing JESUS) of:

Act 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, (((must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection)))).

nobody can just go around saying that Jesus rose from the dead without this ORDINATION, but if they do, be prepared for ridicule since it can NOT be proven without a shadow of doubt.

about her brother Lazerus (helped of God) Martha cries..

Jhn 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Jhn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, (((I am the resurrection, and the life)))): he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Jesus doesn't say that HE WILL RISE, but that he IS THE RESURRECTION AND LIFE of tose who believe in him...

since Jesus Christ HIMSELF is that resurrection, it is only EVIDENT by the ONE WHO NOW LIVES, even though he was dead before:

since nobody knows that they are dead till they are resurrected from the dead, it becomes self evident that only the RESURRECTED ONE can speak of it as a witness:

Act 4:33 And with great power gave the (((apostles witness of the resurrection))) of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

as for belief in the resurrection, same thing happened in the beginning as NOW

Act 17:32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this [matter].

now here is a question for everyone, Christian and non Christian

first off.....

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

and here is the question...

1Cr 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

what is Paul saying?

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

ME: so first, we have to be planted together in the likeness of his death in order to be also of his resurrection

if one has not died with Christ, they can't really become eye witnesses of his resurrection:

1Cr 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1Cr 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1Cr 15:21 For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

Col 3:1 ¶ If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Col 3:4 When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

and....

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1Cr 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept.

SO CHRIST BECOMES THE FIRST FRUITS of those who slept (in the first Adam): Without this first fruits, there is no WITNESS OF THE RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ:

1Cr 15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

no Christ in us, no hope of glory

yet it is written, JESUS CHRIST BRINGS MANY SONS to glory

in due time every eye shall see
and every TONGUE SHALL CONFESS Jesus Christ to the glory of the FATHER

and every knee shall BOW in his name

it aint over till its over

so, till its over, nobody can say for sure that there is NO RESURRECTION of the dead

when its all over and you haven't been resurrected, then you alone can give us that witness:
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

July 20th, 2010, 5:11 pm #10

William Lane Craig THOROUGHLY mopped the floor ... with himself ..... with hardly any need for Ehrman to be there, except to comment on the fiasco. I think Ehrman came away from that feeling a bit sick because it was such a pitiful performance from Craig.

Dawkins probably watched it and shook his head, feeling sorry for the entire thing and made a note to himself NEVER to get involved with that guy.

It's like if you're a musician and someone comes up to you asking if they can play your instrument. They manage to put on a good enough act that you believe they CAN play. Then they take your instrument and sit there and churn out nothing but NOISE! You DON'T want to hurt the person's feelings but at the same time you somehow have to put an end to it because it's driving everyone crazy. You're mad at yourself for having permitted the fiasco in the first place. You learn from that: never again!

-Vince