question

question

lox
lox

June 3rd, 2010, 8:06 pm #1

Why does the soul have to be saved before the ego is destroyed? Why can't the ego be destroyed regardless?

My answer is that it wont survive: the soul!

Can you add to that?

June 3rd, 2010, 11:35 pm #2

It's allegorical confusion. None of it can be substantiated. It should thrown in the garbage.

"If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose RIGHTEOUSNESS"." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

June 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm #3

Why does the soul have to be saved before the ego is destroyed? Why can't the ego be destroyed regardless?

My answer is that it wont survive: the soul!

Can you add to that?
then the soul or body GOD is preparing for himself is the vessel of honour, for it is written that God made out of ONE LUMP (person) two vessels

and I discern these to be the ego and soul: One is for destruction and one is for becoming the "BODY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST" his Church:

Psa 144:4 Man is like to vanity: his days [are] as a shadow that passeth away.

Ecc 12:8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all [is] vanity.

Isa 40:17 All nations before him [are] as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

Isa 40:23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

Jer 10:14 Every man is brutish in [his] knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image [is] falsehood, and [there is] no breath in them.

Jer 10:15 They [are] vanity, [and] the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

ME: So thats the end result of the first vessel, the ego or vessel of vanity:

but the soul or Israel is what GOD FORMS out of the first vessel to make the second one in us.....look....

Jer 10:16 The portion of Jacob [is] not like them: for he [is] the former of all [things]; and Israel [is] the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts [is] his name.

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,

Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.

Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

in the NEW Testament the word gentile or nations means animal soul or the vessel of vanity, while Israel is the soul or vessel made for honor:

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of ((((the same lump)))) to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

1Th 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.

1Pe 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

now the word dishonour used for that vessel, is used here as well as other verses...

Jhn 8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

dishonour - atimazo - insult, treat with contempt, suffer shame, despise:

our soul is saved by the "NEW SPIRIT" within us, that BINDS to CHRIST in us, while the ego can NOT KNOW OR BIND TO CHRIST.....

hence it can speak of him but NEVER KNOW HIM

when the person or LUMP speaks of believing in Jesus, it isn't the ego that makes this confession, but the beginning of the soul, hence God authors our faith in the soul and not the ego

the ego is enmity with God and can NOT RECEIVE The things of God, so it can't be saved

if all that a person/LUMP has is an ego then he can NOT RECEIVE Jesus Christ

only the soul is able to recognize the CHRIST and believe in him and this is why GOD IS ABLE TO SAVE THE SOUL even as he destroys the ego at due time:

and after that, God finishes off the egos master, the serpent or devil, the crooked "WILL" that makes the seed of the serpent or ego:

did I answer that?

if not....let me know
Last edited by Harpazo on June 3rd, 2010, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

June 4th, 2010, 12:28 am #4

let's look again at the POTTER (God) who forms out of ONE LUMP (person) two vessels

how does he rid us of the ego, the vessel of dishonour, our carnal mind?

Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

a little more of Psalm 2

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give [thee] the heathen [for] thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth [for] thy possession.

Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psa 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [from] the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in him.

the candlestick or church of THYRATIRA (odor of affliction) we read

Rev 2:18 ¶ And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet [are] like fine brass;

Rev 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last [to be] more than the first.

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

ME: that woman is the carnal mind: She sacrifices things to idols, to the false image she has of God: Here there these Christians have works of charity (love)and service, and faith, and patience and their works are better than they were at first....but they are told..

Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

ME: I spoke about this fornication which is done by the soul AGAINST ONES BODY (other souls) even though other sins are only done to ones self or ego, remember?

Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Rev 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

ME: these have already known the depths of Satan; they understand the difference between the "seed of the serepent" or the carnal mind/ego and the seed of the woman/SOUL which is CHRIST:

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have [already] hold fast till I come.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Rev 2:28 And I will give him the morning star.

Rev 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

ME: being able to have the vessel of vanity broken by the POTTER is a real gift because now there is no more confusion between the soul and ego since it is smashed:

Job is sitting with the CHARDS of his ego/carnal mind all around him when we meet him.....because he was already in his ELDER BROTHERS HOUSE....Christ

only after the carnal mind or ego is done away with does SATAN get to SIFT THE SOUL.....just as we see with PETER who already KNEW that Jesus was the CHRIST....

but he didn't yet "know the Man"

only after our sifting from Satan do we understand the MEANING OF MAN in Gods image and likeness, not before

PS.....the chards of the ego or broken shivers of the ego hold the "light" that broke it and this light is trappeed, this light is the desire for God that is scattered when the Shepherd is stricken, the SHEEP that Jesus Christ looks for and finds, all 100 fold desires to bring them into the sheepfold, into the SOUL OF GOD:

Last edited by Harpazo on June 4th, 2010, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 4th, 2010, 12:29 am #5

then the soul or body GOD is preparing for himself is the vessel of honour, for it is written that God made out of ONE LUMP (person) two vessels

and I discern these to be the ego and soul: One is for destruction and one is for becoming the "BODY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST" his Church:

Psa 144:4 Man is like to vanity: his days [are] as a shadow that passeth away.

Ecc 12:8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all [is] vanity.

Isa 40:17 All nations before him [are] as nothing; and they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.

Isa 40:23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

Jer 10:14 Every man is brutish in [his] knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image [is] falsehood, and [there is] no breath in them.

Jer 10:15 They [are] vanity, [and] the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

ME: So thats the end result of the first vessel, the ego or vessel of vanity:

but the soul or Israel is what GOD FORMS out of the first vessel to make the second one in us.....look....

Jer 10:16 The portion of Jacob [is] not like them: for he [is] the former of all [things]; and Israel [is] the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts [is] his name.

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,

Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.

Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

in the NEW Testament the word gentile or nations means animal soul or the vessel of vanity, while Israel is the soul or vessel made for honor:

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of ((((the same lump)))) to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

1Th 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.

1Pe 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

now the word dishonour used for that vessel, is used here as well as other verses...

Jhn 8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

dishonour - atimazo - insult, treat with contempt, suffer shame, despise:

our soul is saved by the "NEW SPIRIT" within us, that BINDS to CHRIST in us, while the ego can NOT KNOW OR BIND TO CHRIST.....

hence it can speak of him but NEVER KNOW HIM

when the person or LUMP speaks of believing in Jesus, it isn't the ego that makes this confession, but the beginning of the soul, hence God authors our faith in the soul and not the ego

the ego is enmity with God and can NOT RECEIVE The things of God, so it can't be saved

if all that a person/LUMP has is an ego then he can NOT RECEIVE Jesus Christ

only the soul is able to recognize the CHRIST and believe in him and this is why GOD IS ABLE TO SAVE THE SOUL even as he destroys the ego at due time:

and after that, God finishes off the egos master, the serpent or devil, the crooked "WILL" that makes the seed of the serpent or ego:

did I answer that?

if not....let me know
...the ego is the vessel of vanity. It is NOT the EGO that is the vessel of vanity but rather is the ego controlled by SELF that is the vessel of vanity. You continue to ignore differentiating between the two because even if Christ is in control of your being you STILL HAVE EGO because EGO is what makes you YOU. It's NOT that the ego in itself is bad, it's what controls the ego that can make it bad.

ego [i¢°g g]
n pl egos
1. the self of an individual person; the conscious subject
2. (Psychoanalysis) Psychoanal the conscious mind, based on perception of the environment from birth onwards: responsible for modifying the antisocial instincts of the id and itself modified by the conscience (superego)
3. one's image of oneself; morale to boost one's ego
4. egotism; conceit

"If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose RIGHTEOUSNESS"." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

June 4th, 2010, 12:34 am #6

what you call tomato I call TOMATO.....

whatever you need to perceive to understand THE WORD in the way it benefits YOU

im just giving my testimony, witness of Jesus

why don't you try sticking to yours and let the people decide for themselves who is wrong or right, and they may not decide either of us has what they want or understand or care...

your constant need to destroy the witness of another is YOUR EGO, or SELF, matters not to me what you want to call it

June 4th, 2010, 12:43 am #7

the word "I" in Greek is EGO, look

for many shall come in my name saying "I-ego AM-eimi" CHRIST and shall deceive many

For g1063 gar
many g4183 polys
shall come g2064 erchomai
in g1909 epi
my g3450 mou
name, g3686 onoma
saying, g3004 leg
I g1473 eg
am g1510 eimi
Christ; g5547 Christos
and g2532 kai
shall deceive g4105 plana
many. g4183 polys

so is Jesus saying many will say the ego is Christ and deceive many

the ego is never Christ

even if it does come in JESUS NAME

yet the Kings (WILL) can be anointed (Christ) but not the ego

and so can the soul (Israel) be anointed

Psa 105:15 [Saying], Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Zec 4:14 Then said he, These [are] the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

2Cr 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, [is] God;

God makes us a ROYAL (will-King) Priesthood (giving up ones desire to God):

but not our ego

Hbr 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, [even] thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

JB
JB

June 4th, 2010, 1:12 am #8

...the ego is the vessel of vanity. It is NOT the EGO that is the vessel of vanity but rather is the ego controlled by SELF that is the vessel of vanity. You continue to ignore differentiating between the two because even if Christ is in control of your being you STILL HAVE EGO because EGO is what makes you YOU. It's NOT that the ego in itself is bad, it's what controls the ego that can make it bad.

ego [i¢°g g]
n pl egos
1. the self of an individual person; the conscious subject
2. (Psychoanalysis) Psychoanal the conscious mind, based on perception of the environment from birth onwards: responsible for modifying the antisocial instincts of the id and itself modified by the conscience (superego)
3. one's image of oneself; morale to boost one's ego
4. egotism; conceit

You said: "It is NOT the EGO that is the vessel of vanity but rather is the ego controlled by SELF that is the vessel of vanity."

Explain how EGO and self are NOT one and the same thing? JB

June 4th, 2010, 1:15 am #9

what you call tomato I call TOMATO.....

whatever you need to perceive to understand THE WORD in the way it benefits YOU

im just giving my testimony, witness of Jesus

why don't you try sticking to yours and let the people decide for themselves who is wrong or right, and they may not decide either of us has what they want or understand or care...

your constant need to destroy the witness of another is YOUR EGO, or SELF, matters not to me what you want to call it

Self is YOU. It doesn't mean that self needs to be selfish. You can do a godly deed because of the good in self or UNSELFISH. You can ALSO do a deed that is in vain which would make it SELFISH. That does not make EGO ALL VANITY

lox
lox

June 4th, 2010, 2:08 am #10

You said: "It is NOT the EGO that is the vessel of vanity but rather is the ego controlled by SELF that is the vessel of vanity."

Explain how EGO and self are NOT one and the same thing? JB
These latest posts are helping me to understand and placing light to words that i did not grasp before. Great insight into myself and helping see how the battle rages within while God works in us. Very instructional to me! I will read these and see what comes up from these latest posts. Thanks mucho!