Prosperity Gospel

Prosperity Gospel

November 12th, 2010, 3:11 am #1

Reading at another forum, where I am unable to post unmoderated .. so I don't post there. But regarding the prosperity gospel, reading some Christians saying "God doesn't want us to be poor."

Well. I dunno.
Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Matthew 19:21
A parable? Jesus was joking?

I don't know. Certainly I couldn't do that. Well, especially now, since .. Jesus is not with us physically, not sure how I could "follow" or what that would mean.

November 12th, 2010, 4:25 am #2

the reality imv, is if one does a topical word study on 'rich' in the new testiment....one gets even a clearer view of what jesus was trying to tell those he ministered to who had 'riches'....

and basically it comes down to the idea of not being able to serve 2 masters....and truly....what rich person doesn't worship...what he has....?

the love of money is the root of all evil.....says it all.

Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Tim
Tim

November 12th, 2010, 5:14 am #3

You must capitalize in some way.
Weather is with a keyboard, or a stump grinder, or selling elk hides from the tundra!

But to capitalize to get rich is another story.
The rich man abuses capitalism because of greed. Legally taking that which should go to others, like the consumers or the workers or others.

Matthew19:24
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Still, its easier for a camel to got through the eye of a needle.
Will the camel make it through running at fuel speed? Will GOD allow a rich man into heaven? Hmmm all depends on the judgment GOD gives on that man.

November 12th, 2010, 6:09 am #4

There is nothing at all wrong if having loads of dosh. There is, after all, nothing evil about money, just the way we think of it or use it.

We all try and give a fair, suitable proportion of what we can, when we can, we should hopefully not make money our ruler.

This is incredibly difficult though as we are viewed by the Dark Ones as very little more than consumer units to be manipulated. BUT, it still can be done, We can live very well with just the basics.

I really have the basics materially, so I am sure I could give it all up, once the children ahve started their own paths (), and go join some like minded folk and live well away from it all. (And hopefully, no more TV so huuby cannot watch darned American Football! )

Did you read that article the other day I gave a ref. to Mondo? Anyway, the guy was talking about enlightnment, with a capital E, and I agreed with what he said. The folks that seemed to have achieved this all gave up their past life, family, home and bunked it, so to speak. How mnay of us could or want to do that?

Comes back to the Buddha and no attachments.

Yet, this is a physical experience. So we somehow have to get IT just so right.

""No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

I surely agree with this. But of course the problem is not with money itself, it is your frame of mind about money. To Know Youself, to be the best you can, money can be enjoyed, even plentiful, but to know how to enjoy without it is a neat lesson to have learned.

Love
Jackie

Tim
Tim

November 12th, 2010, 7:47 am #5

That's an insightful way to look at it Jackie.

""""There is nothing at all wrong if having loads of dosh. There is, after all, nothing evil about money, just the way we think of it or use it.""""

I would say how it was gotten and not how its used.
How it is used is secondary, how it was gotten is where evil greed plays in.
""""Did you read that article the other day I gave a ref. to Mondo? Anyway, the guy was talking about enlightnment, with a capital E, and I agreed with what he said. The folks that seemed to have achieved this all gave up their past life, family, home and bunked it, so to speak. How mnay of us could or want to do that?
Comes back to the Buddha and no attachments.
yet, this is a physical experience. So we somehow have to get IT just so right.""""

No I didn't see the article.

We also have the basics, with debt.
Overall if we sold everything we might have $10,000 in cash. And be homeless.

enlightenment, with a capital E? Through Buddha?

"""" No one can serve two masters.... I surely agree with this. But of course the problem is not with money itself, it is your frame of mind about money. To Know Youself, to be the best you can, money can be enjoyed, even plentiful, but to know how to enjoy without it is a neat lesson to have learned.""""

The Bible says the "ROOT" of evil is the LOVE of money.

Key word ROOT, brings a new investigation.
Fallow the money trail and you will find the ROOT of evil in this world.
Rothschild, Greenspan, todays USA Government, all the corrupt forces in power.

They want ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT, why? The money flow....

Do they care if the kid down the street has no shoes or food? NO!

They want the money, because they are FOOLS and greedy and power mongers.

And this is only the beginnings of what is to come.

What will come is you will not be able to buy bread or milk without proper ID.
And when that happens Jackie, you ether conform and are condemned with the world or live as a vagabond by faith and your preparations.

Love ya Jackie
Prepare for what is to come!

November 12th, 2010, 8:40 am #6

I am very pleasantly surprised!

"What will come is you will not be able to buy bread or milk without proper ID."

Oh yes, I can see that time. Indeed I can. Very Dark Moments in the Final Throes orchestrated by the Dark Ones.

But you know,I see LIGHT at the end of this tunnel.

Tim, I have both kiddies home sick today. Very unusual. So I need to cut forum time a bit short today.
Maybe we can pick up on this again later.
Also I will find that article about enlightenment and post it for you, if you want to read it.

I quite liked it.

Take care, have a lovely night / day / evening /Now!

Love
Jackie