Oh, the Horns of this Dilemma...!

Oh, the Horns of this Dilemma...!

August 5th, 2010, 12:22 pm #1

Christopher Hitchins has cancer.
-- Will Christians pray for his recovery...?

-PRev1-

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

Striver
Striver

August 5th, 2010, 1:04 pm #2

Good question. They'll say he is in God's hands. Don't make these people think. If you do, they'll run for cover. Look what's happened on the Jesus Always board and on this one. If they can't stand the heat, they get out of the kitchen!

August 5th, 2010, 1:13 pm #3

-PRev1-

I pray for the "soul" of every person because the quicker their souls are saved, cross over to the 'other side' or reality, the quicker we are all saved since we are all ONE SOUL:

now, the questions is, does this man have a soul? The answer is yes: He has an animal soul like we all start out with: However, the divine soul that is required to save the animal soul is a unique attribute that is revealed only by bringing forth Christ, the first fruits of every creature, (new creation):

it takes two souls to become "MAN", a complete value in the universe:

an animal soul is like all animal souls in that they move from body to body till they are experienced enough to RECEIVE a higher mind than the intellect of the animal soul called "persons":

the higher soul that brings forth Christ is the "body" of another type of being, so an atheist obviously has not experienced this EVENT of bringing forth a DIFFERENT MIND (seed after its own kind):

Christians can pray for his recovery but that doesn't mean he will be ready to receive a different "mind" than the one all persons have before they give birth to this DESIRE ....

only a certain disillusionment with this "world" will enable an animal soul to be ready to RECEIVE a higher dimension of reality:

just like a person needs a certain amount of disastisfaction before he is ready to experience another level of development of his psyche:

watching my children I could see this disatisfaction before they became interested in another interest.....and then there are the HORRORMONES,

for a person to be ready to RECEIVE the "mind of Christ" they also have to be infused with a spiritual type of desire to REPENT, return to the ROOT of their soul: the Bible calls this the "spirit of Elijah" which is given from heaven, from another place within even like hormones seem to come from some place that they weren't experienced before:

all in all, if this man has reached a certain level of disillusionment with the world, he will be ready to receive A higher level of life...God is no respector of persons:

when the apostle Paul reached this level as Saul, he was apprehended by Jesus, and Paul called it the "fullness of time"

and so it is.....the fullness of time in this world, ready to enter another world in experience
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

August 5th, 2010, 1:50 pm #4

-PRev1-

I can't answer for "Christians" as a group because many don't consider me one of them. I am a follower of Christ, though.

I know it sounds trite, but if anyone thinks this man isn't worthy of prayer, or deserves to suffer, then they seriously need to ask themselves, "What would Jesus do?"

Cancer is horrible. I lost my father when I was 5, both of his parents before that, my only uncle, my foster father, my father-in-law, my sister -- all to cancer (most of them lung cancer from smoking). And right now, my mother has colon cancer. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

Depending on the cancer, how far it's advanced, and the treatment, sometimes you can beat it. I know five women at work who have beaten breast cancer -- at least so far.

If people pray for Christopher Hitchens and he beats the cancer -- he might change his view and believe that God healed him. Likely not. =) But that shouldn't determine whether or not people should pray for him. And I know from experience that you can pray for people to get better, and often they don't. Sometimes it's just their time to go.

Seoc Colla
Seoc Colla

August 5th, 2010, 2:33 pm #5

I pray for the "soul" of every person because the quicker their souls are saved, cross over to the 'other side' or reality, the quicker we are all saved since we are all ONE SOUL:

now, the questions is, does this man have a soul? The answer is yes: He has an animal soul like we all start out with: However, the divine soul that is required to save the animal soul is a unique attribute that is revealed only by bringing forth Christ, the first fruits of every creature, (new creation):

an animal soul is like all animal souls in that they move from body to body till they are experienced enough to RECEIVE a higher mind than the intellect of the animal soul called "persons":

the higher soul that brings forth Christ is the "body" of another type of being, so an atheist obviously has not experienced this EVENT of bringing forth a DIFFERENT MIND (seed after its own kind):

Christians can pray for his recovery but that doesn't mean he will be ready to receive a different "mind" than the one all persons have before they give birth to this DESIRE ....

only a certain disillusionment with this "world" will enable an animal soul to be ready to RECEIVE a higher dimension of reality:

just like a person needs a certain amount of disastisfaction before he is ready to experience another level of development of his psyche:

watching my children I could see this disatisfaction before they became interested in another interest.....and then there are the HORRORMONES,

for a person to be ready to RECEIVE the "mind of Christ" they also have to be infused with a spiritual type of desire to REPENT, return to the ROOT of their soul: the Bible calls this the "spirit of Elijah" which is given from heaven, from another place within even like hormones seem to come from some place that they weren't experienced before:

all in all, if this man has reached a certain level of disillusionment with the world, he will be ready to receive A higher level of life...God is no respector of persons:

when the apostle Paul reached this level as Saul, he was apprehended by Jesus, and Paul called it the "fullness of time"

and so it is.....the fullness of time in this world, ready to enter another world in experience
That assumes that what you term the Christian Mind is superior to every different viewpoint held, regardless of their equally valid experiences.
Can you see the glaring flaw in this argument?

Wont Hitchins and all humans reap as was sown, which makes all the praying pointless? What is wrong with Hitchins views?

Striver
Striver

August 5th, 2010, 3:26 pm #6

We make mistakes, we pay the price and we learn. We don't repent of these mistakes, these obstacels, that is a waste of time. The making our mistakes, our meeting and overcoming of which has brought us to where we are. How can we know what's right without first experiencing the wrong? This is the entire message of the Prodigal Son!

We do not repent. Why should we pay the price for the ineptness of a God? To repent implies an inept God incapable to create that which could not go wrong; who cannot take responsibility for his own ineptness; who, like a spoiled brat having a temper tantrum gets pissed and destroys his creation. Then, in an obvious seige of remorse promises never to do it again.

Creating us with instincts and then setting the rules against them was his idea, not ours.

If his creation isn't working, it is he who created it who should repent... who should apologise for creating and putting us into such a mess.

Getting back to obstacles...............

One of the top five intellects this ball of electricity has produced, said, and I paraphrase:

"In climbing the Mt of Transfiguration, be grateful for the impediments. Consider how difficult it would be to climb a smooth mountain."

We don't repent. We profit, learn, from mistakes.

Well, I'd best shut-up lest Mondo delete my post!!

August 5th, 2010, 3:57 pm #7

(You're a heretic.)

-PRev1-

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

August 5th, 2010, 4:27 pm #8

The prayers of most people involve a request that God will do something for them. But they cannot expect God to do what they want God to do for them if they do not at all times do what God wants them to do, and never do what God does NOT wants them to do.

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

August 5th, 2010, 4:49 pm #9

I can't answer for "Christians" as a group because many don't consider me one of them. I am a follower of Christ, though.

I know it sounds trite, but if anyone thinks this man isn't worthy of prayer, or deserves to suffer, then they seriously need to ask themselves, "What would Jesus do?"

Cancer is horrible. I lost my father when I was 5, both of his parents before that, my only uncle, my foster father, my father-in-law, my sister -- all to cancer (most of them lung cancer from smoking). And right now, my mother has colon cancer. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

Depending on the cancer, how far it's advanced, and the treatment, sometimes you can beat it. I know five women at work who have beaten breast cancer -- at least so far.

If people pray for Christopher Hitchens and he beats the cancer -- he might change his view and believe that God healed him. Likely not. =) But that shouldn't determine whether or not people should pray for him. And I know from experience that you can pray for people to get better, and often they don't. Sometimes it's just their time to go.
According to the beliefs of many, mostly in Asia, we are on a stage, living one of our lives at a time. Then, after many years, the body that carried us will be dead, and after a rest we carry on with another life. Depending on our behavior, maybe, we get to be healthy or sick, as the case may be. Maybe sickness in some or even many, cases could be regarded as punishment by God for what we have been doing wrong.
..... Is it true that physicians/healers interfere, in some or even many cases, with what God is doing and therefore they can be regarded as anti-God?

August 5th, 2010, 5:33 pm #10

The prayers of most people involve a request that God will do something for them. But they cannot expect God to do what they want God to do for them if they do not at all times do what God wants them to do, and never do what God does NOT wants them to do.
The story of Gideon.
And the Fleece...?

<blockquote>Oh Dear Lord...
Show me a SIGN...
-- Let Me WIN the LOTTERY...
AND THEN...
I Will BE Your Devoted Servant...!
-- Promise...
-- Honest Injun.
-- You betcha I will...!
-- fer shur.

Okay...