Much appreciation to the posters of the forum.

Much appreciation to the posters of the forum.

August 30th, 2010, 5:30 am #1

I've spent quite quite a few hours over the past several days researching the history of quite a few things, and it has been rather eye-opening on several levels.

The history of the Bible, the history of the Q'ran, the history of the middle-east (the Arabs, Palestine, and Israel), the history of Britain in the middle-east, and the history of the US foreign policies in the middle-east, et. al. are all full of many things that are not taught in schools or part of the main-stream "propaganda" that is spewed by the political demagogues.

So I thank all those the work to knock-down the barriers of ignorance and open the eyes of those who cannot see and will not look.

August 30th, 2010, 5:48 pm #2

Not entirely sure where (or if) I fit in there...
But, if you're thanking me for something...
Then...
Whatever it was...
-- You're more than welcome.

-PRev1-

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

August 30th, 2010, 6:29 pm #3

Same here. Lend me your ear!

Let those who have ears to hear, hear.

Yes-s, it's not about proving the other person wrong but about getting the other person to think about something they've never thought about much before. I always appreciate it when someone does that to me.

-Vince

August 30th, 2010, 6:43 pm #4

Not entirely sure where (or if) I fit in there...
But, if you're thanking me for something...
Then...
Whatever it was...
-- You're more than welcome.

-PRev1-

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --
Everyone that still posts here, anyway.

It takes a finely honed set of skills to openly & constructively discuss points of disagreement & contention. A set of skills that is hard to find, generally speaking. On the Internet, it seems to be even more of a rarity.

My mind hasn't been changed. That would demonstrate some serious instability, actually. Instead it would be more accurate to state that mind mind has been opened to things it was previously cloased to; to which I am always grateful.

So... Appreciation should be expressed to acknowledge the things at are truly important.

In my little world, anyway.

August 30th, 2010, 6:47 pm #5

Same here. Lend me your ear!

Let those who have ears to hear, hear.

Yes-s, it's not about proving the other person wrong but about getting the other person to think about something they've never thought about much before. I always appreciate it when someone does that to me.

-Vince
What Vince said, too.

Well... Hmmm... Maybe not, then again... Since he's obviously thought of this before there really is no value in pointing it out AGAIN... We need a dissenting opinion, instead.

So... Vince, you're all wrong... Think about it... bwahahahahahaha!

August 30th, 2010, 6:55 pm #6

haven't changed your mind one smidgen?

Hmmm... I think it's time to go to bed.

-Vince

August 30th, 2010, 6:57 pm #7

What Vince said, too.

Well... Hmmm... Maybe not, then again... Since he's obviously thought of this before there really is no value in pointing it out AGAIN... We need a dissenting opinion, instead.

So... Vince, you're all wrong... Think about it... bwahahahahahaha!
So little time.

I know it's a re-run, but:

August 30th, 2010, 6:59 pm #8

Everyone that still posts here, anyway.

It takes a finely honed set of skills to openly & constructively discuss points of disagreement & contention. A set of skills that is hard to find, generally speaking. On the Internet, it seems to be even more of a rarity.

My mind hasn't been changed. That would demonstrate some serious instability, actually. Instead it would be more accurate to state that mind mind has been opened to things it was previously cloased to; to which I am always grateful.

So... Appreciation should be expressed to acknowledge the things at are truly important.

In my little world, anyway.
a bi-polar Christian now.

Your mind has been opened ..

... but it hasn't been changed?

Anything that effects a difference IS a change!!

-Vince

August 30th, 2010, 7:04 pm #9

I'm omni-polar... Because I can.

August 30th, 2010, 8:49 pm #10

polar-bare?

-Vince