Mondo...re Pam....

Mondo...re Pam....

October 18th, 2010, 6:57 pm #1

not saying anything you do not already know....but the oldest ploy on the planet is to get at someone through someone else they care about....not much character there....

pam seems like a wondeful lady and you are very lucky to have her as your wife.

imhv

October 18th, 2010, 7:03 pm #2

Nucc is Satan's little helper.

Thanks for the support.

Bottom line is: Does Nucc act like that with his non-believing family members?

He hasn't answered this time, but in the past I believe he has said "No", he does not get in their faces. Well, he's not less smarter than I thought.

October 18th, 2010, 11:06 pm #3

It is rather shocking to see how frequently and blatantly that particular message is ignored by those who claim to be followers.

October 19th, 2010, 3:38 am #4

Discussions can disintegrate, things can be uttered as the spiral continues.

But these things no longer develop. They are the default positions. Just start calling names, attacking personally. No semblance of discussion. All as representative Christians??

That is the part that I just can't get my head around. That they actually believe that. Or do they?

I mean it all looks personal. Ego driven. To suggest it has anything to do with God is to lie to God ..

Just thinking aloud, not making judgments. Trying to "get it".

October 19th, 2010, 3:54 am #5

It seems to me that some things, not all but some, aren't meant to be "gotten" per se. The thing to "get" is that there are some things that we need to simply accept, with out "getting them". The behaviors, beliefs, and motivations of people (especially certain people) seem to fall into that category.

But what do I know? I'm just another every-day-common-run-of-the-mill-off-the-shelf-hypocrite-demon-inspired-3-year-old-shin-kicking-apostate-backsliding-Christian-non-Christian-fake-Christian-pseudo-Christian-Christian-dumbass-mute-donkey-bastage.

Tim
Tim

October 19th, 2010, 4:24 am #6

This is more twisted than I thought.... Perplexed.

Whats going on is, a man's foes shall be they of his own household..

Matthew10:34
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

WOW, thanks for making me think.
Bro Tim

October 19th, 2010, 4:10 pm #7

It seems to me that some things, not all but some, aren't meant to be "gotten" per se. The thing to "get" is that there are some things that we need to simply accept, with out "getting them". The behaviors, beliefs, and motivations of people (especially certain people) seem to fall into that category.

But what do I know? I'm just another every-day-common-run-of-the-mill-off-the-shelf-hypocrite-demon-inspired-3-year-old-shin-kicking-apostate-backsliding-Christian-non-Christian-fake-Christian-pseudo-Christian-Christian-dumbass-mute-donkey-bastage.
We Deny Part of Ourselves

There is a world of anguish within us of which we are afraid, and which we therefore refuse to look at. We cannot accept the pain, weaknesses, fears and guilt that are hidden there. We deny the existence of a certain part of ourselves, the part where we have been wounded and where we remain fragile and weak. The same impulse that makes us ignore the existence of poor people and people in distress makes us disown the poor and distressed person within ourselves. The real walls that surround us on the outside have their origin in this inner separation. The filth of shanty towns and prisons is a reflection of the filth inside ourselves. So how can we learn to embrace not only the poverty around us but also within us?

- Jean Vanier, Our Journey Home, p.66

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These folks may just be wounded people who cannot face the poverty and filth inside or outside themselves. They are fragile and weak. Do we ignore or embrace the wounded? The reason that they have the power to hurt with their rage and attacks is because we, also are fragile with hidden valleys in the recessed part of our memories.

Just contemplating : Joanne

October 19th, 2010, 4:15 pm #8

And it also could be that said pain is so poignant that attempts to empathize as so painful that they are, and need to be, avoided.

October 19th, 2010, 4:26 pm #9

We Deny Part of Ourselves

There is a world of anguish within us of which we are afraid, and which we therefore refuse to look at. We cannot accept the pain, weaknesses, fears and guilt that are hidden there. We deny the existence of a certain part of ourselves, the part where we have been wounded and where we remain fragile and weak. The same impulse that makes us ignore the existence of poor people and people in distress makes us disown the poor and distressed person within ourselves. The real walls that surround us on the outside have their origin in this inner separation. The filth of shanty towns and prisons is a reflection of the filth inside ourselves. So how can we learn to embrace not only the poverty around us but also within us?

- Jean Vanier, Our Journey Home, p.66

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These folks may just be wounded people who cannot face the poverty and filth inside or outside themselves. They are fragile and weak. Do we ignore or embrace the wounded? The reason that they have the power to hurt with their rage and attacks is because we, also are fragile with hidden valleys in the recessed part of our memories.

Just contemplating : Joanne
It is indeed my take in 'one area'...

Love to you, Joanne
Jackie

October 19th, 2010, 4:35 pm #10

And it also could be that said pain is so poignant that attempts to empathize as so painful that they are, and need to be, avoided.
I agree. No matter how spiritual, educated or intelligent we are, we all have a personal space that should never be violated. That's why the walls go up .

Joanne