John Beckett

John Beckett

seapanther
seapanther

February 11th, 2010, 5:25 am #1

Yes, it's true that Gerard and I were the best of enemies for quite some time. We were not nice to each other, to say the least.

We now tolerate one another well.

Pretty funny that anyone here thought that Gerard and I were a conspiracy.

If you want 'down and dirty', take a look at Mr.D's Forum. And the posts that flew between Gerard and me. Hah. I decided it's easier to be friendly.

I do have a rather ummmm hot temper at times.

Thanks for telling me about the conspiracy: that's a riot!

Sea

February 11th, 2010, 5:31 am #2

"I do have a rather ummmm hot temper at times"

IMHO, you give better than ya get more than most of the time.

Saying what you mean and meaning what you say IS important, I guess that admitting when you are wrong has some import also...but you no need worry about that too often :-)

Shup!

luv,

February 11th, 2010, 1:04 pm #3

Yes, it's true that Gerard and I were the best of enemies for quite some time. We were not nice to each other, to say the least.

If you want 'down and dirty', take a look at Mr.D's Forum. And the posts that flew between Gerard and me. Hah. I decided it's easier to be friendly.

Sea
Gerard and I also have had our combative interactions that went on for a few years. Upon a little consideration, I realized my own contribution to the animosities. I took it upon myself to try out to change that.

The result was nothing that I expected. Not between Gerard and me, that's rather amicable and I think it's fair to say that both Gerard and I value the peaceful interactions more than our previous ones. It is the reactions of some others that I didn't expect. All those that truly carry some animosity, or even hatred, turned against me. Simply for trying to be friendly to someone.

There were, and are, other dynamics at play of course, most of which has settled down and been resolved. Interestingly, this one hasn't. Merely being on positive terms with Gerard means that I am on negative terms with some, regardless of my intentions, belief, or character. I suspect that you will encounter the same.

And the most puzzling of all is that the most vindictive folks have one trait in common - they all espouse to be faithful and loving Christians.

Gerard... Apologies for any offense that this might be towards you regarding speaking on your behalf. My intent is to share my own experiences and perspective, not drag you through any mud. Especially today. Best of thoughts to you and yours.
Last edited by ever-a-newbie on February 11th, 2010, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 11th, 2010, 1:18 pm #4

The Arab nations cuddled up to Nazi Germany in World War II though Noob. What did that do for six million Jews?

I can appreciate trying to be friends but if it's at the cost of truth, then what is the purpose?

Matt 6:19-21
19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20 "But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;
21 for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (NAS)

We're all gonna die eventually and the things treasured so much for THIS WORLD will mean NOTHING if heaven is your hope for the next world.

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal

February 11th, 2010, 2:32 pm #5

There seems to be millions of people, from many religions, that are so focused on the wonders of their next life that they miss the point of the life that they were given.

February 11th, 2010, 4:48 pm #6

Sea
`

I wish you and Gerard the best

Jesus loves you and so do i

He is the Son of the Most High God

There is no wrong in Him

we must strive to be like Him

Praise His name on High forever & always!

Amen

`

February 11th, 2010, 4:53 pm #7

There seems to be millions of people, from many religions, that are so focused on the wonders of their next life that they miss the point of the life that they were given.

The next life is what life is all about. After all, what good is it to go to school and learn if you continually fail? Again words spoken by Christ....

Matt 6:19-21
19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20 "But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;
21 for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (NAS)

Last edited by Forerunner on February 11th, 2010, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 11th, 2010, 5:16 pm #8

Many learn what the lessons are yet they fail to incorporate the meaning of the lessons into their lives.

"...there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path."

Many know the path, and do not walk it.
Many preach the path, and do not walk it.
Many berate others and yet they do not know the path of those others.
Many berate others not really knowing the path that they are on.
Many fight to be on the path when fighting isn't allowed on the path.
Many are not hestitant to show others when they're on the path, which takes them off the path.
And the interesting twist is that many walk the path, and do not even know it.

February 11th, 2010, 5:34 pm #9

Noob> Many know the path, and do not walk it.

N> Many don't know the path and so can't comprehend it.

February 11th, 2010, 6:34 pm #10

As much as I rant about the stupidity that exists in the world, I don't believe that anyone doesn't have the ability to comprehend such simple ideas. They're so basic that 5 year olds can comprehend them.

And I don't agree with the circular argument that is implied by your statement. Circular arguments are, by definition, logical fallacies.
Last edited by ever-a-newbie on February 11th, 2010, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.