Jack is goinbg to marry someone??....anyone know of U.S. laws on

Jack is goinbg to marry someone??....anyone know of U.S. laws on

October 15th, 2010, 11:22 pm #1

http://www.network54.com/Forum/178694/m ... tober+30th

what he is saying???

seems to me....a person would need to continue to prove their credetials to marry people???

something in what he says seems wrong....i an canadian so i do not know of the Amnwerican/Oklahoma laws on this.....anyone know???

i would hate to see someone think they have been married and come to find out the person who married them was not legally qualified....and while i have no right or ability to alert them if say Jack is not qualified...i just am wondering if it is that easy to be considered qualified to marry people....very strange imv.

thanks

g

October 16th, 2010, 5:08 am #2

2 people committing to a life-long partnership needs all the blessings and encouragement that it can get these days.

I hope that Jack does a good job for them.

October 16th, 2010, 5:18 am #3

maybe you should delete this thread

I apologize

October 16th, 2010, 1:40 pm #4

http://www.network54.com/Forum/178694/m ... tober+30th

what he is saying???

seems to me....a person would need to continue to prove their credetials to marry people???

something in what he says seems wrong....i an canadian so i do not know of the Amnwerican/Oklahoma laws on this.....anyone know???

i would hate to see someone think they have been married and come to find out the person who married them was not legally qualified....and while i have no right or ability to alert them if say Jack is not qualified...i just am wondering if it is that easy to be considered qualified to marry people....very strange imv.

thanks

g
But I do know, in Alberta I could officiate a marriage. Just need to make sure the paper work is done correctly. Of course, I am an ordained minister as well.

Even if I wasn't though, I am pretty sure that any self supporting adult can perform a wedding ceremony, in Alberta.

October 16th, 2010, 5:56 pm #5

Anyone is entitled to do it but you need to know WHAT you're doing!

Which reminds me of a humorous little episode that happened recently to a friend of my wife's ...

This woman and guy had been having an on and off relationship for some years and she got tired of it. Either marry or else.

So they set the wedding date and emailed all the invitations and then .... 3 days before the wedding, "they" find out that he's still legally married! Oops. He THOUGHT he wasn't any more but he'd forgotten to do a deep check.

So, you get a fellow like Jack who doesn't even keep track of his OWN paper work -(folding it into his bible like a pressed flower)- and then .... do you THINK that he would happen to check the other peoples' records? Oh my. Talk about being awfully wedded!~

-Vince

October 16th, 2010, 8:46 pm #6

maybe you should delete this thread

I apologize
We're all just exchanging opinions.

October 17th, 2010, 4:50 am #7

it proves people have reaaaal short memories i guess.

October 17th, 2010, 4:53 am #8

We're all just exchanging opinions.
...i have done more to rally people to jack than anyone in history.

no response needed....;-\

October 17th, 2010, 1:50 pm #9

I believe that marriage is a true blessing. Even if a senile person in their 90's with acute Down's Syndrome, brain damage, Alzheimer's Disease and Parkinson's Disease whose license to marry had been long expired & revoked were in a position to perform a marriage, my answer would be the same.

God doesn't care about the "legal forms".

October 18th, 2010, 4:18 am #10

isn't then the first time i have done that.

thanks for the honest input.