Its about surrender!

Its about surrender!

lox
lox

July 10th, 2010, 11:04 pm #1

If God gives us a new heart to give us a new mind, then what you think according to your own understanding, is futile.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn your back on evil.Then you will gain renewed health and vitality.

If you come here just to show off your knowledge and gets you nothing, its futile

THINK NOT!

God does have a better way! Forsake your own ways for God is NOT impressed!

Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.

Let the people turn from their wicked deeds. Let them banish from their minds the very thought of doing wrong! Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

"My thoughts[machashabah-device,plan,purpose, invention] are completely different from yours," says the LORD. "And my ways[derek-road,distance, manner,direction,course of life] are far beyond anything you could imagine.

For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

"The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.

It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!

Where once there were thorns,[thornbush-na`atsuwts]
cypress trees,a noble tree,of stateliness ,material for temple]
will grow. Where briers[carpad,plant growing in the desert]
grew, [myrtles-hadac,springs i.e. grows rapidly]
will sprout up. This miracle will bring great honor to the LORD's name; it will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.

July 11th, 2010, 12:11 am #2

What you say is absolutely right.

For so many of us, this is never the first choice - it is the last resort.

As the downward spiral continues, I am comforted in the assurance that The Lord waits for each and every one of us. My personal hell brought me to my knees, and in the deep depth of dispair I came face to face with the Lord Jesus. My life changed forever in a moment of time.

There are exciting times - when I look around I see so many prodigals on the road. Its really happening. We are all returning to Spirit.

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone!"
(Thanks Kristy)

July 11th, 2010, 12:18 am #3

If God gives us a new heart to give us a new mind, then what you think according to your own understanding, is futile.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn your back on evil.Then you will gain renewed health and vitality.

If you come here just to show off your knowledge and gets you nothing, its futile

THINK NOT!

Let the people turn from their wicked deeds. Let them banish from their minds the very thought of doing wrong! Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

"My thoughts[machashabah-device,plan,purpose, invention] are completely different from yours," says the LORD. "And my ways[derek-road,distance, manner,direction,course of life] are far beyond anything you could imagine.

For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

"The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.

It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands!

will sprout up. This miracle will bring great honor to the LORD's name; it will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.
anyone showing off their knowledge, as long as they HAVE demonstrable knowledge.

What annoys me more than lack of modesty is when people post stuff that makes absolutely no sense to me ... and then they can't explain it to me either!

-Vince

July 11th, 2010, 12:22 am #4

Because you use man's wisdom, and they use God's wisdom. Although I could never figure out how they do that. Ya know? They get to use that verse on others, but really -- it is self refuting.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

July 11th, 2010, 12:23 am #5

THINK NOT!

Settle for ignorance of your surroundings, do not trust the evidence, you are wrong. A superstition must be believed, despite the fact it is just one more of the same from thousands of others. You know Islam is wrong, you know the Asgardian gods were someones sincere mistake, for a thousand years and more people sincerely believed in the Roman and Greek gods, foolishly, wasting their lives, going to hell and yet, for the same reasons you think ignoring the facts and just believing will get you a better outcome?

Yes, people must be stupid, but its not just a lack of intelligence, because these people have it and wont use it.

I keep asking people here why they think that despite the evidence that there is nothing there, that it has merit to believe it anyway.

All those stupid scientologist victims being gipped into giving their life fortunes away, obstinately refusing their friends and families requests to realise whats happening, know how to block out requests to rethink their directions until the money is gone.

Why do people do this?

I can see its in the way its said. Islam has its little key words and they are important to its adherants, it makes others gnash their teeth, "Praise Allah the almighty"... "allah willing".... etc.

The scientologists have their phrases that make their people think "this guy is wise in our ways.... switched on, I'll not block him out".

and so do Christians.

I am not impressed with my own wisdom, its not enough, but to abrogate even the need to try to get it right by trusting in something that no one can even explain why they should seems absolute folly, because it is absolute folly.

"You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! "

Really, it hasnt happened yet, and its not as if no one has ever tried. For thousands of years. people have been promised miracles coming so very soon, and they've never happened, just like a rational person would expect.

I am not into abandoning thought, reason and observing how the world has always worked, for many times proven wrong lies, that fly in the face of all that hs ever happened, that can never happen because of some vague amazing promises from a particular book that is full of factual errors. Its not as if they arent a unique book either, there are 10s of thousands of gods, all invisible, all inactive all just a matter of not thinking and just believing.

Doesnt it seem strange to anyone here?

No? of course, we dont think, we just pick one and stop thinking about it.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

July 11th, 2010, 12:25 am #6

What you say is absolutely right.

For so many of us, this is never the first choice - it is the last resort.

As the downward spiral continues, I am comforted in the assurance that The Lord waits for each and every one of us. My personal hell brought me to my knees, and in the deep depth of dispair I came face to face with the Lord Jesus. My life changed forever in a moment of time.

There are exciting times - when I look around I see so many prodigals on the road. Its really happening. We are all returning to Spirit.

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone!"
(Thanks Kristy)
Do you suspect Allah is no less successful in turning peoples life around?

They are so convinced, some are willing to die to get that special garden in paradise. (or was that Christianity that offers that to its martyrs?)

July 11th, 2010, 12:26 am #7

anyone showing off their knowledge, as long as they HAVE demonstrable knowledge.

What annoys me more than lack of modesty is when people post stuff that makes absolutely no sense to me ... and then they can't explain it to me either!

-Vince
Uncommon sense.

It is hard to believe in demons, but if one pops out from behind a bush when I am walking by, I become an instant believer. Then if I tell you about it, you call the guys in the white coats.

Jesus understands this - he told the recipients of His miracles to keep quiet about it - but of course they couldn't. And, like you, the people hearing the story became annoyed.

On another topic - are you enjoying the heat wave? We have been in the 30s for a few days now.

(Thanks Kristy)

July 11th, 2010, 12:29 am #8

Do you suspect Allah is no less successful in turning peoples life around?

They are so convinced, some are willing to die to get that special garden in paradise. (or was that Christianity that offers that to its martyrs?)
I don't know much about Allah and don't have much use for christianity, or any other religion.

But I do know this - a drowning man will indeed clutch a straw, and a sailor caught in a storm will put into any port.

Nice to see you here - we are GMT-8 here on the 'left' coast of Canada.

(Thanks Kristy)

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

July 11th, 2010, 12:31 am #9

-Vince
Although I tend to think that the bible is a claim of all these things, and not the proof. Lox was basically saying to me, there is no proof, you are too stupid to understand it all. The greatest merit is just to believe and dont try to understand work it out. You are incapable to understand our god. But if you pick my one, despite the obvious issues you will be right.

Riiiiiight.

No thanks. I'd love to have someone explain the seeming weaknesses in this scenario, rather than hearing this and saying "you are a troll".... "you are mocking"....... No, its the number one question, that until its answered, all else means nothing.

Ignoring it is no solution. Even put nicely like, "it worked for me", because it just means you are ignoring the question, not solving it. It only is a band aid over a bullet hole.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

July 11th, 2010, 12:35 am #10

I don't know much about Allah and don't have much use for christianity, or any other religion.

But I do know this - a drowning man will indeed clutch a straw, and a sailor caught in a storm will put into any port.

Nice to see you here - we are GMT-8 here on the 'left' coast of Canada.

(Thanks Kristy)
and you'd have been happy to learn all about Islam then.

GMT + 10 here.

If you are interested in learning truth about reality though, I'd suggest you have a placebo in superstition, rather than the cure in atheism. I'm not trying to push my "mans wisdom" really, just wondering how people dont get offended by people like Jack and Nucc peddling their American Taliban solution, what a horrific view of the US future.