Issues of morality shuts Christians up.

June 27th, 2012, 6:50 pm #1

I know I have done well in an O. P. when Christians run from a discussion.

I wrote these two posts and got almost no response. Not a usual thing for my posts. This tells me that I hit the nail right on the head and Christians have no apologetics to refute my claim.

==========================

If you accept this as universal morality, you will reject God.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

God does not follow the first rule at all.

The bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or sin.

This shows that what many thinks is our number one moral value was completely ignored by God.

Is God immoral or has man gotten morality wrong?

If God was right, then are we to believe that fathers are to bury their children instead of the way people think in that children should bury their parents?

John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.

On earth as it is in heaven.

If you had Gods power to set the conditions for atonement, would you step up yourself or would you send your child to die?

=============================

God to Jesus. I just condemned the human race. Now go die to save them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ott1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqP_f...eature=related

I think that the notion that punishing the innocent instead of the guilty perpetrator is immoral. Be it a willing sacrifice as some believe with Jesus or unwilling victim.

I also think that God, who has a plethora of other options, would have come up with a moral way instead of an immoral and barbaric human sacrifice.

I agree with scriptures say that we are all responsible for our own righteousness as well as our own iniquity and that God cannot be bribed by sacrifice.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

I believe as I do because I believe that the first rule of morality is harm/care of children.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

Do you agree that the notion of substitutionary atonement is immoral and that Gods first principle of morality is hare/harm and that this would prevent him from demanding the death of his son?

==============================

This lack of opposition to the premise given tells me that Christians may actually be more moral than what I give them credit for. They do not walk their talk in these cases and that is a plus.

Seems Christians actually recognize good morals even if they do not preach them.
I thank Christians for confirming my view that they are just following tradition, dogma and culture while not really following their God. Thank God for that. Any sane man would reject the bible God.

Regards
DL

Kingdom
Kingdom

June 28th, 2012, 12:09 am #2

I've heard a lot of reasons to not listen to G-d but yours is a duzzy. Had you read the whole story as to why Yeshua was crucified, it might have made a little more sense. The story starts thousands of years before Yeshua was born, many warnings given no one payed attention just kept on breaking the commandments. Four hundred years G-d turned His back on His people, finally He sent His servant Yeshua first to talk, then to die. If the people had listened, if they hadn't sinned Yeshua would not have died. In ancient times sacrifice by G-d's people was done with the first of crops, first born animals, etc. but now G-d was so angry a human sacrifice was necessary.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

June 28th, 2012, 4:16 am #3

Fancy raping a virgin and then planning the killing of his son just cos he's angry.

Does anyone think that this G_d dude is not seriously sick?

Tim
Tim

June 28th, 2012, 5:01 am #4

You don't understand Art.
Its kind of like GOD is the Baker and we are Gingerbread boys.

Ask your self this Art.
Why are children born with individual personalities?

My dad says I have the bulldog personality, once I latch on I never let go.

What makes you, you isn't just life experiences, but the base was established before birth.

Any thoughts?

Tim

June 28th, 2012, 2:48 pm #5

Fancy raping a virgin and then planning the killing of his son just cos he's angry.

Way back when, even as a "christian" of sorts.

That that wasn't God that commanded all that blood letting.

Jesus didn't die for our sins. He died, in old age in India most likely.

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

June 28th, 2012, 4:50 pm #6

According to the story of the crucifixion of Jesus there was a sign over the cross reading INRI. SEE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus,_King_of_the_Jews
... If he was, then the Romans killed him for political reasons.
..... I have also read a speculation in a book, according to which Jesus was the son of the murdered Crown Prince, the son of Herod. Mary his wife, pregnant with Jesus, couldn't say who she was or she too would have been killed, so they concocted that virgin birth story. All virgin births are females, never males. If Jesus was the son of the Crown Prince, then he really would have been the rightful, not the Romans' appointed, King, and therefore would have been killed by the Romans.
..... The 4 official gospels were written about the time when the Jews revolted against the Romans, and the then so-called "Christians", the followers of Paul, not of Jesus, were on the Romans' side, and anti-Jews. So they "white-washed" the Romans and blamed the Jews in the gospel stories.

Tim
Tim

June 29th, 2012, 6:08 am #7

2 Corinthians11:3
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Tim

June 29th, 2012, 12:40 pm #8

I've heard a lot of reasons to not listen to G-d but yours is a duzzy. Had you read the whole story as to why Yeshua was crucified, it might have made a little more sense. The story starts thousands of years before Yeshua was born, many warnings given no one payed attention just kept on breaking the commandments. Four hundred years G-d turned His back on His people, finally He sent His servant Yeshua first to talk, then to die. If the people had listened, if they hadn't sinned Yeshua would not have died. In ancient times sacrifice by G-d's people was done with the first of crops, first born animals, etc. but now G-d was so angry a human sacrifice was necessary.
Rather a pathetic view for a Jew.
Your people are usually brighter.

So God got so angry he decided to commit suicide. How droll.

Give your head a shake my friend.

Regards
DL

June 29th, 2012, 12:42 pm #9

Not I.
That bible God is quite the dick.

Regards
DL

June 30th, 2012, 4:46 pm #10

Rather a pathetic view for a Jew.
Your people are usually brighter.

So God got so angry he decided to commit suicide. How droll.

Give your head a shake my friend.

Regards
DL
It was just a fake suicide.
Three days later...
<blockquote>Luke 24:38-43 --
38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate it before them.
He was eating dinner with his Buds.

-PRev1-
</blockquote>

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

"If you suddenly think Stephen Colbert is truly right wing, that's when I would worry."
-- Neuropsychologist Katherine Rankin.