Israel Watch: God's Prophetic Time Clock

Israel Watch: God's Prophetic Time Clock

June 14th, 2010, 1:35 pm #1

Jun 14, 2010

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Palestine

Regnerys terrific PiG book series, dedicated to subjects that get under the skin of liberals (The Politically Incorrect Guide to Hunting, etc.) should include The Politically Incorrect Guide to Palestine. Given the fact that the left keeps referring to a country that doesnt exist, the book would no doubt be a bestseller.

Just one entry could deal with the Palestinians disingenuous international media campaign.

Everyone knows about the flotilla fiasco a couple weeks back, when Israeli commandos boarded a humanitarian ship bound for Gaza. Nine activists were killed after they attacked the soldiers.

The Arab media spin since then reminds me of the classic maneuvers by Uncle Yasser Arafat, who never missed an opportunity to lie so that others might die.

In 2000, when Ariel Sharon simply visited Jerusalems Temple Mount, the Palestinians rioted and people were killed in the riots. There was no reason for them, save Arafats desire to use the visit as a pretext for violence.

The same tactic is being used by his successor, Mahmoud Abbas, who works closely with other Arab groups to undermine Israel at every turn.

A recent editorial in The Economist blamed Israel, again. For 20 years, there has been an endless cycle of media blame of Israel, political blame of Israel, and cultural blame of Israel.

Yet the real facts surrounding the flotilla raid reveal that those aboard the ship had planned the deadly clash, in order to gain worldwide sympathy. As it has for 40 years, the tactic worked.

Crew members on the Mavi Marmara began preparing two hours before the confrontation with IDF troops. The Turkish Islamist group IHH, with full backing from the Turkish government, maintained control of the ship and helped arm the crew with weapons, including a section of the ships railing that was sawed into clubs.

About 40 members of the IHH controlled the ships crew and when Israeli naval commandos boarded, the mood on the ship was tense. Shortly, the melee ensued and the IHH had its international story.

It is important to remember that this type of action has far-reaching effects. Not only do international media figures condemn Israel, under the guise of news stories, editorials, and feature articles, such a story inflames Israels other enemies, including, for example, American mainline church officials.

In a story from the United Methodist News Service, we read this:

WASHINGTON (UMNS) The United Methodist Board of Church and Society has joined other church groups in condemning the May 31 interception of six vessels carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza, resulting in nine deaths. Jim Winkler, the boards chief executive, called the Israeli troops boarding of the Freedom Flotilla in international waters symptomatic of a broader, hopelessly flawed policy by Israel to subjugate the Palestinian people, allegedly to protect its own security. Defending the action, the Israeli government has said its blockade was necessary to protect Israel against the infiltration into Gaza of weapons and fighters sponsored by Iran.

The World Council of Churches, U.S. National Council of Churches, Churches for Middle East Peace and leaders of the Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, United Church of Christ and Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) also expressed alarm over Israels actions against the flotilla.

Winkler is a long-time foe of Israel, and from his well-funded perch, routinely condemns Israel a curious agenda for an American church official facing severe denominational losses and the ever-important apportionments, which help fund such activities as Winklers personal grudge against the Jewish state.

One can see that an insidious outcome of the incident aboard the Mavi Marmara is that political and media fallout for Israel is made worse by the effects it has on the church world.

I was speaking this week with a friend who works for a major Bible prophecy ministry. He told me that in a recent conversation with one of his children, he discovered that the two dont share the same view of the Arab-Israeli conflict, in that the child does not believe that the majority of Palestinians have an inbred hatred of Jews.

This is but one small story that illustrates my contention that support for Israel is eroding, even among American Christians. What will happen when the older generations staunch friends of Israel die off?

The truth is, a comprehensive group of international leftists lie constantly about Israel. This drip, drip, drip extending over decades has brought Israel to its present moment of peril.

A sign of hope for me these past weeks is that Benjamin Netanyahu did not back down from the global sharks, including the American president, who condemned his nation in the aftermath of the flotilla incident. The Israeli premier sent commandos right back to another attempt by the Arabs to smuggle into Gaza.

Let us hope this is an additional signal that a much higher-stakes decision regarding Iran will be buttressed with similar resolve, and soon.

jim@prophecymatters.com

Jun 7, 2010

No One is Forgotten

Frances Gifford was what many would consider a B actress in Hollywood, during the World War II era. Pretty and statuesque, she appeared in several films, including a role in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, with Jimmy Stewart.

Married from 1938 to 1942, Ms. Gifford apparently never had children.

In 1948, she was involved in a car accident and suffered severe head injuries. A fan site online tells us that she was not heard from publicly until 1983; shed been placed in a state mental hospital for 20 years! Upon release, she found work at the Pasadena public library, and she died in 1994.

One wonders if anyone visited her between 1958 and 1978. What did she think of President Kennedys assassination? Did she watch the variety television programs of the late 60s and 70s? How was it she was able to recover?

I mention this woman because to most, she is forgotten. Thousands of actors worked in Hollywood in those years and thousands of films were made. Frances Gifford is probably remembered by a hardcore film buff like Martin Scorcese, but thatd be about it.

The point Id like to make is that, although I dont know her religious persuasion, Frances Gifford was not forgotten by her Creator. We can only speculate about the depth of Gods love.

Whenever I see a person like Frances Gifford, I think of Israel. Tiny, constantly besieged Israel. On their own. Individual Jews have been forgotten for centuries, and many of them died alone or in mass graves. Israel herself has been abandoned almost countless times, most recently in our era, such as during the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War. Sure, America intervened in 73 (if you ever want to be inspired and understand the supernatural nature of things, read an account of Nixon ordering airlifts to Israel, over the objections of his advisors!)

Today of course, Israel has been abandoned by the nations, who grovel before the desert sheikhs, who sit on oil coveted by thirsty superpowers.

But remember what the Lord said in Isaiah 49:16: See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

What a lovely reality. Perhaps one can be forgiven for imagining the Lord turning His hands over, looking at Israel set permanently there. Although it is dreadfully difficult for people to understand how God could allow evil, we know from Scripture that even in the darkest days, the Jews were not forgotten by God.

As Benjamin Netanyahu makes the highest-stakes decisions every day, we see this week that the Jewish state is being threatened diplomatically and militarily. George Mitchell, Barack Obamas Middle East envoy an utter failure and complete waste of taxpayer money has announced that at the proper time, he will set a deadline for the Israelis and Palestinians to reach an agreement. Already we know that the Palestinians are roaming through the West Bank, setting up institutions for governing, so that at the appointed time, they can simply declare a state.

Mitchell compares this effort at peace-making to his 1998 deal brokered between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland. As if theres any comparison. In the Middle East, he is dealing with unreachable Islamists who have sworn to destroy Israel.

Then we have Hezbollahs Sheikh Nasrallah threatening to sink Israeli ships in the event of war. What a punk.

So Israel is in a dangerous position and many Israelis probably feel that theyve been forgotten. Boy, if they only knew.

All this of course applies to us as individuals. If God has kept Israel all this time and He clearly has then He is well able to keep you to the end.

I believe that with all my heart, soul, and spirit.

jim@prophecymatters.com

May 31, 2010

Doctrines of Demons

(In recent weeks, hundreds of you have responded that youd be interested in hearing our pro Israel/Bible prophecy speakers in your church or other host venue see www.prophecymatters.com for details. In order to get plugged into our calendar, email or call us for details: jim@prophecymatters.com; 870.480.2328)

I need some prayer warriors. At Prophecy Matters, we dont ask for money. We are not a non-profit, but we are also affiliated with the apologetics publishing group, Icon (www.iconpublishinggroup.com), and its pro Israel Balfour Books imprint (www.balfourstore.com). I would like to invite you to support us through our books, which is increasingly important since our material is unashamedly conservative and therefore not always well-received in certain mainstream Christian venues.

In any event, I mention all this because our pro Israel and pro prophecy activism routinely invites what I can only describe as spiritual warfare. I am writing this from the Charlotte airport where I was en-route to a weekend seminar at a wonderful church in Kentucky. I almost wasnt surprised that bad weather cancelled all flights, so my trip was scrapped and Im headed home. This is the second time in six months my trip to this particular church has been derailed by bad weather. Someone there needs to hear our message!

I have been involved in other ministry ventures over the years, and have spent 17 years in the Christian book publishing industry. I have never seen opposition to a message like I have the pro Israel message. Strange things happen out of the blue. Dissension. Competing agendas. Ive even seen more than I care to of anti-Semitism in publishing.

When I worked for Master Books, the large creationist publisher they do fantastic stuff and I encourage you to support them we encountered opposition from evolutionists and liberal Christians. But I never encountered serious spiritual warfare with books until we started Balfour Books in 2003. I purchased BB from my former employer last year and have spent some months getting it into position. We have some great projects coming the balance of this year, and our new title from Dr. Alex Grobman, The Palestinian Right to Israel, is superb. It is a tremendous, historical defense of Israels right to the land.

But let me share some behind-the-scenes things with you. The book was to launch April 15, but twice the shipment was late and re-routed. Covers were damaged on the truck and the printer sent replacement covers. When we received them, I was crestfallen and astonished. Thrown haphazardly into a cardboard box, the replacement covers were scuffed and bent!

I have found this is typical of what happens to Balfour Books, and I think its because BB is the only exclusively pro Israel publisher around. As believing Christians who support the Jewish people, most of us believe in spiritual warfare and enmity. For me, it used to be more theory than reality. Not anymore.

Once, in contact with a highly placed Israeli who was interested in publishing with us, I typed a reply to his email, hit send and watched my computer have a meltdown. I was able to retrieve some of the data, but it was a virtual disaster.

My speaking event this weekend was a pro Israel, pro Bible prophecy venue. Someone didnt want it to happen.

Typical. Im reminded of these things during weekends like this, when flight delays make it difficult to reach speaking destinations, or just to get home at all!

There are other fronts in this battle. There are so many difficulties in pro Israel ministry that the biblical phrase doctrines of demons comes to mind. I firmly believe that the greatest battlefield in the world today is in the ideological worldview regarding Israel. The enemy works tirelessly to thwart this work 24/7.

As Ive written quite a bit recently, Christian leadership in America is turning away from the Jewish state. Some are doing it subtly, some not-so-subtly. Then there are the apologetics ministries who are not friendly to what we do.

Over the years, Ive worked with many, many ministries, most of them in the apologetics realm. I know a lot of them personally, and understand their personal agendas. We all have agendas, and you are reading mine today.

What Ive discovered is that whenever I bring up support of Israel with many of these ministry friends, there is a sudden chill in the room. I have lost friends, not intentionally.

There are myriad reasons for this. Some ministries use the poor judgment of some Bible prophecy teachers (date-setters) to bash and tar-and-feather anyone in that community. Pro Israel activism and the study of Bible prophecy go hand-in-hand, as you well know. So many ministries and Christian leaders ever more mindful of avoiding controversial subjects as they pad their church attendance in order to achieve mega-church status have given us the cold shoulder when Ive inquired about possible interest in what we do.

A dislike of Israel and Jews is a serious problem today in American Christianity. I am experiencing this in tangible ways right now. Beyond all the things Ive just mentioned, you would not believe the chilly reception we get from traditional, mainstream, Christian book-buying channels.

Thats why Im asking you to help support what we do, whether thats booking our pro Israel seminars, or buying our books. Youll notice on RaptureReadys homepage that there is an ad link for Balfour Books. I am convinced there is a powerful and huge grassroots movement out there that embraces Israel and Bible prophecy, which is under attack as never before (you only have to read what both the right and left in Christian circles writes, ranging from Brian McLaren to Pat Buchanan).

There are Calvary Chapels that support Israel and some of you read Israel Watch weekly. There are independent churches and even some denominational ones that support what we do. I hear from people all over the world.

So I ask again: support us in whatever way you see fit. But above all much above all I am asking for your prayer warrior support as we go forward.

A long time ago, I made a decision that I would support Israel no matter what, and I crossed that river, never looking back. I decided that I would unashamedly proclaim wherever I could that all the Bible is true, from Genesis to Revelation, and that it isnt a book of myth and poor historical research, but rather the Word of the Living God.

In our little corner of the world, it is sometimes lonely. However, it is also a great privilege. Wherever you are, in a large church or small, or no church at all, check out what we do and consider to what degree you can be involved in our work.

Most of all, pray.

jim@prophecymatters.com

May 24, 2010

The New Apostasy Frontier

It is quite ironic that while a member of the left like Noam Chomsky would reject biblical truth, especially as it relates to Israel being a fulfillment of predictive prophecy, Chomsky himself unknowingly affirms many of those very prophecies.

This past week, Chomsky, a linguistics professor at MIT, was denied entrance into Israel, where he was due to give a lecture to students at Bir Zeit University, near the West Bank city of Ramallah; the institution is a hot-bed of Palestinian activism.

Instead, Chomsky gave the lecture via video link from Amman, Jordan, no doubt a country with which the leftwing Chomsky is rather chummy, given his anti-American, anti-Israel rantings of the past half-century.

Speaking to the press, Chomsky had this to say:

He told the paper that Israel's behaviour reminded him of that of South Africa in the 1960s, when it realised it was already considered a pariah, but thought it would resolve the problem with better public relations.

Israel as pariah. How interesting that the linguistics professor, who understands language so well, would use that term to describe the only progressive society in the Middle East. Chomsky, you see, has never had the privilege of living in a totalitarian state. Rather, he writes lovingly of them from the brutal confines of dark and ghastly America.

(Youll appreciate, I hope, that the preceding sentence was tongue-in-cheek.)

When Zechariah (and other prophets) wrote thousands of years ago that, in effect, Israel would one day find herself a pariah in the international community and be the target of a globally coordinated attack, the very thought seemed preposterous.

Now, not only is the idea of Israel as black-sheep outsider plausible, it is reality. When radical Muslims the world over are blowing people up, it is easier for dream-catcher thinkers like Chomsky to pontificate against the victim, in this case, Israel.

Chomsky has long raged against American and Israeli actions to defend themselves, or others who are being brutalized by various thug regimes. It is also interesting to note that a guy like Chomsky can criticize, say, the dropping of atomic bombs on Japan to prevent a million American soldiers from invading the homeland. Again, its easy to criticize when you havent fought for your country. Notice that the guys who gave us our freedom, with their blood, come home and keep their mouths shut and work hard for their families, while radical anti-Americans like Chomsky also share that freedom, and repay our boys by bashing them. In the same way he treats the IDF with disdain, and it is probably the most moral fighting force in world history.

In human terms, Israel is in peril. Physical, political, and moral dangers surround her like a pack of jackals.

Although I probably sound like Im not making sense to many when I sound-off about American Christianity. Its just that after observing things for well over a decade, Ive concluded that the great shift in dialogue has occurred, in which origins issues are now somewhat mainstream thanks to the efforts of groups like ICR and Creation Ministries International. They have made creationism much more accepted.

Now, the debate within the Church and wider society is, what to do about Israel? I maintain, though it may not be a popular position, that support for Israel is weakening, in terms of numbers and influencers especially influencers. A prediction: most if not all major ministry leaders in the U.S. in the next decade will abandon Israel.

It is already becoming politically expedient for them to do so. For example, Rick Warren is no friend of Bible prophecy; by extension, I maintain he is no friend of Israel (see his chummy visit with Syrian dictator Bashar Assad a couple years ago).

Now, Warren has so infected the Southern Baptist Convention, that whatever he says, thousands of pastors are going to do. Not all, but many. Watch for leaders like him to subtly move away from Israel.

And Christians on the left, like Tony Campolo and Brian McLaren, would no doubt be friendly with Chomsky; he shares their worldview.

But when it comes to Israel, they also share the same worldview with increasing numbers of American Christian leaders. There is latent anti-Semitism running through these ranks.

One of the overriding reasons for this is that Palestinian propaganda is working. The Palestinians send speakers into American churches and there they spread the Palestinian narrative, which usually involves hard-to-document stories of Israeli abuse of Arabs. For example, church audiences are told horrific tales of Israeli abuse of Palestinian Christians. But are the stories true?

In many cases, they are not. The American mind cannot wrap itself around the idea that some people lie. Youd be shocked if you knew how much the Arabs lie about Israel.

The corrosive effect in the church is that leaders begin to turn away from the Jewish state. It is then a short step to Israel becoming a pariah.

Just as Zechariah predicted.

jim@prophecymatters.com

May 17, 2010

Muhammads Monsters

Given that front groups, populated by elegant men wearing suits, have worked for decades to infiltrate America and Israel from within to promote terrorismI was reminded recently of Israels constant battle against jihadists.

With the Pakistani-American attempting to detonate a car bomb in Times Square, we need to be aware that Jihad in America has already been here for some time.

Perhaps the best book Ive read on the subject, Muhammads Monsters, by Haifa University professor David Bukay, brings together a whole host of terrorism experts. As Bukay himself has stated, Islam is standing up, meaning this war movement is flexing its muscles.

That is a chilling thought.

With the acceleration of the jihadist plan since the 9/11 attacks, we are truly living in a new era. Israel of course has been living with this always; pre-state, there were regular acts of violence committed against Jewish immigrants to Palestine. As the fledgling Jewish state gathered itself and matured in the decades following its 1948 establishment, cross-border raids from various terror factions intensified, particularly among the fedayeen (freedom fighters ridiculous) from Egypt.

After 9/11, Muslim cleric Sheikh Ibrahim Mahdi said the following, on Palestinian Authority Television:

All weapons must be aimed at the Jews, at the enemies of Allah, the cursed nation in the Quran, whom the Quran describes as monkeys and pigsWe will blow them up in Hadera, we will blow them up in Tel Aviv and in NetanyaWe bless all those who educate their children to jihad and to martyrdom.

What a sick freak.

One of the things important to understand in Mahdis statement is that he referenced three Israeli citiesthree cities in Israel proper. In other words, they arent in the disputed territories. This is a key indication that the Arabs want all of Israel.

Tellingly, both the Egyptian and Jordanian press wrote about nefarious Zionist plots after 9/11, and this is significant because, remember, Democratic Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton presided over formal peace agreements between Israel and those nations, in 1979 and 1994, respectively. In fact, the latter, ruled by King Hussein, was considered to be somewhat of an elegant, progressive reformer in the Arab world. Yet Hussein and his successor son, Abdullah, thought nothing of allowing the most putrid forms of anti-Semitic filth in the official press.

It is a given that other surrounding nations Lebanon, Syria, Iraq are aggressively anti-Israel.

And let me tell you something, my friends, this jihad against Israel has now gone global, make not mistake. Read this carefully! Only this week, a Free Gaza organization is coordinating a flotilla of aid to be sent to the Gaza Strip (so much for Ariel Sharons pullout, which was supposed to have been a goodwill gesture to the world). The departure points?

Ireland (Port of Dundalk), Greece, Turkey, and Cypress! Ireland!

One of the ships is named the Rachel Corrie, in honor of the activist who was killed when she stood in front of the home of Palestinian pharmacist Samir Nasrallah, as an Israeli bulldozer demolished the structure, in 2003. Corrie, with the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), has become a symbol to anti-Israel activists around the world. One wonders how she would feel about being a symbol for the murder of Israelis, although plenty of liberal American and European Christians no doubt would think it just fine.

Officially, the flotilla of ships is carrying 900 passengers journalists, activists, and medical personnel although no passenger lists have been made public.

There is of course nothing wrong with legitimate aid. But when Hamas is announced as taking part in the operation, one wonders what kind of aid is being delivered.

Years ago, when folks mocked Bible prophecy students and teachers for insisting that at a future date, the whole world would be against IsraelBible believers knew history would vindicate them. That day has come.

Beyond the sympathy for the Palestinians elicited in far-flung places like Ireland, there is a flexing of jihad muscle in Southeast Asia, as well. A decade ago, the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir saw 3,288 of its citizens butchered in the terror campaign in which the Muslim majority state sought secession from the Indian Union.

Most people dont know that South Asia has the largest concentration of Muslims in the world over 400 million! We can internalize the fact that Israel is surrounded by hostile Muslim nations, but when you consider that countries like Bangladesh and Pakistan are over 90 percent Muslimall of a sudden, the 200-million-man army spoken of in Revelation is not silly after all.

At the Tulsa Prophecy Conference this past week, hosted by Phillip Goodmans Prophecy Watch ministry (one of the front-line apologist groups standing against paganism in our world), the speakers and attendees had a heightened sense that something is in the offing.

With Iran, southeast Asia, Europe, and sadly, growing segments of the West turning against Israel, it isnt hard to see whats on the horizon.

As Hillary Clinton insists on strengthened sanctions against Iran, which no doubt make the Persian leadership laugh, the Palestinians are marking Nakba Day, the Catastrophe. What catastrophe are they noting? Why, the establishment of the state of Israel, of course.

These are not peace-loving people. They are barbarians, a frenzied people presided over by a sophisticated killing machine, the Palestinian Authority. They are monsters.

Muhammad rides again.

The whole world is on a war-footing.

jim@prophecymatters.com

May 10, 2010

The Fox and the Phoenix

Elie Wiesel is a wonderful man. A survivor of the Holocaust, the event that defined him and millions more, Wiesel has more toughness in a hangnail than most of us have in our entire bodies.

So it is that his mood after a recent lunch with Barack Obama leaves me saddened. Wiesel believes that U.S.-Israel relations are okay again after a recent spat, in which Obama bared his fangs over Jewish homes being built in east Jerusalem.

This is pretentious speculating on my part, but I believe that certain Jews I consider them to be the most noble people on the planet are so puzzled by hatred toward their people, that they look for the good wherever they can find it.

Problem for Wiesel is, anti-Semites dont embody good. And this is a theological tangent, but the concept of human good is not supported by the Bible. The fallout from the Fall in Genesis produced a human race tainted by pride and selfishness, qualities that are accelerating in their impact, in our day.

Elie Wiesel, a phoenix who rose from the literal ashes of the Holocaust, still had no clue what he was dealing with during his luncheon with the young fox, Obama. The former is a symbol of whatever good man has possessed in his tortured time on Earth; the latter is a deeply antagonistic foe of Israel.

Let me say this clearly: Obama, as a narcissist, has no ones best interests at heart. To think that he would go out on a limb and support Israel in any way in a world reeling from the virus of anti-Semitism is ludicrous. In fact, he does the opposite. Obamas anti-Israel attitude is deep and abiding. The sooner supporters of Israel internalize that, the sooner we can formulate plausible action plans to deal with the reality.

Jew-haters are wolves who, from time to time, lay back their ears and whine softly, like some helpless animal. Their malevolence only manifests itself when its too late for the victim to react to the reality.

Take the various peace initiatives tossed out by past U.S. administrations.

After the Six Day War, most people werent aware that a multitude of peace proposals were tossed-out by the Israelis, to the Arabs. The U.S. always latched onto these and amplified them, like an obnoxious smart kid in a class of equals. After a decade of Arab nastiness, the Israelis began settling the biblical heartland, a fact I never tire of mulling over. How delicious that mans pride, this time in the form of Arab arrogance, has served as the catalyst for biblical prophecy to be fulfilled!

Lyndon Johnsons administration understood that UN Resolution 242, which called for Israel to return territories, not the territories, could serve as a peace settlement. Needles to say, and this is key to understanding the Arab and Iranian mindset, nothing short of all of the land will satisfy. The Arabs literally want to see all of Israel disappear.

Richard Nixon was no Jew-lover, but he did send planeloads of military hardware to Israel at the height of the Yom Kippur War.

Jimmy Carter, in his maliciousness, sought to bring Israel to her knees by strong-arming Menachem Begin at Camp David. Begin did agree to turn over the Sinai to Egypt. Would that the Israelis had kept the peninsula! Carter, who one day will answer for his grotesque dislike of the Jewish state, continues to this day to be a crown of thorns in the side of the Israelis. As a pious Christian who loves to demonize Israel, Carter is probably unaware just how he is perceived by Jews, who have a long and bloody history at the hands of the Christians.

Carters pious, Sunday school teaching and smarmy books that masquerade under the banner of humanitarian initiatives will not be a shield on Judgment Day.

Even Ronald Reagan recognized the PLO and sowed the seeds for the Palestinian Authority to emerge, with the help of the George H.W. Bush administration, a real foe of Israel, let me tell you.

Bill Clinton knew perfectly well what Arafat and the PLO/PA were up to, but he didnt care. Another narcissist, he fancied himself as a Nobel Prize winner and if that meant squeezing Israel and hating Bibi Netanyahu, well, thats what hed do.

Obama is the latest Oval Office occupant to walk the same well-worn path. I would bet a million dollars that if he were confronted with the biblical promises to the Jews, in private, he would laugh. I guarantee it. For him, the Bible is as supernatural and relevant as an old copy of Look magazine. His team of Marxists and socialists are in actual fact ideologically aligned with the old PLO in ways most of us will never understand.

So it painfully goes with American interference. Weekly, our government issues inane, repetitive statements about the Middle East. Hillary Clinton urges Arabs to tone-down the rhetoric. Barack Obama urges the two sides to sit down in sincere efforts for peace.

Et cetera.

Et cetera.

Meanwhile, the jihadists build their garrison, brick-by-brick.

Two dates in 1994 stand out as dark days for real peace efforts. The Gaza-Jericho agreement of May 4, and the Transfer of Power (from Israel to the PLO/PA) of August 29 are permanent stains on the history of the United States, for our involvement in bringing them about.

The idea that a republic, founded on principles of freedom and safety for its civilians, would knowingly hand over parts of Israels biblical homeland to a killing machine like Yasser Arafat is impossible to process. Those two 1994 agreements were a prelude to Arafat riding triumphant into Gaza and Jericho, a powerful symbol to the jihadists he led until his overdue death in 2004.

Those of us who watch the Arab-Israel peace process closely see a constant drumbeat of mind-numbing repetitiveness. Are Western interlocuters simply naïve, or is there some malevolent method behind the madness?

For my part, I shout it is the latter. People like Obama, with their urbane manner and education, are too smart not to know whats going on. Take for example, the pattern of slapping Syrias hand, then holding onto it like Liberace greeting a young male model.

Syria has always been our enemy and always will be. The government hates Americans, hates Israel, and engages in mischief constantly. As the Iraq war began in 2003, the Americans knew Syria was smuggling weapons to Iraqi terrorists. The Syrians have provided logistical aid and more to Hezbollah, the terrorist group responsible for, among other things, the bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut in 1983.

In April, 1986, terrorist Nizar Hindawi attempted to blow up an Israeli El Al plane in London. He was caught hiding in the home of an attaché with the Syrian embassy!

Bashar Assad, a thug in an expensive suit, replaced his thankfully dead father and in 2002 took the opportunity to upbraid the elderly pope with a classic anti-Semitic theme revolving around how the Jews allegedly killed Christ. The old man, in a shriveled body but with a clear mind, sat there and took it.

In a superb book that I highly recommend for lay audiences wanting to familiarize themselves with the complexities of the Middle East, author Yitschak Ben Gad provides fascinating detail into the various failed peace initiatives that have sucked-up American taxpayer money and oceans of energy.

Ben Gads The Roadmap to Nowhere details such frustrating failures as the Wye River Memorandum of 1998, in which Clinton squeezed Netanyahu to help out Arafat. Point Four of the memorandum, as just one example, required the Palestinians to apprehend terrorists planning attacks on Israelis. Seriously, cant you just see the Palestinians holding themselves, then exploding in laughter when everyone else left the room?

The Roadmap to Nowhere is invaluable, if one wishes to understand the background of the region, and understand the players and motivations of said players. I refer to it again and again. Chapter Seven America As Mideast Broker is worth the price of the book.

The Arabs, the State Department, the British Foreign Office, CNN, Preterists, and many others may think they are right about Israel. I know that they are not, and you know it, too. The nations may rage, but one day they will gasp and beg Israels forgiveness.

It will be too late.

Jim@prophecymatters.com

Taken From RaptureReady.com

Pastor Jack Howell

June 14th, 2010, 1:38 pm #2

do the sums. JB

June 14th, 2010, 1:39 pm #3

But you will soon learn how wrong and ignorant you are.

Pastor Jack Howell

June 14th, 2010, 1:41 pm #4

Jun 14, 2010

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Palestine

Regnerys terrific PiG book series, dedicated to subjects that get under the skin of liberals (The Politically Incorrect Guide to Hunting, etc.) should include The Politically Incorrect Guide to Palestine. Given the fact that the left keeps referring to a country that doesnt exist, the book would no doubt be a bestseller.

Just one entry could deal with the Palestinians disingenuous international media campaign.

Everyone knows about the flotilla fiasco a couple weeks back, when Israeli commandos boarded a humanitarian ship bound for Gaza. Nine activists were killed after they attacked the soldiers.

The Arab media spin since then reminds me of the classic maneuvers by Uncle Yasser Arafat, who never missed an opportunity to lie so that others might die.

In 2000, when Ariel Sharon simply visited Jerusalems Temple Mount, the Palestinians rioted and people were killed in the riots. There was no reason for them, save Arafats desire to use the visit as a pretext for violence.

The same tactic is being used by his successor, Mahmoud Abbas, who works closely with other Arab groups to undermine Israel at every turn.

A recent editorial in The Economist blamed Israel, again. For 20 years, there has been an endless cycle of media blame of Israel, political blame of Israel, and cultural blame of Israel.

Yet the real facts surrounding the flotilla raid reveal that those aboard the ship had planned the deadly clash, in order to gain worldwide sympathy. As it has for 40 years, the tactic worked.

Crew members on the Mavi Marmara began preparing two hours before the confrontation with IDF troops. The Turkish Islamist group IHH, with full backing from the Turkish government, maintained control of the ship and helped arm the crew with weapons, including a section of the ships railing that was sawed into clubs.

About 40 members of the IHH controlled the ships crew and when Israeli naval commandos boarded, the mood on the ship was tense. Shortly, the melee ensued and the IHH had its international story.

It is important to remember that this type of action has far-reaching effects. Not only do international media figures condemn Israel, under the guise of news stories, editorials, and feature articles, such a story inflames Israels other enemies, including, for example, American mainline church officials.

In a story from the United Methodist News Service, we read this:

WASHINGTON (UMNS) The United Methodist Board of Church and Society has joined other church groups in condemning the May 31 interception of six vessels carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza, resulting in nine deaths. Jim Winkler, the boards chief executive, called the Israeli troops boarding of the Freedom Flotilla in international waters symptomatic of a broader, hopelessly flawed policy by Israel to subjugate the Palestinian people, allegedly to protect its own security. Defending the action, the Israeli government has said its blockade was necessary to protect Israel against the infiltration into Gaza of weapons and fighters sponsored by Iran.

The World Council of Churches, U.S. National Council of Churches, Churches for Middle East Peace and leaders of the Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, United Church of Christ and Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) also expressed alarm over Israels actions against the flotilla.

Winkler is a long-time foe of Israel, and from his well-funded perch, routinely condemns Israel a curious agenda for an American church official facing severe denominational losses and the ever-important apportionments, which help fund such activities as Winklers personal grudge against the Jewish state.

One can see that an insidious outcome of the incident aboard the Mavi Marmara is that political and media fallout for Israel is made worse by the effects it has on the church world.

I was speaking this week with a friend who works for a major Bible prophecy ministry. He told me that in a recent conversation with one of his children, he discovered that the two dont share the same view of the Arab-Israeli conflict, in that the child does not believe that the majority of Palestinians have an inbred hatred of Jews.

This is but one small story that illustrates my contention that support for Israel is eroding, even among American Christians. What will happen when the older generations staunch friends of Israel die off?

The truth is, a comprehensive group of international leftists lie constantly about Israel. This drip, drip, drip extending over decades has brought Israel to its present moment of peril.

A sign of hope for me these past weeks is that Benjamin Netanyahu did not back down from the global sharks, including the American president, who condemned his nation in the aftermath of the flotilla incident. The Israeli premier sent commandos right back to another attempt by the Arabs to smuggle into Gaza.

Let us hope this is an additional signal that a much higher-stakes decision regarding Iran will be buttressed with similar resolve, and soon.

jim@prophecymatters.com

Jun 7, 2010

No One is Forgotten

Frances Gifford was what many would consider a B actress in Hollywood, during the World War II era. Pretty and statuesque, she appeared in several films, including a role in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, with Jimmy Stewart.

Married from 1938 to 1942, Ms. Gifford apparently never had children.

In 1948, she was involved in a car accident and suffered severe head injuries. A fan site online tells us that she was not heard from publicly until 1983; shed been placed in a state mental hospital for 20 years! Upon release, she found work at the Pasadena public library, and she died in 1994.

One wonders if anyone visited her between 1958 and 1978. What did she think of President Kennedys assassination? Did she watch the variety television programs of the late 60s and 70s? How was it she was able to recover?

I mention this woman because to most, she is forgotten. Thousands of actors worked in Hollywood in those years and thousands of films were made. Frances Gifford is probably remembered by a hardcore film buff like Martin Scorcese, but thatd be about it.

The point Id like to make is that, although I dont know her religious persuasion, Frances Gifford was not forgotten by her Creator. We can only speculate about the depth of Gods love.

Whenever I see a person like Frances Gifford, I think of Israel. Tiny, constantly besieged Israel. On their own. Individual Jews have been forgotten for centuries, and many of them died alone or in mass graves. Israel herself has been abandoned almost countless times, most recently in our era, such as during the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War. Sure, America intervened in 73 (if you ever want to be inspired and understand the supernatural nature of things, read an account of Nixon ordering airlifts to Israel, over the objections of his advisors!)

Today of course, Israel has been abandoned by the nations, who grovel before the desert sheikhs, who sit on oil coveted by thirsty superpowers.

But remember what the Lord said in Isaiah 49:16: See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

What a lovely reality. Perhaps one can be forgiven for imagining the Lord turning His hands over, looking at Israel set permanently there. Although it is dreadfully difficult for people to understand how God could allow evil, we know from Scripture that even in the darkest days, the Jews were not forgotten by God.

As Benjamin Netanyahu makes the highest-stakes decisions every day, we see this week that the Jewish state is being threatened diplomatically and militarily. George Mitchell, Barack Obamas Middle East envoy an utter failure and complete waste of taxpayer money has announced that at the proper time, he will set a deadline for the Israelis and Palestinians to reach an agreement. Already we know that the Palestinians are roaming through the West Bank, setting up institutions for governing, so that at the appointed time, they can simply declare a state.

Mitchell compares this effort at peace-making to his 1998 deal brokered between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland. As if theres any comparison. In the Middle East, he is dealing with unreachable Islamists who have sworn to destroy Israel.

Then we have Hezbollahs Sheikh Nasrallah threatening to sink Israeli ships in the event of war. What a punk.

So Israel is in a dangerous position and many Israelis probably feel that theyve been forgotten. Boy, if they only knew.

All this of course applies to us as individuals. If God has kept Israel all this time and He clearly has then He is well able to keep you to the end.

I believe that with all my heart, soul, and spirit.

jim@prophecymatters.com

May 31, 2010

Doctrines of Demons

(In recent weeks, hundreds of you have responded that youd be interested in hearing our pro Israel/Bible prophecy speakers in your church or other host venue see www.prophecymatters.com for details. In order to get plugged into our calendar, email or call us for details: jim@prophecymatters.com; 870.480.2328)

I need some prayer warriors. At Prophecy Matters, we dont ask for money. We are not a non-profit, but we are also affiliated with the apologetics publishing group, Icon (www.iconpublishinggroup.com), and its pro Israel Balfour Books imprint (www.balfourstore.com). I would like to invite you to support us through our books, which is increasingly important since our material is unashamedly conservative and therefore not always well-received in certain mainstream Christian venues.

In any event, I mention all this because our pro Israel and pro prophecy activism routinely invites what I can only describe as spiritual warfare. I am writing this from the Charlotte airport where I was en-route to a weekend seminar at a wonderful church in Kentucky. I almost wasnt surprised that bad weather cancelled all flights, so my trip was scrapped and Im headed home. This is the second time in six months my trip to this particular church has been derailed by bad weather. Someone there needs to hear our message!

I have been involved in other ministry ventures over the years, and have spent 17 years in the Christian book publishing industry. I have never seen opposition to a message like I have the pro Israel message. Strange things happen out of the blue. Dissension. Competing agendas. Ive even seen more than I care to of anti-Semitism in publishing.

When I worked for Master Books, the large creationist publisher they do fantastic stuff and I encourage you to support them we encountered opposition from evolutionists and liberal Christians. But I never encountered serious spiritual warfare with books until we started Balfour Books in 2003. I purchased BB from my former employer last year and have spent some months getting it into position. We have some great projects coming the balance of this year, and our new title from Dr. Alex Grobman, The Palestinian Right to Israel, is superb. It is a tremendous, historical defense of Israels right to the land.

But let me share some behind-the-scenes things with you. The book was to launch April 15, but twice the shipment was late and re-routed. Covers were damaged on the truck and the printer sent replacement covers. When we received them, I was crestfallen and astonished. Thrown haphazardly into a cardboard box, the replacement covers were scuffed and bent!

I have found this is typical of what happens to Balfour Books, and I think its because BB is the only exclusively pro Israel publisher around. As believing Christians who support the Jewish people, most of us believe in spiritual warfare and enmity. For me, it used to be more theory than reality. Not anymore.

Once, in contact with a highly placed Israeli who was interested in publishing with us, I typed a reply to his email, hit send and watched my computer have a meltdown. I was able to retrieve some of the data, but it was a virtual disaster.

My speaking event this weekend was a pro Israel, pro Bible prophecy venue. Someone didnt want it to happen.

Typical. Im reminded of these things during weekends like this, when flight delays make it difficult to reach speaking destinations, or just to get home at all!

There are other fronts in this battle. There are so many difficulties in pro Israel ministry that the biblical phrase doctrines of demons comes to mind. I firmly believe that the greatest battlefield in the world today is in the ideological worldview regarding Israel. The enemy works tirelessly to thwart this work 24/7.

As Ive written quite a bit recently, Christian leadership in America is turning away from the Jewish state. Some are doing it subtly, some not-so-subtly. Then there are the apologetics ministries who are not friendly to what we do.

Over the years, Ive worked with many, many ministries, most of them in the apologetics realm. I know a lot of them personally, and understand their personal agendas. We all have agendas, and you are reading mine today.

What Ive discovered is that whenever I bring up support of Israel with many of these ministry friends, there is a sudden chill in the room. I have lost friends, not intentionally.

There are myriad reasons for this. Some ministries use the poor judgment of some Bible prophecy teachers (date-setters) to bash and tar-and-feather anyone in that community. Pro Israel activism and the study of Bible prophecy go hand-in-hand, as you well know. So many ministries and Christian leaders ever more mindful of avoiding controversial subjects as they pad their church attendance in order to achieve mega-church status have given us the cold shoulder when Ive inquired about possible interest in what we do.

A dislike of Israel and Jews is a serious problem today in American Christianity. I am experiencing this in tangible ways right now. Beyond all the things Ive just mentioned, you would not believe the chilly reception we get from traditional, mainstream, Christian book-buying channels.

Thats why Im asking you to help support what we do, whether thats booking our pro Israel seminars, or buying our books. Youll notice on RaptureReadys homepage that there is an ad link for Balfour Books. I am convinced there is a powerful and huge grassroots movement out there that embraces Israel and Bible prophecy, which is under attack as never before (you only have to read what both the right and left in Christian circles writes, ranging from Brian McLaren to Pat Buchanan).

There are Calvary Chapels that support Israel and some of you read Israel Watch weekly. There are independent churches and even some denominational ones that support what we do. I hear from people all over the world.

So I ask again: support us in whatever way you see fit. But above all much above all I am asking for your prayer warrior support as we go forward.

A long time ago, I made a decision that I would support Israel no matter what, and I crossed that river, never looking back. I decided that I would unashamedly proclaim wherever I could that all the Bible is true, from Genesis to Revelation, and that it isnt a book of myth and poor historical research, but rather the Word of the Living God.

In our little corner of the world, it is sometimes lonely. However, it is also a great privilege. Wherever you are, in a large church or small, or no church at all, check out what we do and consider to what degree you can be involved in our work.

Most of all, pray.

jim@prophecymatters.com

May 24, 2010

The New Apostasy Frontier

It is quite ironic that while a member of the left like Noam Chomsky would reject biblical truth, especially as it relates to Israel being a fulfillment of predictive prophecy, Chomsky himself unknowingly affirms many of those very prophecies.

This past week, Chomsky, a linguistics professor at MIT, was denied entrance into Israel, where he was due to give a lecture to students at Bir Zeit University, near the West Bank city of Ramallah; the institution is a hot-bed of Palestinian activism.

Instead, Chomsky gave the lecture via video link from Amman, Jordan, no doubt a country with which the leftwing Chomsky is rather chummy, given his anti-American, anti-Israel rantings of the past half-century.

Speaking to the press, Chomsky had this to say:

He told the paper that Israel's behaviour reminded him of that of South Africa in the 1960s, when it realised it was already considered a pariah, but thought it would resolve the problem with better public relations.

Israel as pariah. How interesting that the linguistics professor, who understands language so well, would use that term to describe the only progressive society in the Middle East. Chomsky, you see, has never had the privilege of living in a totalitarian state. Rather, he writes lovingly of them from the brutal confines of dark and ghastly America.

(Youll appreciate, I hope, that the preceding sentence was tongue-in-cheek.)

When Zechariah (and other prophets) wrote thousands of years ago that, in effect, Israel would one day find herself a pariah in the international community and be the target of a globally coordinated attack, the very thought seemed preposterous.

Now, not only is the idea of Israel as black-sheep outsider plausible, it is reality. When radical Muslims the world over are blowing people up, it is easier for dream-catcher thinkers like Chomsky to pontificate against the victim, in this case, Israel.

Chomsky has long raged against American and Israeli actions to defend themselves, or others who are being brutalized by various thug regimes. It is also interesting to note that a guy like Chomsky can criticize, say, the dropping of atomic bombs on Japan to prevent a million American soldiers from invading the homeland. Again, its easy to criticize when you havent fought for your country. Notice that the guys who gave us our freedom, with their blood, come home and keep their mouths shut and work hard for their families, while radical anti-Americans like Chomsky also share that freedom, and repay our boys by bashing them. In the same way he treats the IDF with disdain, and it is probably the most moral fighting force in world history.

In human terms, Israel is in peril. Physical, political, and moral dangers surround her like a pack of jackals.

Although I probably sound like Im not making sense to many when I sound-off about American Christianity. Its just that after observing things for well over a decade, Ive concluded that the great shift in dialogue has occurred, in which origins issues are now somewhat mainstream thanks to the efforts of groups like ICR and Creation Ministries International. They have made creationism much more accepted.

Now, the debate within the Church and wider society is, what to do about Israel? I maintain, though it may not be a popular position, that support for Israel is weakening, in terms of numbers and influencers especially influencers. A prediction: most if not all major ministry leaders in the U.S. in the next decade will abandon Israel.

It is already becoming politically expedient for them to do so. For example, Rick Warren is no friend of Bible prophecy; by extension, I maintain he is no friend of Israel (see his chummy visit with Syrian dictator Bashar Assad a couple years ago).

Now, Warren has so infected the Southern Baptist Convention, that whatever he says, thousands of pastors are going to do. Not all, but many. Watch for leaders like him to subtly move away from Israel.

And Christians on the left, like Tony Campolo and Brian McLaren, would no doubt be friendly with Chomsky; he shares their worldview.

But when it comes to Israel, they also share the same worldview with increasing numbers of American Christian leaders. There is latent anti-Semitism running through these ranks.

One of the overriding reasons for this is that Palestinian propaganda is working. The Palestinians send speakers into American churches and there they spread the Palestinian narrative, which usually involves hard-to-document stories of Israeli abuse of Arabs. For example, church audiences are told horrific tales of Israeli abuse of Palestinian Christians. But are the stories true?

In many cases, they are not. The American mind cannot wrap itself around the idea that some people lie. Youd be shocked if you knew how much the Arabs lie about Israel.

The corrosive effect in the church is that leaders begin to turn away from the Jewish state. It is then a short step to Israel becoming a pariah.

Just as Zechariah predicted.

jim@prophecymatters.com

May 17, 2010

Muhammads Monsters

Given that front groups, populated by elegant men wearing suits, have worked for decades to infiltrate America and Israel from within to promote terrorismI was reminded recently of Israels constant battle against jihadists.

With the Pakistani-American attempting to detonate a car bomb in Times Square, we need to be aware that Jihad in America has already been here for some time.

Perhaps the best book Ive read on the subject, Muhammads Monsters, by Haifa University professor David Bukay, brings together a whole host of terrorism experts. As Bukay himself has stated, Islam is standing up, meaning this war movement is flexing its muscles.

That is a chilling thought.

With the acceleration of the jihadist plan since the 9/11 attacks, we are truly living in a new era. Israel of course has been living with this always; pre-state, there were regular acts of violence committed against Jewish immigrants to Palestine. As the fledgling Jewish state gathered itself and matured in the decades following its 1948 establishment, cross-border raids from various terror factions intensified, particularly among the fedayeen (freedom fighters ridiculous) from Egypt.

After 9/11, Muslim cleric Sheikh Ibrahim Mahdi said the following, on Palestinian Authority Television:

All weapons must be aimed at the Jews, at the enemies of Allah, the cursed nation in the Quran, whom the Quran describes as monkeys and pigsWe will blow them up in Hadera, we will blow them up in Tel Aviv and in NetanyaWe bless all those who educate their children to jihad and to martyrdom.

What a sick freak.

One of the things important to understand in Mahdis statement is that he referenced three Israeli citiesthree cities in Israel proper. In other words, they arent in the disputed territories. This is a key indication that the Arabs want all of Israel.

Tellingly, both the Egyptian and Jordanian press wrote about nefarious Zionist plots after 9/11, and this is significant because, remember, Democratic Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton presided over formal peace agreements between Israel and those nations, in 1979 and 1994, respectively. In fact, the latter, ruled by King Hussein, was considered to be somewhat of an elegant, progressive reformer in the Arab world. Yet Hussein and his successor son, Abdullah, thought nothing of allowing the most putrid forms of anti-Semitic filth in the official press.

It is a given that other surrounding nations Lebanon, Syria, Iraq are aggressively anti-Israel.

And let me tell you something, my friends, this jihad against Israel has now gone global, make not mistake. Read this carefully! Only this week, a Free Gaza organization is coordinating a flotilla of aid to be sent to the Gaza Strip (so much for Ariel Sharons pullout, which was supposed to have been a goodwill gesture to the world). The departure points?

Ireland (Port of Dundalk), Greece, Turkey, and Cypress! Ireland!

One of the ships is named the Rachel Corrie, in honor of the activist who was killed when she stood in front of the home of Palestinian pharmacist Samir Nasrallah, as an Israeli bulldozer demolished the structure, in 2003. Corrie, with the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), has become a symbol to anti-Israel activists around the world. One wonders how she would feel about being a symbol for the murder of Israelis, although plenty of liberal American and European Christians no doubt would think it just fine.

Officially, the flotilla of ships is carrying 900 passengers journalists, activists, and medical personnel although no passenger lists have been made public.

There is of course nothing wrong with legitimate aid. But when Hamas is announced as taking part in the operation, one wonders what kind of aid is being delivered.

Years ago, when folks mocked Bible prophecy students and teachers for insisting that at a future date, the whole world would be against IsraelBible believers knew history would vindicate them. That day has come.

Beyond the sympathy for the Palestinians elicited in far-flung places like Ireland, there is a flexing of jihad muscle in Southeast Asia, as well. A decade ago, the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir saw 3,288 of its citizens butchered in the terror campaign in which the Muslim majority state sought secession from the Indian Union.

Most people dont know that South Asia has the largest concentration of Muslims in the world over 400 million! We can internalize the fact that Israel is surrounded by hostile Muslim nations, but when you consider that countries like Bangladesh and Pakistan are over 90 percent Muslimall of a sudden, the 200-million-man army spoken of in Revelation is not silly after all.

At the Tulsa Prophecy Conference this past week, hosted by Phillip Goodmans Prophecy Watch ministry (one of the front-line apologist groups standing against paganism in our world), the speakers and attendees had a heightened sense that something is in the offing.

With Iran, southeast Asia, Europe, and sadly, growing segments of the West turning against Israel, it isnt hard to see whats on the horizon.

As Hillary Clinton insists on strengthened sanctions against Iran, which no doubt make the Persian leadership laugh, the Palestinians are marking Nakba Day, the Catastrophe. What catastrophe are they noting? Why, the establishment of the state of Israel, of course.

These are not peace-loving people. They are barbarians, a frenzied people presided over by a sophisticated killing machine, the Palestinian Authority. They are monsters.

Muhammad rides again.

The whole world is on a war-footing.

jim@prophecymatters.com

May 10, 2010

The Fox and the Phoenix

Elie Wiesel is a wonderful man. A survivor of the Holocaust, the event that defined him and millions more, Wiesel has more toughness in a hangnail than most of us have in our entire bodies.

So it is that his mood after a recent lunch with Barack Obama leaves me saddened. Wiesel believes that U.S.-Israel relations are okay again after a recent spat, in which Obama bared his fangs over Jewish homes being built in east Jerusalem.

This is pretentious speculating on my part, but I believe that certain Jews I consider them to be the most noble people on the planet are so puzzled by hatred toward their people, that they look for the good wherever they can find it.

Problem for Wiesel is, anti-Semites dont embody good. And this is a theological tangent, but the concept of human good is not supported by the Bible. The fallout from the Fall in Genesis produced a human race tainted by pride and selfishness, qualities that are accelerating in their impact, in our day.

Elie Wiesel, a phoenix who rose from the literal ashes of the Holocaust, still had no clue what he was dealing with during his luncheon with the young fox, Obama. The former is a symbol of whatever good man has possessed in his tortured time on Earth; the latter is a deeply antagonistic foe of Israel.

Let me say this clearly: Obama, as a narcissist, has no ones best interests at heart. To think that he would go out on a limb and support Israel in any way in a world reeling from the virus of anti-Semitism is ludicrous. In fact, he does the opposite. Obamas anti-Israel attitude is deep and abiding. The sooner supporters of Israel internalize that, the sooner we can formulate plausible action plans to deal with the reality.

Jew-haters are wolves who, from time to time, lay back their ears and whine softly, like some helpless animal. Their malevolence only manifests itself when its too late for the victim to react to the reality.

Take the various peace initiatives tossed out by past U.S. administrations.

After the Six Day War, most people werent aware that a multitude of peace proposals were tossed-out by the Israelis, to the Arabs. The U.S. always latched onto these and amplified them, like an obnoxious smart kid in a class of equals. After a decade of Arab nastiness, the Israelis began settling the biblical heartland, a fact I never tire of mulling over. How delicious that mans pride, this time in the form of Arab arrogance, has served as the catalyst for biblical prophecy to be fulfilled!

Lyndon Johnsons administration understood that UN Resolution 242, which called for Israel to return territories, not the territories, could serve as a peace settlement. Needles to say, and this is key to understanding the Arab and Iranian mindset, nothing short of all of the land will satisfy. The Arabs literally want to see all of Israel disappear.

Richard Nixon was no Jew-lover, but he did send planeloads of military hardware to Israel at the height of the Yom Kippur War.

Jimmy Carter, in his maliciousness, sought to bring Israel to her knees by strong-arming Menachem Begin at Camp David. Begin did agree to turn over the Sinai to Egypt. Would that the Israelis had kept the peninsula! Carter, who one day will answer for his grotesque dislike of the Jewish state, continues to this day to be a crown of thorns in the side of the Israelis. As a pious Christian who loves to demonize Israel, Carter is probably unaware just how he is perceived by Jews, who have a long and bloody history at the hands of the Christians.

Carters pious, Sunday school teaching and smarmy books that masquerade under the banner of humanitarian initiatives will not be a shield on Judgment Day.

Even Ronald Reagan recognized the PLO and sowed the seeds for the Palestinian Authority to emerge, with the help of the George H.W. Bush administration, a real foe of Israel, let me tell you.

Bill Clinton knew perfectly well what Arafat and the PLO/PA were up to, but he didnt care. Another narcissist, he fancied himself as a Nobel Prize winner and if that meant squeezing Israel and hating Bibi Netanyahu, well, thats what hed do.

Obama is the latest Oval Office occupant to walk the same well-worn path. I would bet a million dollars that if he were confronted with the biblical promises to the Jews, in private, he would laugh. I guarantee it. For him, the Bible is as supernatural and relevant as an old copy of Look magazine. His team of Marxists and socialists are in actual fact ideologically aligned with the old PLO in ways most of us will never understand.

So it painfully goes with American interference. Weekly, our government issues inane, repetitive statements about the Middle East. Hillary Clinton urges Arabs to tone-down the rhetoric. Barack Obama urges the two sides to sit down in sincere efforts for peace.

Et cetera.

Et cetera.

Meanwhile, the jihadists build their garrison, brick-by-brick.

Two dates in 1994 stand out as dark days for real peace efforts. The Gaza-Jericho agreement of May 4, and the Transfer of Power (from Israel to the PLO/PA) of August 29 are permanent stains on the history of the United States, for our involvement in bringing them about.

The idea that a republic, founded on principles of freedom and safety for its civilians, would knowingly hand over parts of Israels biblical homeland to a killing machine like Yasser Arafat is impossible to process. Those two 1994 agreements were a prelude to Arafat riding triumphant into Gaza and Jericho, a powerful symbol to the jihadists he led until his overdue death in 2004.

Those of us who watch the Arab-Israel peace process closely see a constant drumbeat of mind-numbing repetitiveness. Are Western interlocuters simply naïve, or is there some malevolent method behind the madness?

For my part, I shout it is the latter. People like Obama, with their urbane manner and education, are too smart not to know whats going on. Take for example, the pattern of slapping Syrias hand, then holding onto it like Liberace greeting a young male model.

Syria has always been our enemy and always will be. The government hates Americans, hates Israel, and engages in mischief constantly. As the Iraq war began in 2003, the Americans knew Syria was smuggling weapons to Iraqi terrorists. The Syrians have provided logistical aid and more to Hezbollah, the terrorist group responsible for, among other things, the bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut in 1983.

In April, 1986, terrorist Nizar Hindawi attempted to blow up an Israeli El Al plane in London. He was caught hiding in the home of an attaché with the Syrian embassy!

Bashar Assad, a thug in an expensive suit, replaced his thankfully dead father and in 2002 took the opportunity to upbraid the elderly pope with a classic anti-Semitic theme revolving around how the Jews allegedly killed Christ. The old man, in a shriveled body but with a clear mind, sat there and took it.

In a superb book that I highly recommend for lay audiences wanting to familiarize themselves with the complexities of the Middle East, author Yitschak Ben Gad provides fascinating detail into the various failed peace initiatives that have sucked-up American taxpayer money and oceans of energy.

Ben Gads The Roadmap to Nowhere details such frustrating failures as the Wye River Memorandum of 1998, in which Clinton squeezed Netanyahu to help out Arafat. Point Four of the memorandum, as just one example, required the Palestinians to apprehend terrorists planning attacks on Israelis. Seriously, cant you just see the Palestinians holding themselves, then exploding in laughter when everyone else left the room?

The Roadmap to Nowhere is invaluable, if one wishes to understand the background of the region, and understand the players and motivations of said players. I refer to it again and again. Chapter Seven America As Mideast Broker is worth the price of the book.

The Arabs, the State Department, the British Foreign Office, CNN, Preterists, and many others may think they are right about Israel. I know that they are not, and you know it, too. The nations may rage, but one day they will gasp and beg Israels forgiveness.

It will be too late.

Jim@prophecymatters.com

Taken From RaptureReady.com

Pastor Jack Howell

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THIS JERUSALEM isn't here yet where most of ISRAEL CAN SEE IT or where the CHURCH can see it either even though they claim to be in the NEW TESTAMENT:

THIS IS MY JERUSALEM

till this happens, there will be no peace in the earthly Jerusalem

and even when this does happen, NOTICE what remains OUTSIDE

verse 8 just in case you want to make note:

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rev 21:9 ¶ And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light [was] like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, [and] had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are [the names] of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred [and] forty [and] four cubits, [according to] the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was [of] jasper: and the city [was] pure gold, like unto clear glass.

Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city [were] garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation [was] jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates [were] twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city [was] pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

Rev 21:22 ¶ And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.

Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

June 14th, 2010, 1:43 pm #5

But you will soon learn how wrong and ignorant you are.

Pastor Jack Howell
anything that happens in Israel determines a prophetic clock. Give us your thoughts and not somebody elses. JB

June 14th, 2010, 1:48 pm #6

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THIS JERUSALEM isn't here yet where most of ISRAEL CAN SEE IT or where the CHURCH can see it either even though they claim to be in the NEW TESTAMENT:

THIS IS MY JERUSALEM

till this happens, there will be no peace in the earthly Jerusalem

and even when this does happen, NOTICE what remains OUTSIDE

verse 8 just in case you want to make note:

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rev 21:9 ¶ And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light [was] like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, [and] had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are [the names] of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred [and] forty [and] four cubits, [according to] the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was [of] jasper: and the city [was] pure gold, like unto clear glass.

Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city [were] garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation [was] jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates [were] twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city [was] pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

Rev 21:22 ¶ And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.

Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
It is YOUR TWSITED AND DISTORTED version of Jerusalem, but not the Jerusalem of the Bible, whether it be the old Jerusalem or the coming New Jerusalem. Unless you repent and come to the TRUE Jesus of the Bible, YOU WILL HAVE NO PART IN IT.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liarstheir place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death" (Revelation 21:8).

"Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27).

Pastor Jack Howell

June 14th, 2010, 1:49 pm #7

I used scripture to show what my Jerusalem is and you said yes, but its not in the Bible?

you are strange but to each his own
Last edited by Harpazo on June 14th, 2010, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

June 14th, 2010, 1:50 pm #8

It is YOUR TWSITED AND DISTORTED version of Jerusalem, but not the Jerusalem of the Bible, whether it be the old Jerusalem or the coming New Jerusalem. Unless you repent and come to the TRUE Jesus of the Bible, YOU WILL HAVE NO PART IN IT.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liarstheir place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death" (Revelation 21:8).

"Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27).

Pastor Jack Howell
Give us your personal view and not the view of others. JB

June 14th, 2010, 1:50 pm #9

anything that happens in Israel determines a prophetic clock. Give us your thoughts and not somebody elses. JB
You do it yourself continually with your ignorant posts which reveal a total lack of knowledge and understanding of the Word of God which also reveals who your spiritual father is, who is none other than satan.

Pastor Jack Howell

June 14th, 2010, 1:53 pm #10

The bible says we should always be ready to answer. I look forward to you presenting a case of Israel being a prophetic clock in the context of the article you posted. JB