Is prayer

Is prayer

Joy
Joy

February 6th, 2011, 6:38 pm #1

just mind over matter?

February 6th, 2011, 6:44 pm #2

Seems a good parallel. Does it always work? No. Can it hurt? Well, sometimes yes. If you're convinced that your thought or prayer will have a certain outcome, and thus plan according to that outcome , it can be hurtful.

JVH

February 6th, 2011, 6:59 pm #3

just mind over matter?
just mind over matter?--

I think 'prayer' is meant (to cause "the mind") to influence "matter" towards a desired effect.

-it is not what you know that matters, it is what you can show true that does - after all .....
truth is demonstrably fact and fact is demonstrably true - everything else ..... mere opinion-

New!! Improved!! Now With T-Formula!!

February 7th, 2011, 12:03 am #4

just mind over matter?
talking to yourself ... primarily.

But there's plenty of power in that!

As psychologists will tell you, what you say to yourself is very important. If you speak negative things like, "I'm just so STUPID, STUPID STUPID!" ... guess what will happen? You'll shrink back from learning things, feel so insecure that you won't venture into any challenges and basically "obey" your own words.

When you pray to God though, are you going to say, "I'm so stupid, I'm such a failure etc."? Probably not. Probably you'll enunciate your problem and then offer a suggestion on how to fix it and then ask that your request will be granted. Well, when you do that -voice your thoughts and put your mind into listening mode ... or write your thoughts down and try to find a solution- quite often you'll GET an answer!

And that's essentially how prayer works.

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

-Vince

Joy
Joy

February 7th, 2011, 1:26 am #5

Essentially, you problem solve by identfying your problem and then think about solutions on how to fix it and then set your plan into action. Well, when you do that -voice your thoughts and put your mind into contemplating mode ... or write your thoughts down and try to find a solution- quite often you'll GET an answer!

And that's essentially how thinking works.

February 7th, 2011, 3:38 pm #6

just mind over matter?
... irrelevant.

If people want to pray, they are free to do so. But, basically, they are just talking to themselves.

"Work plus prayer equals crops. Work minus prayer equals crops. Therefore, prayer equals nothing." -- Farmer's Equation

"I've begun worshiping the Sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the Sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to God are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate." -- George Carlin

-----------------------------------------------
"The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible." -- Mark Twain

February 7th, 2011, 5:58 pm #7

if God looks to the heart, he isn't listening to our WORDS, but he does HEAR HIS WORD in our heart:

when we pray for Gods will (HIS WILL IS LOVE GOD AND YOUR NEIGHBOR as your self), we are answered:

if we pray with words and our heart is far from God, from the words we utter, we will not be answered:

every prayer from the heart is answered:

but what is the heart concerned with?

BLOOD SUPPLY....life.....the pump of life

God is looking at our PUMP (spiritually speaking) how much we PUMP out towards him and others:

towards him is for our sake and for others is also for our sake since we are ALL ONE

God is all in all

and when the heart knows and understands this knowledge, it is NEW and the PURE IN HEART shall see God

the pure in heart is when the DESIRE is towards GOD and for God (even for others since God is in us, awake or asleep)

waking up Jesus who is asleep in the hinder part (deepest subconscious) of the boat (soul) comes when the DISCIPLES shout out in fear of the storm

the storm is when the subconscious no longer serves the ego but instead it torments it with unfulfilled desires

that is when Jesus is called upon to calm this storm and he alone is able to do it

he is the NEW MAN in us, the SPIRIT MAN, the LIFE quickening Spirit, the Last Adam, the second man who is Lord from heaven:

Jesus Christ is the GIFT OF GOD to us to bring us back to God

the WORD OF GOD manifested in our flesh......to fulfill the will of God in us, renewing the heart and mind with NEW INFORMATION to transport us back to where we came from as prodigal sons who ran out of "riches" (spiritual light):

every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

Seoc Colla
Seoc Colla

February 7th, 2011, 6:30 pm #8

Or, it may simply refer to the heart chakra of that system.

February 7th, 2011, 6:50 pm #9

the heart chakra must be opened to function correctly:

in the Bible it speaks of this quite a bit, receiving a new heart, which is an OPEN HEART, but open to what? To the law of life which is LOVE

One story is about a Lady named Lydia (tribulation) of Thyratira (mourning) whose heart is opened and she is a seller of purple

the colors of the Bible are like the colors of the white light spectrum (Josephs coat of many colors), which is a way of saying that each color is a different level of REVELATION of that soul

purple is the combination of blue (water-sky-spiritual coolness)

and red (gevurah-judgment, blood, heat)

this combination is when the HEART is able to bear fire and water together.....neither cancelling the other out any longer

this is shown when they put the purple robe on Jesus; he was now called "BEHOLD THE MAN" by Pilate (judge)

the making of MAN is the opening of the heart

so the heart can RENEW the mind (represented by feet and mouth)

this is why we confess unto our salvation, or the MOUTH speaks out of the abundance of the heart

if the heart (chakra) is closed, then the heart does not UNDERSTAND the reality of life, understand the law of life which is love

the mind only thinks it does
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

February 7th, 2011, 7:48 pm #10

if God looks to the heart, he isn't listening to our WORDS, but he does HEAR HIS WORD in our heart:

when we pray for Gods will (HIS WILL IS LOVE GOD AND YOUR NEIGHBOR as your self), we are answered:

if we pray with words and our heart is far from God, from the words we utter, we will not be answered:

every prayer from the heart is answered:

but what is the heart concerned with?

BLOOD SUPPLY....life.....the pump of life

God is looking at our PUMP (spiritually speaking) how much we PUMP out towards him and others:

towards him is for our sake and for others is also for our sake since we are ALL ONE

God is all in all

and when the heart knows and understands this knowledge, it is NEW and the PURE IN HEART shall see God

the pure in heart is when the DESIRE is towards GOD and for God (even for others since God is in us, awake or asleep)

waking up Jesus who is asleep in the hinder part (deepest subconscious) of the boat (soul) comes when the DISCIPLES shout out in fear of the storm

the storm is when the subconscious no longer serves the ego but instead it torments it with unfulfilled desires

that is when Jesus is called upon to calm this storm and he alone is able to do it

he is the NEW MAN in us, the SPIRIT MAN, the LIFE quickening Spirit, the Last Adam, the second man who is Lord from heaven:

Jesus Christ is the GIFT OF GOD to us to bring us back to God

the WORD OF GOD manifested in our flesh......to fulfill the will of God in us, renewing the heart and mind with NEW INFORMATION to transport us back to where we came from as prodigal sons who ran out of "riches" (spiritual light):

... prayers are still answered at a 50% ratio.

Meaning, that when someone prays to their imaginary friend in the sky, asking them for special favors...

... they might as well just flip a coin.

-----------------------------------------------
"The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible." -- Mark Twain