Iglesia Ni cristo

Iglesia Ni cristo

June 11th, 2010, 2:22 pm #1

I am open to any suggestions on how to get my wife to leave the cult IGLESIA NI CRISTO.. This church refutes and denies that JESUS is God or even more than man.. They come up with their own erroneous doctrines concerning salvation and baptism and that they as a people are referred to in the BIBLE!! They were founded by a cult leader (felix manalo) with doctrines out of his own mind!! They are misleading many wonderful people with tactics of catholic bashing etc. She has been a member of the choir since a child and is now in her 50's so I know the task of getting her to leave is an arduous one.. She gives maybe 1/3 of her weekly income to this cult blinded by the crocodile-tear weeping ministers twisting bible verses handed down by a Church admistration that will not EVER address my countless citings of Bible verses that they either ignore or misinterpret!! I have cited her many bible verses that clearly state that JESUS is ETERNAL etc and she will listen and agree but when it comes time to attend worshop service she goes!! im saddened worried and frightened about her soul as i love her!! god bless

June 11th, 2010, 2:39 pm #2

your wife is receiving something from these people; understanding, fellowship, not to forget the "rooted" feeling of "this has to be true or everything could be false".

Jesus is MAN and perhaps what you need to do is understand HOW God "forms" Man out of CHRIST in us so that you can comprehend the stone that stumbles everyone, even self defined Christians.

Man is the image and likeness of God but that is not the first man who is only created in Gods image, and that image became corrupt;

the image is renewed when the LIKENESS of God comes on the scene and this is CHRIST who is formed into Jesus the MAN in Gods image and likeness

but where is this MAN? We are one with CHRIST so we become the "BODY OF THAT NEW MAN", and he becomes our head:

it is written, the head of the woman (soul) is the Man (Jesus)

and the head of the man is CHRIST

and the head of Christ is GOD

so therefore God is in Christ reconcilling all things to himself by being born of woman (soul) to rid us of the old man so he can marry us his bride, and we in turn become a light for the nations (mindsets) of the world:

the renewing of the mind comes after we receive a new heart

maybe your wife has a new heart but her mind is still not grasping the whole truth of what her heart has written in it:

maybe your heart needs to see her heart as clean instead of unclean:

remember that Love covers a multitude of sins and the vision of Peter with the white sheet (the soul) that comes down from heaven with all kinds of animals (DESIRES) in it, is called clean by God because of CHRIST in that soul

to the pure in heart all things are pure

now, in due time every eye shall see JESUS for who he is and every knee shall bow in his name and every tongue shall confess Jesus to the glory of the Father

don't hassle your wife, just pray for her that her eye is open but in the mean time, try to see where she is right....so you can help her overcome where she is wrong

if you just tell her she is wrong and her whole foundation is on this premise then she feels she has no advocate and she will cling tighter to these people:

evil is overcome by Good and only God is good

he will help you and he will not abandon your wife because her knowledge is not complete about Jesus

few people understand Jesus as of yet.....so we need to be patient with one another on this topic

he will have to reveal himself for us to really KNOW him completely:

actually the Father reveals Christ so that Christ can bring us back home to the FATHERS house, our inner Kingdom with its many places prepared for us;
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

June 11th, 2010, 2:53 pm #3

I dont tell her she is wrong by reponding to her with my own thoughts and ideas!! I cite exact bible verses like JESUS is ETERNAL.. and THE LAMB SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD! You must understand that if only one doctrine of a church is in contradiction to the WORD THE BIBLE.. the HOLY SPIRIT is not present.. if you know anything about this cult.. and the defintion of cult has its roots in denying JESUS IS GOd.. look at EMMANUEL meaning GOD AMONG US!! If you know anything about this church you will see they use 100's of different bible translations in any one wortship service focusing on the verses that harmonize with their out-of-mind theologies and doctrines.. My love for her is the driving force through God's inspiration to read her the bible daily and show her scriptures that INC NEVER cites!! to show her that the words CHURCH OF CHRIST and FAR EAST are never uttered in the original transcripts.. i have told her the error of FAITH and WORKS and that we are NEVER justified by OUR works but by the FAITH of JESUS! And that the Bible clearly states that faith is a work.. i rememeber as a kid that peoople had to actual be DEPROGRAMMED when they were MOONIES!1 God bless

June 11th, 2010, 2:57 pm #4

Jesus is BOTH God and MAN

he is not just God but GOD AND MAN.....think.....he is the LAST ADAM, the life quickening Spirit:

the spirit in him is God and the FORM OF HIM is MAN

now, what is MAN?

it is the image and LIKENESS OF GOD in a form: Remember Jesus said a spirit doesn't have flesh and bone as you see me have, right?

so, he has FORM but we don't know what that FORM OF THE LAST MAN WILL BE LIKE till we see him

that is written too:

June 11th, 2010, 3:20 pm #5

I am open to any suggestions on how to get my wife to leave the cult IGLESIA NI CRISTO.. This church refutes and denies that JESUS is God or even more than man.. They come up with their own erroneous doctrines concerning salvation and baptism and that they as a people are referred to in the BIBLE!! They were founded by a cult leader (felix manalo) with doctrines out of his own mind!! They are misleading many wonderful people with tactics of catholic bashing etc. She has been a member of the choir since a child and is now in her 50's so I know the task of getting her to leave is an arduous one.. She gives maybe 1/3 of her weekly income to this cult blinded by the crocodile-tear weeping ministers twisting bible verses handed down by a Church admistration that will not EVER address my countless citings of Bible verses that they either ignore or misinterpret!! I have cited her many bible verses that clearly state that JESUS is ETERNAL etc and she will listen and agree but when it comes time to attend worshop service she goes!! im saddened worried and frightened about her soul as i love her!! god bless
Salvation is of grace. God can see our hearts and doctrine isn't the be all and end all. Is she a kind and loving person? What are her fruits like? We see a lot of hateful people who believe in the Trinity, for example. So doctrine isn't all that important, but how we treat one another.

IGLESIA NI CRISTO, has some interesting beliefs. Nothing new, as I do believe some of these are quite common in other non-mainstream Christianities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iglesia_ni_Cristo#Beliefs

Beliefs

The INC holds beliefs that are unique and contrary to many established Christian denominations, placing it outside of what some define as traditional Christianity. [citation needed] Such beliefs include the denial of the trinity and the necessity of membership in the Church for salvation. They also believe that Felix Manalo is the angel mentioned in the Book of Revelation.
[edit] The True God

The first and foremost of the doctrines of the Iglesia is the belief that there is only one God, the Father.[4] The INC opposes the doctrine of the Trinity.

According to Iglesia doctrine, "the Father is the only true God, and Christ was sent by Him". The Church upholds that any beliefs that differ from this, such as the Trinity or the Mormon belief of Plurality of gods are simply wrong[4] and goes against biblical testimony. To them, there is no other place, be it in heaven or on earth where another God exists, other than the God they call "Lord God Almighty"[50] and that this belief is based on the Bible. They believe that this is the belief of "the people of God" even at the time of the prophets, and continued to the time of the apostles in the Christian era. They believe that this belief is the right knowledge and understanding concerning God.[51] They further believe that the doctrine of co-equal God's, be it as a three-person Trinity, or "plurality of Gods" contradicts this belief. The Church states that it believes in the one and only true God, the Father and "the Creator", and that this is the doctrine taught by Jesus Christ and his apostles. God is described as a spirit and therefore without flesh and bones, and is everlasting. It is further upheld God is immortal, all-knowing and does not get weary.[52]
[edit] Jesus Christ

The Iglesia has a number of beliefs concerning Jesus Christ that differs from most major Christian religions. (See Christology) They believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and was made Lord by God, but that He is not God or god-man (dual nature) as some churches believe. They assert that Jesus Christ never claimed or said that He was God but instead preached of a one true God, the Father in heaven. They believe that He (Jesus Christ) is a man in nature and state of being. To support this belief they point to several Bible verses which state that Christ experienced human experiences such as hunger, thirst and death, among others. However, they say Jesus Christ is distinct from other human beings in that He did not commit sins and was exalted by God. They also believe that Jesus Christ is the only Savior appointed by God and the only mediator between God and man.[53]

This Belief of the Iglesia is criticized by other religious groups. One of the criticisms from many religious groups say that the Iglesia does not give importance or honor to the Lord Jesus Christ. However, the Lord, God made Christ as the mediator between man and God, and Christ is the Savior of the Church. These are just some Doctrines that is taught by the church that they give proper honor and importance to the Lord Jesus Christ and that they obey what God commanded every member of the Church to accomplish.
[edit] The Holy Spirit

To the INC, the Holy Spirit is not a person or being but rather is the power of God sent to earth by Him. It is not referred to as God, nor is a part of God according to The Bible. They believe this Spirit is sent by God in the name of Jesus Christ to teach God's messengers of the meaning of God's words. According to them, the Holy Spirit is also sent to help God's people overcome their weaknesses, to strengthen, edify and comfort them.[53]
[edit] Unity

The believes that unity is an essential characteristic of "the one true church" and considers unity as a fundamental doctrine and upholds it faithfully. They say this doctrine traced its roots "in the history of God's people" as written in the Bible. Unity practiced by the Iglesia ni Cristo is not like that which is based on the mundane and ordinary, but based and founded on biblical teachings. It is upheld that the unity embraced by the Church is a distinctive mark of a true Christian Church and a unique and a striking characteristic of "the true Church". The Iglesia ni Cristo further states that this unity is distinct and exclusive and can only be found in the true Church and is nothing less that absolute. The Church describes this unity as one in doctrine, one in polity, one in faith, one in worship, and with one heart and one voice.[54]

In his argument to the lawsuit questioning religious organizations requiring their members to vote for a particular candidate, Executive Minister Erano Manalo argued that voting as a bloc is a manifestation of religious unity. He said that the Iglesia voting as one "give flesh to their belief that only by acting in unity with their brethren will they be truly faithful to the Church".[55]
[edit] Prophecy

The Iglesia Ni Cristo holds prophecies that is included in the INC doctrine and this is how they prove their doctrine and to prove the Iglesia Ni Cristo is the true church, they preach these prophecies to prove that the Iglesia Ni Cristo is the true Church and it was founded by Christ.

One of these prophecies is that the Iglesia Ni Cristo, which was founded by Christ, was foretold to turn back from being the chosen people of God by going in the ways and acts of the demons after the death of the disciples of Christ. They use verses in the Bible such the Acts of the Apostles and the Book of John. But as it was foretold that the first Christians would worship a false God, the Iglesia Ni Cristo also has the doctrine or the prophecy that the churches which were in the first century and in the time of the Apostles was prophesied to rise back to the end times of the earth, it would rise in the Far East, and would be brought to the west(Isaiah 43:5-6, Moffatt translation). Manalo proclaimed in 1921 that he was the fulfillment of Revelation 7:1-3 which speaks of the angel from the east.[56]

They also hold prophecies about World War I and World War II, one of which is that these were signs about the coming of the end of the earth and that these are the signs of a second coming of the true church and the second advent of Christ. Church members preach that signs would include huge earthquakes, rampant spread of poverty, pain, sorrow, starvation, etc. They use the New Testament, especially Matthew and Revelation to justify their opinion. Also, the church has a prophecy about the advent of Christ. To fulfill this prophecy, according to the teachings of Iglesia Ni Cristo, the Gospel of God must be preached all over the earth, whether other people would accept it or not, and within their doctrine it says that after the preaching of the Gospel every perosn should know that the end is near and Christ would advent soon. They use the Gospel of Matthew to justify this part of their doctrine.

These are just some examples of the prophecies that the Iglesia Ni Cristo holds and teaches. This was discussed in formal debates, nationally (Philippines) and even internationally with other major religious groups.
[edit] Death

Members of Iglesia ni Cristo allows embalming for postmortem viewing of their loved ones. It forbids cremation because they believe the body of the deceased is sacred and should be cared for with respect. They dress and groom the deceased to resemble as close to possible how they looked in life. The preferred method is arterial embalming which injects formaldehyde into the body.

The interment proceedings of Brother Eraño G. Manalo (January 2, 1925 - August 31, 2009), which a non-INC dignitary described as solemn and elegant, was simple and devoid of intricate rituals and prayers for the dead.

This stems from the churchs belief concerning the dead. As a minister [who?] put it, Once a true Christian dies, he is certain of salvation on Judgment Day.[citation needed]

The Iglesia Ni Cristo Members use or apply these commandments according to what they believe the Bible teaches. There may be some more commandments being applied, but these ten are the main commandments which must be applied by every membght of attaining salvation on the Day of Judgment. This is according to their fundamental Doctrines.(This is just a summary of the Iglesia Ni Cristo commandments and their fundamental teachings and beliefs).
[edit] Prayer

In tagalog (panalangin), the Iglesia Ni Cristo pray as a unified group during their worship services and they do not allow or apply the "repeatedly way" of prayer which they believe that the Bible forbids in Matthew 6:7-8.

According to the Iglesia Ni Cristo, they also have an individual prayer in their house of worship before the service begins. In these prayers they thank God for the blessing they receive, and ask for guidance, increase in faith, understanding of the gospel, and forgiveness. They also pray for the church administrators and INC brethren. In the prayers for themselves they ask God to always be guided, have strength, and be united according to the Bible and their internal teachings and doctrines. All of their prayers are done in the name of Jesus Christ. They believe that Christ is their mediator between them and God.

The INC has various doctrines about how to apply group and self-prayer before eating, going to work or school, sleeping, etc. In this way each member of the church and the family will always be in the presence of God and Christ.

When prayer is conducted in the congregational setting or within gatherings of family or friends, participants are required to answer "Yes, Father," "Yes, Lord" and "Amen" at the appropriate times so that they are fully involved in the prayer and affirm that they agree with what is being said. [citation needed]

June 11th, 2010, 4:03 pm #6

I joined this cult so that we could be together but now i dont attend!! THEIR doctrines are in oppostion to Bible verses.. CLEAR BIBLE verses and they distort others.. BABY JESUS was EMMANUEL.. which means GOD AMONG US.. they dont understand or deny that in order for JESUS to be the sacrifical LAMB depicted in their logo.. JESUS had to be ladened with all of the sins of all those GOD chose before GOD created the World as God could see the future!!Jesus just didnt die a human death as that would not pay for the wages of sin is death.. the SECOND DEATh in the lake of fire or ETERNAL SEPARATION from GOD!! look at the verse of JESUS as the LAMB slain from the foundation of the WORLD!! These among many others as JESUS being ETERNAL in order to be the REDEEMER oR SAVIOUR for HIS ETERNAL CHURCH.. I have sent numerous letters to the PASUGO and the administration citing these verses and logical conclusions like .. If one must be in the CHUERCH OF CHRIST then what about the third world man or woman who has NEVER seen the BIble or set foot in a church or the little baby or the mentally retarded person?? Cant GOd save them?? of course as the Bible says " I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY" You know how many ninisters there i have asked anout Zechariah 13 where God speakes of how HE will lead 1/3 out of the fire and leave 2/3 in?? they have no response as i tell them do u really think INC comprises 1/3 of the earth's population?? let alone all of time? they look at me perpleaed?? Im conclusion Satan is loosed in these last days and it is eveident HE is there in churches like this.. I fear that she is so blinded as she has been in this cult for so long and has given so much of her hard earned money.. oh by the way we were in tough financail straits and the church would NOT lift a finger to help

June 11th, 2010, 4:05 pm #7

Jesus is BOTH God and MAN

he is not just God but GOD AND MAN.....think.....he is the LAST ADAM, the life quickening Spirit:

the spirit in him is God and the FORM OF HIM is MAN

now, what is MAN?

it is the image and LIKENESS OF GOD in a form: Remember Jesus said a spirit doesn't have flesh and bone as you see me have, right?

so, he has FORM but we don't know what that FORM OF THE LAST MAN WILL BE LIKE till we see him

that is written too:
God and man?? God is JESUS amen and try reading the Bible pelase and not out of your mind

June 11th, 2010, 4:24 pm #8

Like any other.

Ignorant, Superstitious, Pagan Gentiles...
-- turned him into a "god".

-PRev1-

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

June 11th, 2010, 5:08 pm #9

There is a lot of competition and just as in fashion, some prefer "that one" over all the others. There are many claims that we may never be able to prove, not even after we are dead. In the meantime, be free, and let others be free too, to choose one of the many, or none of them, or invent your own, and be as happy as possible!

June 11th, 2010, 6:01 pm #10

God and man?? God is JESUS amen and try reading the Bible pelase and not out of your mind

Jesus is not a man becoming god, but GOD WHO MANIFESTED IN FLESH, hence God became MAN In JESUS:

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: (((God was manifest in the flesh))))), justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1Jo 3:10 In this ((((the children of God are manifest))))), and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Zec 6:12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold ((((the man whose name [is] The BRANCH)))); and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:

Jhn 19:5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And [Pilate] saith unto them, ((((Behold the man!)))))

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; ((((Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God)))) among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] ((((by one man, Jesus Christ)))), hath abounded unto many.

Rom 5:16 And not as [it was] by one that sinned, [so is] the gift: for the judgment [was] by one to condemnation, but the free gift [is] of many offences unto justification.

Rom 5:17 For if by (((one man's offence death reigned by one)))); much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life (((by one, Jesus Christ.))))

Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present ((((every man perfect in Christ Jesus)))):

1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, ((((the man Christ Jesus)))));

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Adam means "RED" and man

1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The (((first man Adam was made a living soul))); the ((((last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit)))).

1Cr 15:46 Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1Cr 15:47 The ((((first man)))) [is] of the earth, earthy: (((((the second man [is] the Lord from heaven)))))).

so yes, Jesus was BOTH GOD (who is the POWER and SPIRIT within him) and MAN which is also THE IMAGE and manifestation of that POWER and SPIRIT: