If Jesus had received David's kingdom and brought peace on earth...

If Jesus had received David's kingdom and brought peace on earth...

March 20th, 2010, 3:41 pm #1

...could that have been considered a blessing to all the nations?

"I don't speak for God, but someone has to speak for the bible story."

Striver
Striver

March 20th, 2010, 5:45 pm #2

The following is offered for consideration.

When instinct had evolved into mind (the serpent symbol in Genesis) signaling humanities freedom from a Paradise-like instinctual existence, mind began, as depicted in Gen. 3:22, its evolution, its warfare with, and defeating, whatever impedimenta blocked its way.

Whatever state of mind being overcome was the Satan of the emerging mind quality overcoming it.

I have read that Writers of the Old Testament used tribal battles which actually occurred as models for the war waged within; the war waged between the higher and lower qualities involved.

Not too long after 9-11 my wife and I watched an Islamic Clergyman say the cause of terrorism is that the Fundamentalists have confused the Jihad within between our higher and lower (our chimp brain) natures. This Islamic Clergyman said at one time Islam was a religion of peace but the Fundamentalists, incapable to grasp Jihad's true meaning, believing it meant the Jihad without, is the cause of the radical Islam we see today. Seems like Fundamentalists of all religions are a global pain in the derriere.

So the war between instinct and God mind began with Gen. 3:22.

The war between animal instinct and human mind is covered, in symbol and allegory , in the Old Testament. Human mind won the war. During this war, animal instinct was Satan.

The not at all new, New Testament covers that period of mind's evolution (in quality) between God (the God to which Psalm 82.6 refers) and human mind (the new Satan) creating that new perception, in its infancy, called Christ mind.

The New Testament, which is, as we who have done our homework knew is new only to the orthodox Christian world, is an allegorical and symbolic depiction of human mind blending with, becoming one with, God mind. What God mind is I haven't a clue. We come to understand what is God mind via the growing catalyst called Christ mind, because "No man cometh to the Father but by attaining Christ mind."

If what Pill. 2:6 says is true, that Christ mind is equal to God mind, we are heading for God mind. Why? Well, once again it depends upon the accuracy of the Bible. Christ said we'd be able to do all the things he did, etc,. etc.If this is true, we'll achieve God mind.

The question that automatically follows in the mind any thinking person is, "what, precisely, is God?

March 20th, 2010, 6:10 pm #3

is not a physical kingdom. Just as scripture says the Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU, so also is the Davidic kingdom. Physical things are shadows of spiritual things. JB

March 20th, 2010, 11:21 pm #4

Refers to the heart's desire of those who are committed the resurrection of the kingdom/fulfillment of the Abrahamic covenant. People who do not have the kingdom within, are not committed to it's resurrection from the dead.

"The Old Testament records thousands of years of history and culture, and today's Christianity reduces it to metaphore."

March 20th, 2010, 11:34 pm #5

The following is offered for consideration.

When instinct had evolved into mind (the serpent symbol in Genesis) signaling humanities freedom from a Paradise-like instinctual existence, mind began, as depicted in Gen. 3:22, its evolution, its warfare with, and defeating, whatever impedimenta blocked its way.

Whatever state of mind being overcome was the Satan of the emerging mind quality overcoming it.

I have read that Writers of the Old Testament used tribal battles which actually occurred as models for the war waged within; the war waged between the higher and lower qualities involved.

Not too long after 9-11 my wife and I watched an Islamic Clergyman say the cause of terrorism is that the Fundamentalists have confused the Jihad within between our higher and lower (our chimp brain) natures. This Islamic Clergyman said at one time Islam was a religion of peace but the Fundamentalists, incapable to grasp Jihad's true meaning, believing it meant the Jihad without, is the cause of the radical Islam we see today. Seems like Fundamentalists of all religions are a global pain in the derriere.

So the war between instinct and God mind began with Gen. 3:22.

The war between animal instinct and human mind is covered, in symbol and allegory , in the Old Testament. Human mind won the war. During this war, animal instinct was Satan.

The not at all new, New Testament covers that period of mind's evolution (in quality) between God (the God to which Psalm 82.6 refers) and human mind (the new Satan) creating that new perception, in its infancy, called Christ mind.

The New Testament, which is, as we who have done our homework knew is new only to the orthodox Christian world, is an allegorical and symbolic depiction of human mind blending with, becoming one with, God mind. What God mind is I haven't a clue. We come to understand what is God mind via the growing catalyst called Christ mind, because "No man cometh to the Father but by attaining Christ mind."

If what Pill. 2:6 says is true, that Christ mind is equal to God mind, we are heading for God mind. Why? Well, once again it depends upon the accuracy of the Bible. Christ said we'd be able to do all the things he did, etc,. etc.If this is true, we'll achieve God mind.

The question that automatically follows in the mind any thinking person is, "what, precisely, is God?

We can spiritualize the literal, and we can literalize the spiritual, but within the greater context of the whole bible story, the bible is about getting people into the spirit of the literal goal of resurrecting the Davidic kingdom and blessing all the nations with peace on earth.
That may or may not be a good thing, but if it is the story of the bible, it is kind of silly to try to make the bible say something else:-)
What do you think?

"The Old Testament records thousands of years of history and culture, and today's Christianity reduces it to metaphore."

March 21st, 2010, 12:28 am #6

Refers to the heart's desire of those who are committed the resurrection of the kingdom/fulfillment of the Abrahamic covenant. People who do not have the kingdom within, are not committed to it's resurrection from the dead.

is not a physical kingdom. All the people and places in the scriptures are just a set of role plays that signify how God moves on the heart (heaven) and mind (earth) of a person's soul; The old creation becomes a new creation in Christ Jesus (God's appointed process of salvation). JB

Iceman
Iceman

March 21st, 2010, 12:43 am #7

I beleive Strivers ideas tend to express the concept of a spiritual kingdom. Sorta!

Davids Kingdom was never based upon peace. He was one of the most brutal dictators of all time - just the Bible tends not to reflect his ruthlessness.

I don't see that animal mind is nearly as bad as our so called enlightened mind. Chimps and Gorillas rarely commit atrocities anything like what we humans do. There is much to be said for simplistic thinking in that our nearest animal relatives remain aware of their environment, take care of their young, educate, love and all without greed, war, rape and murder. Perhaps we humans are the ones that need basic enlightenment. Seems the Chimps have a Kingdom that functions and we just have civilazation.

March 21st, 2010, 12:49 am #8

First you need to open the book (soul of man). If man was not a spiritual being then he would not pursue spiritual things. All cultures have a hunger for a spiritual connection with God. JB
Last edited by daat on March 21st, 2010, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

truthbetold
truthbetold

March 21st, 2010, 1:37 am #9

Jesus who?

Striver
Striver

March 21st, 2010, 1:42 am #10

We can spiritualize the literal, and we can literalize the spiritual, but within the greater context of the whole bible story, the bible is about getting people into the spirit of the literal goal of resurrecting the Davidic kingdom and blessing all the nations with peace on earth.
That may or may not be a good thing, but if it is the story of the bible, it is kind of silly to try to make the bible say something else:-)
What do you think?

Resurrecting the Davidic kingdom to the Esotericist is raising the frequency of matter to that of Spirit (positive energy).

This is, we belive, precisely what the Bible is about. No doubt many disagree.

The Bible, from the beginning of mind. deals with this...we believe.

But every organisation calling itself religious has its own understanding of what scripture means.

Of course there's the possibility that all (yes, mine too) can be wrong.

Do you think that in say twenty thousand years, or whatever, there will even be Bible?

There are ancient Oriental records saying that Earth's humanity has destroyed itself several times. Is this what our tribal humanity is about to do with nuclear? As Carlin said, "the planet will get rid of us like a dog shaking itself dry. (or something like that).

Most worry too much. Our planet really isn't important. Sagan said taht astronomers, at a certain time of the month can see 100 new solar systems form every second. Planets are cheaper than a dime a dozen. One day, as everyone knows, an annoying occurence called Super Nova will occur and there will be no more Earth. Super Nova just might be a relief to the galaxy. We humans really stink the place up. I read years ago what we are the galaxy's insane asylym.

As you, and many others also know , but millions of Christians do not, our solar system, our planet, is neither the center of the universe, nor very important at all. We will, following Super Nova (I was told that our system is so small that our reabsorption wont even be called a Supernova, but a Giant Dwarfism) be reabsorbed back into our Source frequency, Space, and guys on the other side of the galaxy not only won't even know we were ever here, but that we are gone.

So discussion by people who think is a natural thing. Like primitive man, we look at the stars on a cold, clear night and wonder. Thanks to the Hubble lots of questions have been answered, but we are still nothing more than a condensation of space; a condensation which evolved forms, some of which, us, evolved mind. But we shouldn't take our opinions, temporary at best seriously as to become disagreeable over them.

Boy, I'm really running my mouth, aren't I. Why don't I shut-up! Catch y'all tomorrow.