I visited a weird forum a few weeks ago. They’d lost touch with reality.

I visited a weird forum a few weeks ago. They’d lost touch with reality.

August 11th, 2010, 12:54 pm #1

I visited a weird forum a few weeks ago. Theyd lost touch with reality. At least I think they have, how about you?

I dont know what happened to them in the past, but they are obsessive Superman nuts. They thought he was a real life guy, could really jump tall buildings a single bound. He can see into peoples heads with xray vision and save us all with his super human intelligence, strength and morals.

Even though hes as American as apple pie, there are some rumours though that he might have been an illegal alien early on, from Kenya maybe, or further still.

I said Whats wrong with you guys? Superman is not real, he never was, and never will be, why would you think that real people can do this, have you ever seen any evidence that a man can fly?

Apparently the problem was mine, I was hiding from the truth of supermans powers, the price of which is going to be that if ever I am a victim of a wing falling off my plane, or fall afoul of a super felon, Superman most certainly wont be putting himself out on my regard, and in fact will definitely deliver me to the bad guys for not having the faith in him.

It seems that the mere fact that there were no physical signs of this magical and incredible dude in spandex is not enough evidence that he doesnt exist, they insisted that if I couldnt prove that Superman didnt exist then he must, QED. I countered by pointing out that by that sort of logic, then Batman was real, Darth Vader, The Terminator and Micky Mouse.

Strangely enough, this sent them into paroxysms of rage. Batman was a figment of my imagination, the terminator was just a cheap movie and Micky Mouse was just a story that only kids would believe.

They also pointed out that Superman wasnt actually using magic and told me about how there were other Superman fan clubs out there, but they were in grave error, because theyd been misinterpreting the comics and even watching the false movies. I opined that perhaps if they could have talked to Superman they could find out the truth of the matter, rather than argue with other people about things which in reality had never happened. This was not going to happen because Superman didnt like promoting himself, being the superhuman guy that he is, so if I didnt believe I would just have to be a victim of injustice.

I couldnt see why Superman needed me to believe in him, before he would rescue me, but it seems that I just have to believe that superheros dont reveal themselves or their true identities, and not ask why, or mock superman fans as that causes them to refuse to want to discuss the issue further.

Im still not sure why a comic book should act as a proxy for proof of Supermans abilities or existence either. A lot of fictional characters (such as Lassie, Ben Casey, Tom Sawyer) could have been based on real characters, and no one cares to argue the point, but when it comes to Superman, if someone wants to suggest he isnt real, youd think there would be a lot of inertia to the point of view that such a claim would require a lot more validation than the claim of (say) a dog might have rescued some children. Why is it so important to have people BELI
EVE that a man can jump a tall building anyway?

I also wish to point out that superman was around in the 1950s as a mature adult, which would make him about 90 years old. That might be logical, but these people demand that superman can never grow old, his state of non appearance isnt evidence of age, being a Kryptonian surely means he ages at a different rate and is still in peak order, and very, very super. I dont know if that really follows, but any old explanation seems to work to maintain his combat readiness.

All I need to do is believe in him, and he is always ready to keep the peace, truth, justice and the all American way for me, but if I dont, Bizarro will eventually get me forever, so why wouldnt I want to be a fan boy?

So, unless you want to be crushed by a bridge, have your car run off a cliff and drop into the ocean, maybe be smashed by another planet or have Lex Luther rip you off why would you take the chance?

So spend all your time reading Superman magazines, and have faith, the alternative is to have a freeze ray destroy you, one day. And never read Batman magazines, those guys have evil in their hearts.

Are there any crazed, deluded perverts who doubt supermans powers, existence and presence here tonight?

Why do you deny the truth???? Why are you running away from the benign power of the worlds greatest superhero?

Only a fool would deny Supermans awesome and saving powers? All you need to do is read the comic and believe. The comic does say that Superman IS truth justice AND the American way, and if you dont believe that yet, you need to read it again another 500 times. Then you will.

Superman believes in you, why dont you believe in him anymore? The country was so much stronger when everyone believed in him (and not Batman). Degenerate Batman believing bastards.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzq0p ... o1_500.jpg

Zombie Jesus who sort of came back from the dead...

<i>Away in a graveyard, a stone overhead
The zombie lord Jesus is raised from the dead
The bones and the corpses are at his command
And rise like their master to swarm o'er the land!
The women are screaming, then running away
Poor Mary and Martha are gnawed where they lay
I fear thee, lord Jesus, your curséd undeath
With worms in your bowels and rot on your breath.
Have mercy, lord Jesus, don't eat me today
Next year I'll be bigger, I promise! I pray
Some shaman or rabbi or priestess or such
Will stake you and save us from your deadly touch.</i>

I know Bible literalists apologists have their explanations, but they are ultimately just <b><i>band aids over bull sh!t.</b></i>

Biblical Pitfalls .http://www.network54.com/Forum/660399/

August 11th, 2010, 5:50 pm #2

In fact...
I even have my very own copy of...
<blockquote>
The Gospel According to Superman...!
And...
-- I Refuse to BOW Before Zod...!

-PRev1-
</blockquote>

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

August 11th, 2010, 6:06 pm #3

REM

Superman

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

August 11th, 2010, 6:07 pm #4

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

August 11th, 2010, 6:32 pm #5

Is it all...
<blockquote> <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
-- Relative...?

-PRev1-
</blockquote>

August 11th, 2010, 6:37 pm #6

As the Zen Master Humpty the Dumpty said:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

August 11th, 2010, 7:11 pm #7

I didn't realize that you were into... Dumptyism.
-- Saturday nights must be quite the ordeal at your house...

<blockquote>"When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra."

"Ah, you should see 'em come round me of a Saturday night," Humpty Dumpty went on, wagging his head gravely from side to side, "for to get their wages, you know."
-PRev1-
</blockquote>

August 12th, 2010, 12:40 pm #8