I've noticed a number of people

I've noticed a number of people

June 10th, 2010, 1:51 am #1

posting on these forums, who appear to be Jews. I've seen them "sort of" apologize for the behavior of Israel but I've never seen them come out full swing in defense of Judaism and yet, I notice a certain defensive behavior exhibited on their part .. FOR ... Judaism.

Now, I don't want to single out anyone or start condemning or praising anyone for belonging to anything but I REALLY WOULD like to see someone "in-the-know" about Judaism, come forward and take an apologist's position for Judaism .... just so outsiders could get a better comprehension of what it's about and what it means to them. (Yvonne excused from this request btw; I don't want a lot of mush of "meanings" on words).

I've done it myself on Christianity. I'm no longer of the Christian belief or persuasion but I'll sure give it a shot, if anyone asks me WHAT Christian belief means to Christians!~)

I'd like to find out if there's anything TRULY worthwhile about being a Jew ... or if it's just fond association with something very old, filled with tradition and exercising a lot of influence.

Now, I'll warn in advance that I will probably not be "kind" and "understanding" in my own responses; on the contrary, I'll likely grille any such person quite hard ... so DON'T do it if you aren't up to scrutiny.

-Vince

June 10th, 2010, 2:08 am #2

I recall she was Jewish, or had some link to Judaism. Can't remember exactly. But I do recall that from Crossroads I think?

Yes, indeed, Belle is Jewish.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264448/m ... you+picked

Two of my grandchildren are being raised as
Moslems. They are NOT being raised to kill ANYBODY. Not the Christians in our family, not the atheist in our family, nor me - the Jew in our family.

As far as your saying the Koran teaches against me as a Jew, maybe you missed this:

"Surely, those who believe,
those who are Jewish,
the Christians,
the converts;
anyone who
1) believes in God, and
2) believes in the Hereafter, and
3) lives a righteous life,
will receive their recompense
from the Lord;
they have nothing to fear,
nor will they grieve."

The verse appears TWICE: 2:62 and 5:69.

lox
lox

June 10th, 2010, 2:25 am #3

posting on these forums, who appear to be Jews. I've seen them "sort of" apologize for the behavior of Israel but I've never seen them come out full swing in defense of Judaism and yet, I notice a certain defensive behavior exhibited on their part .. FOR ... Judaism.

Now, I don't want to single out anyone or start condemning or praising anyone for belonging to anything but I REALLY WOULD like to see someone "in-the-know" about Judaism, come forward and take an apologist's position for Judaism .... just so outsiders could get a better comprehension of what it's about and what it means to them. (Yvonne excused from this request btw; I don't want a lot of mush of "meanings" on words).

I've done it myself on Christianity. I'm no longer of the Christian belief or persuasion but I'll sure give it a shot, if anyone asks me WHAT Christian belief means to Christians!~)

I'd like to find out if there's anything TRULY worthwhile about being a Jew ... or if it's just fond association with something very old, filled with tradition and exercising a lot of influence.

Now, I'll warn in advance that I will probably not be "kind" and "understanding" in my own responses; on the contrary, I'll likely grille any such person quite hard ... so DON'T do it if you aren't up to scrutiny.

-Vince
He is a Jew who is one inwardly, and real circumcision is a matter of the heart, spiritual and not literal. His praise is not from men but from God.

lox
lox

June 10th, 2010, 2:26 am #4

ç-ü-dî'-os Jewish, belonging to the Jewish nation
Jewish as respects to birth, origin, religion

June 10th, 2010, 4:27 am #5

-Vince
Had a pretty spiffy collection of Yarmulkas too.
-- I especially liked this powder blue corduroy one...
-- Yeah, that one was my favourite...
-- But... The Denim one...?
-- With the authentic "Levis" rivets...?
-- Oy...!
-- THAT was a very Close Second...!

Sorry Vince...
But...
Not unlike Christianity...
There's not much in Judaism worth "defending".

It's even MORE Elitist than Christianity...
To the point where Jews aren't supposed to marry outside of the "religion"...
Which means that Jews aren't supposed to marry outside of the "nationality"...
Which means that Jews usually end up marrying from within a closed community...
Which means...
Genetic defects due to "inbreeding"...
Which means...
-- Tay-Sach's Disease.

But...
The Traditions go back Thousands of Years...
And, Those Traditions...
Are practically Bred into the Jewish people.
To the point where the "defense" response is almost a matter of... "instinct".

The Paranoia...
-- Oy...! The whole World is out to get the Jews...!
-- Ever since Pharaoh chased us out of Egypt...!
-- And THEN... HITLER...!
-- We must NEVER Forget...!
-- And...
-- We must NEVER Let the WORLD Forget...!
It's Branded into the very Pysche of the Jewish People.

But...
The Food...?
-- Now THAT... I like.

-PRev1-

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

June 10th, 2010, 8:11 am #6

Being of Mennonite extraction myself, I understand that "instinct". It's really just imagination though; Mennonites are no better or worse than any other people. They have their specialties and yeah ... I like certain Mennonite foods too.

The inbreeding was there with the Mennonites as well but I guess they didn't get a long enough time for it to have turned into "Tay-Sach's" disease or syndrome. I don't know of anything like that existing amongst Mennonites.

The "funny" thing about Mennonites is that they were extreme purists when it came to the Bible and Bible interpretation. Thus, they splintered into exclusive groups quite readily and into quite a LOT of groups. The difference could be as small as .... one group took communion ONLY when standing up! But once such a group split away, the others were forbidden to have normal relations with them and vice-versa. So THAT ... could cause its own problem of preventing inter-marriages.

My grandfather was excommunicated circa 1912 from HIS church for buying a car with rubber tires. It wasn't a sin to have steel wheels but having rubber on the wheels ...... WELL! .... that was being PRIDEFUL! A few years ago, one of my cousins (from that area) was visiting in Calgary and I spent some time with him in a tete-a-tete over dinner at a Perkin's restaurant. He told me -no shit- that he had been APPROACHED by elders of this church to ask "forgiveness" for expelling my Grandfather such a long time ago!! Good lord.

I would have thought that Jews pride themselves in having accumulated wisdoms from their long history and from their memorable rabbi interpretations, philosophies etc. I also perceive that Jewish life is highly family oriented and that kids are encouraged to be independent and confident -something that Mennonites discouraged ... to their own detriment. I've always thought that is a POSITIVE of being Jewish.

I perceive that Jews SCHEME a lot amongst themselves ... on ways to exploit and maybe even "cheat" ... gentiles ... and on ways to get their own business plans going and how to help each other. In some ways, that's a good thing -the mutual helping of each other.

You seem to have a fairly dim view of Judaism though? Were you raised a Jew or did you become one?

-Vince

June 10th, 2010, 8:15 am #7

I recall she was Jewish, or had some link to Judaism. Can't remember exactly. But I do recall that from Crossroads I think?

Yes, indeed, Belle is Jewish.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264448/m ... you+picked

Two of my grandchildren are being raised as
Moslems. They are NOT being raised to kill ANYBODY. Not the Christians in our family, not the atheist in our family, nor me - the Jew in our family.

As far as your saying the Koran teaches against me as a Jew, maybe you missed this:

"Surely, those who believe,
those who are Jewish,
the Christians,
the converts;
anyone who
1) believes in God, and
2) believes in the Hereafter, and
3) lives a righteous life,
will receive their recompense
from the Lord;
they have nothing to fear,
nor will they grieve."

The verse appears TWICE: 2:62 and 5:69.

I knew that. But she's an "after-market" Jew!~ I'd like to hear from a born Jew.

My bro-in-law is a born Jew but he's also so full of bullshit I never know if he even believes HIMSELF ... what he spiels out. He seems to say whatever is going to be the most advantageous to himself at any given minute and his stories change continually.

So ... in a way I wonder if any Jew ever CONSISTENTLY believes what he tells others?

-Vince

June 10th, 2010, 8:16 am #8

He is a Jew who is one inwardly, and real circumcision is a matter of the heart, spiritual and not literal. His praise is not from men but from God.
that crap. I'm well versed in it already. What does "Jew" mean to you?

-Vince

June 10th, 2010, 8:22 am #9

ç-ü-dî'-os Jewish, belonging to the Jewish nation
Jewish as respects to birth, origin, religion
is ... ideally .... a descendant from the tribe of Judah. Judah was the fourth son of Jacob and Leah. Jacob's name was changed to Israel.

-Vince

lox
lox

June 10th, 2010, 11:37 am #10

Being of Mennonite extraction myself, I understand that "instinct". It's really just imagination though; Mennonites are no better or worse than any other people. They have their specialties and yeah ... I like certain Mennonite foods too.

The inbreeding was there with the Mennonites as well but I guess they didn't get a long enough time for it to have turned into "Tay-Sach's" disease or syndrome. I don't know of anything like that existing amongst Mennonites.

The "funny" thing about Mennonites is that they were extreme purists when it came to the Bible and Bible interpretation. Thus, they splintered into exclusive groups quite readily and into quite a LOT of groups. The difference could be as small as .... one group took communion ONLY when standing up! But once such a group split away, the others were forbidden to have normal relations with them and vice-versa. So THAT ... could cause its own problem of preventing inter-marriages.

My grandfather was excommunicated circa 1912 from HIS church for buying a car with rubber tires. It wasn't a sin to have steel wheels but having rubber on the wheels ...... WELL! .... that was being PRIDEFUL! A few years ago, one of my cousins (from that area) was visiting in Calgary and I spent some time with him in a tete-a-tete over dinner at a Perkin's restaurant. He told me -no shit- that he had been APPROACHED by elders of this church to ask "forgiveness" for expelling my Grandfather such a long time ago!! Good lord.

I would have thought that Jews pride themselves in having accumulated wisdoms from their long history and from their memorable rabbi interpretations, philosophies etc. I also perceive that Jewish life is highly family oriented and that kids are encouraged to be independent and confident -something that Mennonites discouraged ... to their own detriment. I've always thought that is a POSITIVE of being Jewish.

I perceive that Jews SCHEME a lot amongst themselves ... on ways to exploit and maybe even "cheat" ... gentiles ... and on ways to get their own business plans going and how to help each other. In some ways, that's a good thing -the mutual helping of each other.

You seem to have a fairly dim view of Judaism though? Were you raised a Jew or did you become one?

-Vince
seems you are dead to it all and just want your fancy tickled! good luck!