I read all of your testimonies written below, and I'm impressed....

I read all of your testimonies written below, and I'm impressed....

Tim
Tim

March 1st, 2011, 11:22 pm #1

"There is no such thing as a Christian child" View Thread - Doc Strange on Mar 1, 2011, 2:47 PM
Re: "There is no such thing as a Christian child" - Seoc Colla on Mar 1, 2011, 3:22 PM
Childhood indoctination is an evil thing. - Doc Strange on Mar 1, 2011, 3:54 PM
I remember feeling "special" as a kid - Mondo on Mar 1, 2011, 4:14 PM
Both common sense and available data - Mondo on Mar 1, 2011, 3:46 PM
Yep - Doc Strange on Mar 1, 2011, 3:56 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------

I think your testimonies are from the heart and honest.
And I'm impressed at the instinct to escape Catholicism.
Assuming you were all raised Catholic.

Personally I was raised Protestant Christian. And a Protestant "protests" Catholicism. That is why its called "Protestant".

I was not taught to protest the Catholic organization. But years after I left home the Bible taught me to expose the Holy Roman Mafia.

And I don't attend the Lutheran Protestant group simply because they are so confused, and as time goes on they become more confused. imo

I do believe Jesus is the Son of God. I in no way believe god is his own son.
I believe in a universal order imposed by the Creator. I believe all things were designed.

And I believe Jesus will return as King of Earth and our Brother and Friend.

But if you want to believe in no religious beliefs, I say that's better then being Catholic and Trinitarian or Deity of any kind. It's better to have a clean slate then one full of worshiping heathen entities.

Those are my thoughts.
Tim

March 1st, 2011, 11:45 pm #2

' Bible taught me to expose the Holy Roman Mafia.'

Really?...it did?.....where, EXACTLY did IT teach you that?

Scripture says that a christian's commision is to spread the Gospel of the Coming Kingdom of G-d....not to speand your time with some grudge against ONE of many deceived churches....

from wikipedia

The Great Commission, in Christian tradition, is the instruction of the resurrected Jesus Christ to his disciples, that they spread his teachings to all the nations of the world. It has become a tenet in Christian theology emphasizing mission work, evangelism, and baptism. It has been a primary basis for Christian missionary activity. Some Christian denominations believe that the Great Commission and other prophecy was fulfilled in the apostolic age (see Preterism).

The most famous version of the Great Commission is in Matthew 28:16-20, where on a mountain in Galilee Jesus calls on his followers to baptize all nations in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew also records an earlier lesser commission in 10:5-42, directed only to the children of Israel, undertaken during Jesus' mortal life. In Luke, Jesus says that all people will be called to repentance and tells his disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they become invested with power, which presumably happened at Pentecost in the Book of Acts. Luke also has Jesus dispatching disciples during his ministry, sending them to all the nations and giving them power over demons. In John, Jesus promises to bestow the Paraclete on the disciples, which perhaps is what happens in John 20:21-23. The Great Commission in the traditional ending of Mark is thought to be a second-century summary based on Matthew and Luke.

Some students of the historical Jesus, who do not believe the Scriptures are infallible or God's very words, as held by what may be called conservative evangelicalism,[1] generally discount the Great Commission as reflecting not Jesus' words but rather the Christian community in which each gospel was written. (See Sayings of Jesus.) Some scholars, such as John Dominic Crossan, assert that Jesus did commission apostles during his lifetime, as reported in the Gospels. Other scholars, however,[who?] see even these lesser commissions to represent Christian invention rather than history.

Contents [hide]
1 Etymology
2 New Testament accounts
3 Interpretations
4 See also
5 Notes

[edit] EtymologyIt is unknown who coined the term: "The Great Commission".

Scholars such as Eduard Riggenbach (in "Der Trinitarische Taufbefel') and J.H. Oldham et al (in "The Missionary Motive") assert that even the very concept did not exist until after the year 1600, and that Matthew 28:18-20 was traditionally interpreted instead as having been addressed only to Jesus's disciples then living, and as having been carried out by them and fulfilled, not as a continuing obligation upon subsequent generations. Furthermore, there is no indication in Matthew 28:18-20 that Jesus said that God would deny salvation to anyone on the basis of not complying with it, so the theological demand seems not to have existed even in the biblical passage which evangelicals after the year 1600 began to claim as the source of the supposed obligation. The issues of Biblical law in Christianity and the Law of Christ and whether or not they include the Great Commission are still hotly debated.

[edit] New Testament accountsSome version of the great commission appears in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and in the Book of Acts, which is the second part of Luke-Acts. Details vary from book to book, see Gospel harmony for the attempts to harmonize them. In Matthew, Jesus directs the disciples to baptize people of all nations in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, similar to the Trinitarian formula of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. In Luke, Jesus tells the disciples to preach repentance and forgiveness, and promises that they will have divine power. In John, Jesus says the disciples will have the Holy Spirit and the authority to forgive sins and to withhold forgiveness.[2] In Acts, Jesus promises the disciples that the Holy Spirit will inspire them. According to some critics, in Mark Jesus never speaks with his disciples after his resurrection. They argue that the original Gospel of Mark ends at verse Mark 16:8 with the women leaving the tomb.[3] See also Mark 16.

Mostly, Matthew and Luke follow Mark and are similar to each other, hence they are called the Synoptic Gospels. The infancy narratives and resurrection appearances, however, vary between Matthew and Luke.

The most familiar version of the Great Commission is depicted in Matthew 28:16-20:

(16) Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. (17) And when they saw him, they worshiped him: but some doubted. (18) And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Other versions of the Great Commission are found in Mark 16:14-18, Luke 24:44-49, Acts 1:4-8, and John 20:19-23. All these passages are composed as words of Christ spoken after his resurrection.

The call to go into the world in Matthew 28 is prefaced a mere four chapters earlier when Jesus states that the Gospel message will be heard by representatives of all nations, at which time the end will come. This is accented in Revelation when the Apostle John sees members of every tongue and nation gathered around the throne of God.

[edit] InterpretationsThe commission from Jesus has been interpreted by evangelical Christians as meaning that his followers have the duty to go, teach, and baptize. Although the command was initially given directly only to Christ's Eleven Apostles, evangelical Christian theology has typically interpreted the commission as a directive to all Christians of every time and place, particularly because it seems to be a restatement or moving forward of the last part of God's covenant with Abraham in Genesis 12:3.

Commentators often contrast the Great Commission with the earlier Limited Commission of Matthew 10:5-42, in which they were to restrict their mission to their fellow Jews, to whom Jesus referred to as "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matthew 15:24).

Textual critics note that the portion of Mark 16 which records the commission is not found in two of the oldest Greek manuscripts of the New Testament, the Codex Vaticanus Graecus 1209 and the Codex Sinaiticus.

Some (see also Preterism) believe that the Great Commission was already fulfilled based on the statements "And they went out and preached everywhere," (Mark 16:20), "the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven," (Colossians 1:23), and "Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations," (Romans 16:25-26).[citation needed]

The Jesus Seminar generally portrays the statement as a later editorial addition to the text.

The Jewish Encyclopedia: Gentiles: Gentiles May Not Be Taught the Torah states:

R. Emden (), in a remarkable apology for Christianity contained in his appendix to "Seder 'Olam" (pp. 32b-34b, Hamburg, 1752), gives it as his opinion that the original intention of Jesus, and especially of Paul, was to convert only the Gentiles to the seven moral laws of Noah and to let the Jews follow the Mosaic law which explains the apparent contradictions in the New Testament regarding the laws of Moses and the Sabbath.

Tim
Tim

March 2nd, 2011, 1:34 am #3

Really?...it did?.....where, EXACTLY did IT teach you that?
-----------------------------------------

The simplest clues of who she is Gerard, and what the Remnant need to know and understand.

Just a note about the Remnant;
Joel 2:32
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

There is a very old religious system that "shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth"

As prophecied in old times:
Isaiah 23:15
And it shall come to pass after the end of seventy years, that the LORD will visit Tyre, and she shall turn to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth.

There is a religious system that has "committed fornication"

As declared today:
Revelation 17:2
With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

The deadly wound by the SWORD of the WORDS of GOD, and the "GOLDEN CUP"
Genesis 11:6
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

The "GOLDEN CUP"
Jeremiah 51:7
Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD'S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.
8 Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed.
9 We would have healed Babylon, but she is not healed:

The "golden cup" that she holds in her hand today.

Revelation 17:4
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

The "deadly wound was healed" after God shut her down at Babylon.
Revelation 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

And she "goeth into perdition" unredeemable.
Revelation 17:11
And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

If we study the worship of the "queen of heaven" (Jeremiah 7:18 Jeremiah 44:17,18,19,25) and if we seach the Vatican web site at (www.vatican.va) we learn the catholic church is the church of the queen of heaven and deticated to that woman. Then when Mary and Jesus come around 2000 years ago, the Roman church says: "Oh, by the way, that old queen of heaven we worship is realy Mary the Mother of God."

From scripture we can see the harlot go from Babylon to Tyre to Rome and then she goes world wide.

Note Rev 18:19 "were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness!"..
This harlot worshipping system makes the merchants rich because she teaches materialism for her own gain. She uses scripture to teach that all must give 10% of their money to her. As opposed to 10% of your life to serve God as Jesus did, 3 of 33 years. And today with the harlot being world wide she is one of the richest organizations upon the face of the earth. She claims to hold all the powers of heaven and hell in her hands. She claims each successing pope is "Vicarious" and takes the place of Christ on earth. And as the scriptures tell us she "goeth into perdition" and "Come out of her, my people that ye be not partakers of her sins"

Also note: "by reason of her costliness!"
The old saying: "Rome was not built in a day."

Lets examine this next verse also very closely. (Rev 18:4)

Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Note: God says: "Come out of her, my people" or in other words those who are not God's people will not come out of her, but only those who are "my people" God said. God is not telling his people to come out of a county or a nation, but rather to come out of that world wide harlot worshipping system.

Also note: God said: "be not partakers of her" or in other words do not fallow her doctrines and dogma's that are non scriptural.

To come out of her, and be not a partaker of her ways means just that. And that is so "ye receive not of her plagues"

If I say to myself: "I am not in her, therefor I am safe" yet I keep her non scritpural doctrines and dogma than I am Truly a partaker, and I will recieve of her plagues with her, even thou I do not see myself as being in her.

The one man 666 "the beast"
Revelation 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 17:17
For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Note: Rev 17:17 It is the will of God that the beast/man/666 be given authority over the nations till the end.

Note: Rev 17:18 The woman the harlot from Babylon the queen of heaven is the one city where the woman sits as her home (seven moutains or hills) which reigneth over the kings of the earth. Its not a nation nor a kingdom but that great city of the harlot queen of heaven. Its not Jerusalem, Jerusalem does not reign over the kings of the earth. Its not New york, New York is not the home of the old harlot queen of heaven, and New York is part of a nation and not a sovern city like the Vatican. When we look around the world we don't see little statues of Liberty every where as worship icons, but we see little statues of the harlot queen of heaven as worship icons from the sovern city of the Vatican.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Guidance and love to you and yours in Jesus our Lord.

March 2nd, 2011, 3:40 am #4

i hope you come to understand....the folly of telling anyone it is better to be an atheist than a catholic.....i think you should be wary of considering yourself a 'teacher' when you tell people something as against G-d's word...as that foolish statement is.

truly....you are not really someone who professes christianity....you are someone...who is anti-catholic.

a big difference....

why is mormonism any worse than catholicicsm? error is error....truth is truth.....there is no middle ground.

you need to stop rhinking you can do G-D's work....and actually do what scripture says IS a christian's comission.

you can continue to ignore what i have shown you scripture says is the great commision....that will not change it however.

'I say that's better then being Catholic and Trinitarian or Deity of any kind.'....truly that is fools folly.

Tim
Tim

March 2nd, 2011, 4:42 am #5

Here is what I was told to tell you Gerard, right after I posted; "And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?"

And then I was told to ask; "Why are you against me/Tim Gerard?"

Make of it what you will Gerard, just to be fare that is what I was suppose to tell you, and now I did.

So on to your comments of your latest post Gerard.......................

""""i hope you come to understand....the folly of telling anyone it is better to be an atheist than a catholic.....i think you should be wary of considering yourself a 'teacher' when you tell people something as against G-d's word...as that foolish statement is.""""

Think Gerard, would you want to instruct children who didn't believe you existed or children who believed you are the Pope of Rome and a looser to the Vicar?

Think again Gerard, would you want to instruct children who believed you are the son of a human woman named Mary and that you became your own son in some weird way, or children who simply did not believe you existed?

And think again Gerard, would you want to instruct children who simply did not believe in you, or children who with all their soul and mind and heart and fear worship other gods and goddesses?

Who do you think would be easier to teach Gerard?... I think you can clearly see the answer Gerard.

""""why is mormonism any worse than catholicicsm? """"

Morons actually have the basics correct Gerard. Weather is from Joseph Smith or Thomas or Habakkuk does it matter?...
Is Polygamy a problem in the Bible? No.
Is worshiping the Queen of Heaven a problem in the Bible? Yes.
Is having a Vicar of God a problem in the Bible?
Is God becoming his own son a problem in the Bible?

""""you need to stop thinking you can do G-D's work....and actually do what scripture says IS a christian's comission.""""

What do you think the Commission is Gerard. Some stuff you found on the web that fits your satyr?... How about this Gerard, being in the spirit of Jesus, and what is that? "for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."
"spirit of prophecy."
"and he will shew you things to come.

And the rest of your post Gerard is about the GREAT COMMISSION and how I am a fool for saying; "It's better to have no religious beliefs then to be Catholic"

Another thing I was told Gerard, before reading your post, is that your conscience is seared....
But I will hope it is not, yet it appears to be true.

Any thoughts Gerard?

Bro Tim

March 2nd, 2011, 5:38 am #6

it appears you need to do as you always do.....

it is my hope these voices you have....don't ask you to buy a gun and enter a busy building etc...

my voice says i am glad this is the internet and you are WAY far away.

when you decide to directly address what i said to you...only then feel you have the right to ask me to address your ramblings.

and...it may comfort you to think that if someone questions your 'issues'....this means they are doing so because of some problems THEY have....you may consider t5he reverse is in order.

me?....if i question your error....you attack my character....below you insinuate noob is a dickweed when he does etc...etc.

YOU are not G-d and not some chosen prophet....contrary to what you wish to convince yourself of Tim.

it deos appear recently you are a little more sober than usual...which is good....so i'll take the good then(grab at the positives) and ignore the rest lol....

Tim
Tim

March 2nd, 2011, 6:51 am #7

Gerard you have Paranoid schizophrenia when you say; "it is my hope these voices you have....don't ask you to buy a gun and enter a busy building etc... my voice says i am glad this is the internet and you are WAY far away."

Forget about religion Gerard! Are you OK my old friend?

Remember Gerard the good old days, when you invited me to have pancakes in a Cafe near your home?

Lets think about that instead of religion OK?
Remember when you could say "I LOVE YOU," Gerard? No I guess that never happened.

Oh shit! I guess I am a CRAZY GUN SHOOTING MURDERER!!!!

Gerard listen, I want you to be my friend and brother. OK?

I'm not some psycho who is going to gun down people.

What is the JOB of a BELIEVER GERARD?

GERARD WHAT IS YOUR COMMISSION?!?!?!?!

Gerard your COMMISSION IS TO TEACH THE FUTURE!!!! IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!?!?!?!

Good, stand at easy Gerard.

Do you understand the battlefield!?!?!? Do you understand your neighbor?!?!

DO NOT SHOOT AT THE FRIENDLIES!!!!!

And here you are Gerard not sure what to think or do.
You keep pointing your gun at my head claiming "Tim doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about"

OK, I will pay for your pancakes Gerard, and I will pay the extra for ham and eggs on the side.

Mellow out man.
Relax and breath deep.

Bro Tim

March 2nd, 2011, 9:36 am #8

'Gerard your COMMISSION IS TO TEACH THE FUTURE!!!! IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!?!?!?!'

is the future...about G-d's coming kingdom....or ranting and raving over the Pope and the catholic church?

According to scripture a christian's commission...is about GOOD news....not anti-catholic warnings.

i would think it is rather unchristlike to falsely accue me of saying something.

YOu said i made this comment (you put it in quotes)

"Tim doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about"

i never use the f word...that's your specialty

And this age, is not about an 'us versus them' attitude.

'Every nobody is G-d's somebody.'

also....read what is at the very top of this forum in the guidelines....for it says:

"Comment freely and be prepared to defend your comments."

March 2nd, 2011, 1:31 pm #9

"There is no such thing as a Christian child" View Thread - Doc Strange on Mar 1, 2011, 2:47 PM
Re: "There is no such thing as a Christian child" - Seoc Colla on Mar 1, 2011, 3:22 PM
Childhood indoctination is an evil thing. - Doc Strange on Mar 1, 2011, 3:54 PM
I remember feeling "special" as a kid - Mondo on Mar 1, 2011, 4:14 PM
Both common sense and available data - Mondo on Mar 1, 2011, 3:46 PM
Yep - Doc Strange on Mar 1, 2011, 3:56 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------

I think your testimonies are from the heart and honest.
And I'm impressed at the instinct to escape Catholicism.
Assuming you were all raised Catholic.

Personally I was raised Protestant Christian. And a Protestant "protests" Catholicism. That is why its called "Protestant".

I was not taught to protest the Catholic organization. But years after I left home the Bible taught me to expose the Holy Roman Mafia.

And I don't attend the Lutheran Protestant group simply because they are so confused, and as time goes on they become more confused. imo

I do believe Jesus is the Son of God. I in no way believe god is his own son.
I believe in a universal order imposed by the Creator. I believe all things were designed.

And I believe Jesus will return as King of Earth and our Brother and Friend.

But if you want to believe in no religious beliefs, I say that's better then being Catholic and Trinitarian or Deity of any kind. It's better to have a clean slate then one full of worshiping heathen entities.

Those are my thoughts.
Tim
Tim said: Personally I was raised Protestant Christian. And a Protestant "protests" Catholicism.

So, what you are saying is that your silly, irrational religious beliefs are less silly and less irrational than the silly, irrational religious beliefs of the Catholics?

Got ya.

However, let's remember that you still believe in the same giant, invisible man who lives in the sky and his superhuman god-man son that the Catholics do. They've just added a goddess (Mary) and demi-gods (the saints) to the same parthenon you believe in.

NOTE: Removing the Catholic goddess and their demi-gods from the Christian parthenon doesn't make your supernaturalist dogma any more rational.

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?'" -- Quentin Crisp

-----------------------------------------------
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. For good people to do evil things, it takes religion." -- Steven Weinberg
Last edited by edstrange13 on March 2nd, 2011, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim
Tim

March 3rd, 2011, 1:28 am #10

'Gerard your COMMISSION IS TO TEACH THE FUTURE!!!! IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!?!?!?!'

is the future...about G-d's coming kingdom....or ranting and raving over the Pope and the catholic church?

According to scripture a christian's commission...is about GOOD news....not anti-catholic warnings.

i would think it is rather unchristlike to falsely accue me of saying something.

YOu said i made this comment (you put it in quotes)

"Tim doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about"

i never use the f word...that's your specialty

And this age, is not about an 'us versus them' attitude.

'Every nobody is G-d's somebody.'

also....read what is at the very top of this forum in the guidelines....for it says:

"Comment freely and be prepared to defend your comments."
-----------------------------------------------

I'm not going to lie and sugar coat it Gerard like you desire.
There is good news, and there is bad news to happen FIRST.

Do you know the purpose of the bad news Gerard? "And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe."
I'm not sure why you can't figure that out Gerard.

How important is is Prophecy Gerard? "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy."
And I'm not to sure why you can't figure that out ether Gerard.

And the fact is the Catholic Harlot has a lot to do with end time Prophecy Gerard. And the only reason you can't accept that Gerard must be because you were born a Harlot Worshiper, paying Homage and praying to heathen gods and goddesses.

Fact is Gerard if you don't teach the bad news that comes first, the good news will not be available to those YOU helped to deceive. You get the drift, or do I need to explain this also?

If you can't comprehend this then there is nothing I can do you old friend.
I can keep trying to explain it, if you desire. But I wish you would just learn it and see how simple of a task the COMMISSION is.

You know Gerard Faith without works is dead. "Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy."

You try to make it so complicated Gerard. It must be residue for the RCC.

Peace
Bro Tim