I have a story to tell. Gerard is a self proclamed Saint

I have a story to tell. Gerard is a self proclamed Saint

Tim
Tim

May 8th, 2011, 6:51 am #1

I had my own forum 9 years ago and Gerard and Joanne shut my forum down by constantly judging and defacing people.

Now Gerard claims he is a Christian.
Gerard wants to see you all dead dead dead!

I want to see you all live.

Bro Tim.

May 8th, 2011, 7:42 am #2

What the heck are you talking about? You really do have some major unresolved issues. Try doing a personal moral inventory. You really need to look at your behaviour. It'sw just not normal.

Joanne

May 8th, 2011, 10:04 am #3

i'll talk to you later about this....it is sad really.

i wish i could get him to go to just one AA meeting....i can't ..he is just not ready yet....he hasn't hit rock bottom...and that is what it takes for the program to work.

and i mean REALLy work....a life changing kind of work.

May 8th, 2011, 7:02 pm #4

.You can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink...or stop drinking for that matter.

Joanne

May 8th, 2011, 10:09 pm #5

i mean, the guy WORKS at a liquor store...sheesh....not good.

prayer works.....it is what i do for him. truly.

Iceman
Iceman

May 9th, 2011, 2:33 pm #6

AA doesn't work. It just makes people miserable. AA is about religion and not about drinking. visit
"orange-papers". www.orange-papers.org/ -

Rational Recovery does work. No religion and no meetings.https://rational.org/index.php?id=1

Tim
Tim

May 9th, 2011, 10:10 pm #7

I never heard of that. I've wanted to quite smoking for some time now, but could never identify the beast. And sometimes when I drink I loose my cents of moderation.

28 bullets for the beast makes complete cents. The beast part of the brain which in charge of heart beat and breathing also tries to convince the much larger part of the brain that is you and I to eat more food drink more booze smoke more cigarettes. The beast part of the brain has no concept of time nor chemical abuse nor any concept of future implications. Its just a ruthless relentless give me give me give me beastly animal. And it has no concept of it killing you.

The 28 bullets prove just how stupid the beast brain is. And until you can identify it, it seems to be you, but its not you, its everyone's worst enemy.
Eating too much drinking too much smoking and all those addictive behaviors come from the beast part of our brains.

Rational Recovery does work. No religion and no meetingshttps://rational.org/index.php?id=1

Amazing!

Thanks for sharing that Iceman

Tim

May 10th, 2011, 2:37 am #8

meaning YOU...and claims all we need is Jesus and to put our fiath and lives in Him....
now claims in the post i am responding to that a program...the 12 steps....which does this VERY thing...and makes it clear we/people are powerless to their addiction and only their higher power can give them the strength to over come......is not needed and a secular....'all you need is yourself' type approach

IF you really had attende any AA meetings you would KNOW it is not about ANY religion and actually makes sure not to support, mention or affiliate with ANy religion at all....BUT is about G-d and how we need HIM to over come our addictions.

certainly i get you would see no hypocrisy here....but there is a very very deep one.

and....because why?

i know why.

Ice is a very very angry at G-d person....he seems to blame Him for a lot of things....so it is understandable his position on a program that gives all power and control over TO G-d./

interesting to see you affiliate yourself as you are tim...again showing how deep addiction can interfere with a person's realionship with his/her creator....EVEN to the point you now claim G-d is not eeded to overcome an addiction....one that IS destroying you life, relationship with you wife...and most certainly you relationship with your G-d. it IS what addiction does...and is why the 12 step program is so focused on making amends to those whom one has hurt or effected with their addiction.

ANYone who agrees that the 12 step program HARMS MORE THAN IT HELPS...either wants to agree here because it is a way to get at me.....or....their only involvement with the program in from some website or discussion somewhere...they never have had anyone who truly was saved in the program....or....are just so angry at G-d...that any program that has a basis which claims we are powerless and G-d is all powerful and only by submitting TO that power can a person be saved from this addiction.....is repulsive to them because of their anger.

sorry you affiliate yourself the way you are tim.

ice...while he certainly likely beloeives what he does....9but, for why i claim)....does not care about you....i do...believe it or not. and i know you are not going to make a long life out of yours....because of your problem...and i fear the damage that your addiction can have on your family and relationship with G-d....is far more serious that you can ever see.

all that new ager crap tim....is an athetist/agnostics way to find a way to explain Satan....without a satan existing.....it is not G-d's way....the Bible explains clearly where evil comes from and from whom....not some beast/reptillian brain garbage.....

this sounds good to you????...as you said in your reply it did???

consider.....

2 Timothy 4
3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Iceman
Iceman

May 10th, 2011, 3:19 am #9

You make assumptions based upon ignorance. Your really quite dumb - besides being superstitious. I don't blame God for Jack. There is no god. Speak for yourself you judgemental jerk.

People are not powerless over their addicitons. It's just religious zealot assholes that want to convince them they are poor, powerless and have to grovel at the feet of a sky-spook. AA is a religious cult. Starts with a prayer and ends with a prayer. Most meetings are in churches. It is religious and the spiritual B.S. is a switch and bait tactic.

And you are the typical selfish, hate mongering funde who would deny Tim a chance to learn something that can be very meaningful. Who's to say his God didn't send him to Rational Recovery. Perhaps his jesus doesn't want him in AA and has seen to give him a program that does work. Of course like all AAers you believe only AA works. The fact is it doesn't.

Tim
Tim

May 10th, 2011, 5:37 am #10

Rational Recovery recovery seems to be the truth, and even gives a mental exploration half way through proving its truth of how the mind works with any addiction from eating too much to smoking and drinking.

Rational Recovery give the mechanics of the mind and brain and how addiction works and deceives the addicted. "And the truth shall set you free"

AA is all about, God give me this, give me that BS. And they sin breaking the commandments; "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God"

The bible doesn't teach about the mechanics of any addiction but Rational Recovery does.

Personally I'm not addicted to alcohol I can take it or leave it, but I tent to overly consume it some times, and sometimes not. Cigarettes are my main battle. But there again Rational Recovery sheds a spot light on that like I've never understood before. Amazing.

And my wife is addicted to food, and there again Rational Recovery has the answers. If I can get her to conciser the Rational Recovery explanation of addiction.

And Gerard, I never said "hand your life over to Jesus".... And nether did Jesus say that. I do believe our salvation is dependent upon Jesus. I believe God built into each of us everything we need to live on earth. And to ask God to give me, and give me, is to tempt God. And God doesn't like that from us.

I find the mechanics of Rational Recovery to be amazing truth. And something that should be taught to all teen age people. The core of the brain controls breathing and heart pumping and addictions of any kind. And the core has no concept of time, nor weather you are health or dying. Its a brain within a brain wanting all things that seem to tickle the body, even if it results in death! That is the inner battle, and not being able to recognize the enemy, because its the most basic function of the brain delivering those bad messages to the main brain containing YOU.

28 bullets for the beast in each of us.

Thanks Iceman, this is a discovery I will never forget.

Tim