Head Atheist Wants Bibles IN Schools...!

Head Atheist Wants Bibles IN Schools...!

May 23rd, 2012, 7:24 pm #1

I agree with Dawkins...
-- Education is the Key.

<blockquote>Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Bibles in Schools

Arch-atheist Richard Dawkins says he supports the efforts of England's Department of Education to place a copy of the King James Bible in every public schoolthough he himself admits he has an "ulterior motive." Dawkins first wrote in a column for The Guardian that the Bible is culturally and linguistically significant enough to be included in public schools: "A native speaker of English who has never read a word of the King James Bible is verging on the barbarian." But Dawkins also wrote that "people who do not know the Bible well have been gulled into thinking it is a good guide to morality ... I have even heard the cynically misanthropic opinion that, without the Bible as a moral compass, people would have no restraint against murder, theft and mayhem. The surest way to disabuse yourself of this pernicious falsehood is to read the Bible itself." He even said he would have donated to the cause had he been given the opportunity to do so.

The effort to place the Bible in schools is being spearheaded by Michael Gove, education secretary. The distribution of the Bibles corresponds to the KJV's 100th anniversary this year. It will cost nearly $600,000 to provide and distribute these Bibles to every primary and secondary school in England and has been paid for through donations. The Department for Education says "the story of the King James Bible can help childrenof all faiths and nonebetter understand its place in our nation's identity and history, and appreciate its influence on our language, literature, democracy and culture."

-PRev1-
</blockquote>

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

"If you suddenly think Stephen Colbert is truly right wing, that's when I would worry."
-- Neuropsychologist Katherine Rankin.

May 23rd, 2012, 7:34 pm #2

I have even heard the cynically misanthropic opinion that, without the Bible as a moral compass, people would have no restraint against murder, theft and mayhem. The surest way to disabuse yourself of this pernicious falsehood is to read the Bible itself."
Amen. If read the Bible is read literally. There are esoteric readings that can get around this, but as understood by most, it certainly is a pernicious falsehood.

May 23rd, 2012, 8:01 pm #3

the Bible is not for people without a spiritual awakening, which is pretty obvious

those who read it with the natural mind are totally misled by it

so why was it put out there for the masses?

ask those who made it available but I would say it is because it was meant to be READILY available as more and more people had the EXPERIENCE of the writers so they have something to cling to to help them renew their mind

I explained in my post on physics, when humanity falls into the singularity or black hole, ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE an experience of the LIGHT will survive it

the rest will return to God as spirit

unclothed

no FORM........meaning they won't exist as separate from God

nature or God made some to be IN HIS IMAGE and LIKENESS, to dwell in FORM called 'MAN'

all people today think man is the male species

but that is not MAN, just a male

only after MAN comes on the scence, will there be NO MORE MALES............or females

but JUST MAN

only those who become MAN will KNOW what that is

ps

morality is understanding HOW evil and good work together in the "RIGHT" way

MAN is that "RIGHTEOUS" ONE

the Bible explains there are only two men

the first one in whom we all died and become immoral

and the LAST MAN in whom we are all made ALIVE....

this MAN will BE the ONLY MAN

and his creation is his Kingdom

every one who is born through this Man knows and sees, and hears and tastes and chooses as he does because they are PART OF HIM

Dawkins......not so far

he is going back to God where he came from........and the fire will only feel hot till the stuff that is not God is burned away......
Last edited by Harpazo on May 23rd, 2012, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

May 23rd, 2012, 8:23 pm #4

That a literal reading would support Dawkins' comments. Your reading is of course not literal.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

May 24th, 2012, 12:25 am #5

the Bible is not for people without a spiritual awakening, which is pretty obvious

those who read it with the natural mind are totally misled by it

so why was it put out there for the masses?

ask those who made it available but I would say it is because it was meant to be READILY available as more and more people had the EXPERIENCE of the writers so they have something to cling to to help them renew their mind

I explained in my post on physics, when humanity falls into the singularity or black hole, ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE an experience of the LIGHT will survive it

the rest will return to God as spirit

unclothed

no FORM........meaning they won't exist as separate from God

nature or God made some to be IN HIS IMAGE and LIKENESS, to dwell in FORM called 'MAN'

all people today think man is the male species

but that is not MAN, just a male

only after MAN comes on the scence, will there be NO MORE MALES............or females

but JUST MAN

only those who become MAN will KNOW what that is

ps

morality is understanding HOW evil and good work together in the "RIGHT" way

MAN is that "RIGHTEOUS" ONE

the Bible explains there are only two men

the first one in whom we all died and become immoral

and the LAST MAN in whom we are all made ALIVE....

this MAN will BE the ONLY MAN

and his creation is his Kingdom

every one who is born through this Man knows and sees, and hears and tastes and chooses as he does because they are PART OF HIM

Dawkins......not so far

he is going back to God where he came from........and the fire will only feel hot till the stuff that is not God is burned away......
"he Bible is not for people without a spiritual awakening"

I think you mean a superstitious "awakening" dont you?

Some athiests are very spiritual, they dont need to be superstitious as well.