Good Morning Bob!

Good Morning Bob!

Iceman
Iceman

January 14th, 2012, 3:35 pm #1

What's going on on the Island. Had slight snow here this morning. No moisture at the present but the temps are down enough it may not warm up sufficiently during the day for rain.

People here get really weird with driving when it snows - and I mean really weird!

I assume you live on the east side of the island so it may be cool enough to get a fair drop. All day yesterday we were covered in clouds and Sooke and Victoria were bathed in sunlight, which isn't uncommon. Maybe there is a message there.

Have a pleasant weekend, even if it does snow.

January 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm #2

I expected to wake up to snow but not here yet. Some higher elevations have snow and the weatherman is still forecasting snow every day next week. Outside temperature at out house right now is +1°C, just above freezing.

It seems strange for me to be home. This is the time of year when I am usually away to some exotic place. However, I am in the process of retiring and have some business stuff to clean up first - still hope to get away in February or March.

Enjoy your weekend Ice.

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone"
(Thanks Kristy)

Iceman
Iceman

January 14th, 2012, 5:08 pm #3

If you don't mind my asking? Whats your business? February is a good time to get away. I actually enjoy winter so stay here and take my vacation in August. Usually go down to southern Oregon into nEvada and through the High Serrias. Then over into Calif down the Coast to Monterrey area. I am a Muscle Car buff so I take in weekend drive in car shows and generally "Hot August Nights" in Reno. Once in a while Drag Races - but they arn't the fun like when I was young. Too many regulations now and it's all about money.

Anyway in the last hour the weather has picked up. We're getting wind gust to 30 or so now out of the NW.

Take care.

January 14th, 2012, 5:59 pm #4

Generally speaking - I am a Construction Consultant - Project Management

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone"
(Thanks Kristy)

January 14th, 2012, 6:01 pm #5

I heard in Victoria they are called gazebobs!

January 14th, 2012, 6:08 pm #6

http://www.network54.com/Forum/677600/m ... d+everyone

(Thanks Kristy)