Fallacy defined and the fallacy of the Unregenerate, re; Pascal's Wager.

Fallacy defined and the fallacy of the Unregenerate, re; Pascal's Wager.

February 14th, 2010, 3:06 pm #1

fal·la·cy (fl-s)
n. pl. fal·la·cies
1. A false notion.
2. A statement or an argument based on a false or invalid inference.
3. Incorrectness of reasoning or belief; erroneousness.
4. The quality of being deceptive.

Col 2:8
8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. (NAS)

Those who are disputing Pascal's Wager again show the Bible to be continuously correct every time, because the verse SHOWS they were taken captive by the deceptions according to men using the principles according to the world instead of Christ.

Again, I exhort ANYBODY including even wives to be a God glorifying wife and follow Christ instead of those husbands that clearly are following deception. This is the BEST THING to do because it may be THROUGH YOU that your MATE may come to Christ.

Now on to Pascal's Wager. Those who are deceived follow a logic of deception because it is a logic according to the principles of the world. Their LOGIC itself is a fallacy (false notion attempting to deceive.

The TRUTH IS, when we observe Pascal's Wager, he is NOT SAYING he was wagering (betting on) his belief, he IN FACT was saying there are TWO TESTS for belief.

1. THE EMPIRICAL TEST

Which is based on investigation.

2. THE EXISTENTIAL TEST

That which is based on personal experience.

Pascal was informing us that IF we consistently ignore the God OF the Bible, even denying Him, we are DOOMED being without SIGHT, and vainly pursue a SELF FULFILLMENT found only in the EXISTENTIAL personal experience.

One (Mondo) has ALREADY ADMITTED he doesn't see, so HE is DOOMED to the FALLACY of his existential logic. TBT has no concept of the differences between the logic (FALSE NOTIONS) of the world and the logic of truth.

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal

February 14th, 2010, 3:30 pm #2

Can a person looking at their self-claimed virtues comprehend their lack of humility?

Can a person suffering their own rationalizations supported only by circular reasoning ever escape the chains of their flawed logic?

February 14th, 2010, 3:39 pm #3

When it comes to matters of the spirit - logic is ALWAYS flawed. This is a picture of my brain functioning in "Logic" mode.

"Making friends - the highest calling"<i></i>

February 14th, 2010, 3:39 pm #4

Can a person looking at their self-claimed virtues comprehend their lack of humility?

Can a person suffering their own rationalizations supported only by circular reasoning ever escape the chains of their flawed logic?
..spiritual sight if he doesn't have the same Spirit? As I informed you before Noob, one born without physical sight cannot WITHIN HIMSELF visualize beautiful WITHOUT some source OUTSIDE OF HIMSELF. Have you not yet grasped that?

February 14th, 2010, 3:41 pm #5

When it comes to matters of the spirit - logic is ALWAYS flawed. This is a picture of my brain functioning in "Logic" mode.

I guess it makes sense to you, because you use it don't you?

February 14th, 2010, 3:42 pm #6

..spiritual sight if he doesn't have the same Spirit? As I informed you before Noob, one born without physical sight cannot WITHIN HIMSELF visualize beautiful WITHOUT some source OUTSIDE OF HIMSELF. Have you not yet grasped that?

"With God, all things are possible".

You are stuck in your own rationalizations that you support with circular reasoning. No one can get you out, but yourself.

February 14th, 2010, 3:44 pm #7

I'm not one to jump to accept anything as "ALWAYS" and "NEVER".

February 14th, 2010, 3:46 pm #8

I guess it makes sense to you, because you use it don't you?

Are you disagreeing with me Nucc? - If my brain was capable of seeking and finding the truth, I would not need God.

I am believing God on this point.

February 14th, 2010, 3:48 pm #9

fal·la·cy (fl-s)
n. pl. fal·la·cies
1. A false notion.
2. A statement or an argument based on a false or invalid inference.
3. Incorrectness of reasoning or belief; erroneousness.
4. The quality of being deceptive.

Col 2:8
8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. (NAS)

Those who are disputing Pascal's Wager again show the Bible to be continuously correct every time, because the verse SHOWS they were taken captive by the deceptions according to men using the principles according to the world instead of Christ.

Again, I exhort ANYBODY including even wives to be a God glorifying wife and follow Christ instead of those husbands that clearly are following deception. This is the BEST THING to do because it may be THROUGH YOU that your MATE may come to Christ.

Now on to Pascal's Wager. Those who are deceived follow a logic of deception because it is a logic according to the principles of the world. Their LOGIC itself is a fallacy (false notion attempting to deceive.

The TRUTH IS, when we observe Pascal's Wager, he is NOT SAYING he was wagering (betting on) his belief, he IN FACT was saying there are TWO TESTS for belief.

1. THE EMPIRICAL TEST

Which is based on investigation.

2. THE EXISTENTIAL TEST

That which is based on personal experience.

Pascal was informing us that IF we consistently ignore the God OF the Bible, even denying Him, we are DOOMED being without SIGHT, and vainly pursue a SELF FULFILLMENT found only in the EXISTENTIAL personal experience.

One (Mondo) has ALREADY ADMITTED he doesn't see, so HE is DOOMED to the FALLACY of his existential logic. TBT has no concept of the differences between the logic (FALSE NOTIONS) of the world and the logic of truth.

I did not admit any such thing.

This speaks to how far you are from the Christ you claim.

Repent Nucc. Honestly, turn from your deceit and lying. You know you are lying, God knows you are lying, I know it.

February 14th, 2010, 3:53 pm #10

And the dishonest band together to support each other in their dishonesty. Ironically, the bible even predicted such things would occur.