EXPERIMENT.....humor me

EXPERIMENT.....humor me

June 12th, 2010, 12:46 pm #1

now, Jesus of Nazereth went about doing GOOD:

if someone has the Christ mind, they should be able to do the same

this is the Elijah test against the gods that have no power

in this group, there are people with lots of ideas and intelligent people for sure.

yet I bet that everyone has a "NEED" that an idea can't fix even if ideas can give us some concepts as to how it SHOULD be met, fixed:

who is willing to let YOUR NEED be known and then DO what Jesus did;

Pray to the FATHER that the NEED be met and then let the FATHER meet that need if possible.....

if the whole group gets involved, the experiment would have the ability to prove itself as helpful or not helpful.

It is written that where two or more are together IN HIS NAME that he is among these; if we pray for everyones need to be met including our own, would we come back and share if it was met or not? Would we really PROVE GOD and see if he is true or not?

I would:

I will pray for your needs to be met if they are not ridiculous like winning the lottery....thats a want or wish:)

let's see if it works? what have you got to loose?

you could give others hope or proof of why it doesn't help to trust God, either way.....it would be an experiment worth making:

no?

yes?
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

lox
lox

June 12th, 2010, 2:07 pm #2

I got a call from my sister in law that her son got layed off from work. Headed home his truck blew the radiator. When it rains it pours. I have the confidence that the Lord will find this young man a very much needed job.

Of course there is many folks who need jobs...for example I placed a car for sale two days ago on craiglist and i got an email from some folks with the same predicament according to them [layed off]. They only have a certain amount of funds to get the car.........not enough... and want to know if I will take what they are offering after telling me what their situation is.
Last night i decided to give them this car for their price. Nice car! So they are coming two hrs away to get it.
I do it this way and have accepted their explanation because by faith i also desire from the Lord a need/met and i find it this way to release by helping these unknown folks with their needs.

June 12th, 2010, 2:13 pm #3

you have always lived your faith as long as I have known you; you prayers for my family continually help us and so, I pray in Jesus name that your sister in laws son gets his need met and that the Lord provide him with a job and transportation according to his need. I also pray for your family in all these matters and for continual grace to pray for others as you are led to do from the Lord.

let's agree in this request and let us know when the situation changes.

Blessings in the name of Jesus
amen

JVH say
JVH say

June 12th, 2010, 3:45 pm #4

in this group, there are people with lots of ideas and intelligent people for sure.

yet I bet that everyone has a "NEED" that an idea can't fix even if ideas can give us some concepts as to how it SHOULD be met, fixed:

Pray to the FATHER that the NEED be met and then let the FATHER meet that need if possible.....

if the whole group gets involved, the experiment would have the ability to prove itself as helpful or not helpful.

It is written that where two or more are together IN HIS NAME that he is among these; if we pray for everyones need to be met including our own, would we come back and share if it was met or not? Would we really PROVE GOD and see if he is true or not?

I would:

I will pray for your needs to be met if they are not ridiculous like winning the lottery....thats a want or wish:)

you could give others hope or proof of why it doesn't help to trust God, either way.....it would be an experiment worth making:

no?

yes?
Causation : source of one of the most committed fallacies
the invalid assumption that correlation infers cause.
CAUSALITY

'Be aware of what you wish for, it might be granted'

Everyone, by now, should have heard of this law as it appears in all spiritual writings of all religions upon Earth. It is the law of "CAUSE AND EFFECT" or "YOU REAP AS YOU SOW" or - for materialists and atheists - "YOU GET AS MUCH AS YOU GIVE".

It is of utmost importance to understand that the cosmos; like our subconscious, is absolutely without prejudice. No good or bad, no positive or negative, no best or worst, no beautiful or ugly, no valuable or worthless.... these terms are only valid for self. What is positive, beautiful or best to one, does not have to be so for another.

As we may be able to see, the terms good and bad, positive and negative, best and worst, beautiful and ugly and so on are not justified, and at best expressions of our own subjectivity. It is easier to understand if we learn; are willing, to think in energies. Energy is unbiased. It is up to us to make the energy positive or negative; to use it constructively or destructively. This means whatever we wish for we are entitled to and is exactly what we will get.

Creation has bestowed upon us free will by which we can experience life in its entirety. Life does not tell us we may experience only what is pleasant and beautiful. It is up to us what we want to experience, but whether we still want what we wished for once we get it is another matter. At least we had the free choice.

'The spirits he summoned he cannot be rid of now'

You have a certain idea, and thus you establish a cause. The effect thereof is whatever that idea was, it will enter your life sooner or later. You are afraid that after a few beers and driving the police will stop you or you wake up one morning, and of a project you have, you think: "Darn!, this surely will go wrong!" The energy created by this thought is a command to the subconscious; the cosmos, and it will be complied with 100%.

Whatever you do, or don't, what follows is of your own making. The cosmos, life, can perhaps be likened to a large computer with its perfect laws that you can program with your thoughts (INPUT), and the cosmos (COMPUTER) will print out the result (OUTPUT).

Your subconscious; the cosmos, does not know fear; it does not distinguish between positive and negative; it merely receives energy; a command, and works accordingly - and you will get what you asked for'; were afraid of. You will be stopped by the police, and your project will fail. Then you will say: "but I knew it, it had to go wrong." Correct, you knew it. Even more correctly: ONLY YOU knew it.

And since "to each according its faith", you received what you yourself caused in thoughts and feelings; intent, and sent out. It thus up to you what you think and feel; intent, and it will manifest in your life.

Don't point the finger at someone/something for whatever reason. That someone/something is merely 'the deliverer', delivering the message you yourself sent out in the first place.

Thoughts and feelings; intent, manifest - whether we realize it or not.

June 12th, 2010, 4:44 pm #5

You said
"Everyone, by now, should have heard of this law as it appears in all spiritual writings of all religions upon Earth. It is the law of "CAUSE AND EFFECT" or "YOU REAP AS YOU SOW" or - for materialists and atheists - "YOU GET AS MUCH AS YOU GIVE"."

I know that Paul said that in GAL 6:7 however it is not true. It suggests we can win God's favour by our own works.

It is grace that rescues us. The only works involved are the works of repentance.

edited only for spelling

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone!"
(Thanks Kristy)
Last edited by bobquit on June 12th, 2010, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

June 12th, 2010, 5:15 pm #6

How do blades of grass get longer? What causes blossoms to appear on flowers and trees? Is there a cause involved in how babies grow? Why not also an eye at the back of the head? What causes, if anything, adolescence? What causes puddles of water to get smaller? Probably many centuries ago ancient people attributed that to invisible gods drinking that water. Etc.etc.

June 12th, 2010, 5:17 pm #7

I would:

no?

yes?
As a group, such an endeavor seems questionable imho. I mean no disrespect. I simple believe in the notion that it is not proper to "test God".

I understand what you're getting at and what you're trying to do. And I hope that you're able to succeed with some folks.

June 12th, 2010, 7:43 pm #8

And it hinges on the MEANING of prayer. The Old Testament usually said, "pray thee" ... which was a direct request or proposition from one person to another. Later, it developed into intervention-on-behalf .... as in beseeching a judge to change his mind or asking someone to give another person a break. In the New Testament, it was a combination of two words, "pros" and "euchomai" -a wish unto. (Does prosecute come to mind?)

So it's not really a "game" which can be tried, to see if or how it works; it's more of a "down to the crunch" kind of requesting or intervention.

Now Lox, up above though, gave a perfect example (in my opinion) of how prayer DOES work ... in an unconscious kind of way. This person ASKED him for a deal on the car that Lox was selling. Lox had originally intended to sell that car for a particular price and it wouldn't have entered his mind to "give it away." However, when the people came to look at the car, they had a wish based on a very real need. They needed the car badly but didn't have as much money as Lox was asking for it. In fact, they probably had considerably less ........ maybe even just an "insulting" amount. Nevertheless, they "prayed" to Lox and he was moved by their need and by their attitude. So he ANSWERED their prayer!

This kind of behavior brings tears to people's eyes because it just ... well ... it just kind of "touches" them ... and makes them want to turn around and do something good like that themselves! It can set off a whole chain reaction which brings about an amazing "delivery" of an oppression amongst a community of people .... an explosion of charity which turns around and delivers a whole community from its bondage. That's the power of prayer.

On the OTHER hand though ....

Suppose these people were just playing games with Lox. They just wanted to see if "prayer" could work. They had no real need but wanted to get a "steal of a deal" and they conned him into selling his car cheap. Then they went away laughing and "rejoicing" over how easy it is to exploit the power of prayer. How would Lox FEEL when he found out how he'd been used?

There are two aspects to prayer then .... the sincere and SERIOUS aspect .... and the selfish and frivolous aspect. Both of them satisfy the same requests but ........ the MOTIVATION is worlds apart.

-Vince

JVH

June 12th, 2010, 8:05 pm #9

You said
"Everyone, by now, should have heard of this law as it appears in all spiritual writings of all religions upon Earth. It is the law of "CAUSE AND EFFECT" or "YOU REAP AS YOU SOW" or - for materialists and atheists - "YOU GET AS MUCH AS YOU GIVE"."

I know that Paul said that in GAL 6:7 however it is not true. It suggests we can win God's favour by our own works.

It is grace that rescues us. The only works involved are the works of repentance.

edited only for spelling

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone!"
(Thanks Kristy)

"I know that Paul said that in GAL 6:7 however it is not true."

You are thus saying the bible is not necessarily true, which, in effect, implies the bible is not inerrant.

If what is explicitly posed
is true, then what it infers
or implies must or should
be true as well. If not, then
there's something amiss
with the explicitly posed.

People : intrinsically intelligent.

When people turn together, they could become a herd.
When people turn a herd, they could become sheeple.
When people turn sheeple, they could become dumb animals.
When people turn dumb animals, they become treated as such.

New!! Improved!! Now With T-Formula!!

June 12th, 2010, 8:14 pm #10

How do blades of grass get longer? What causes blossoms to appear on flowers and trees? Is there a cause involved in how babies grow? Why not also an eye at the back of the head? What causes, if anything, adolescence? What causes puddles of water to get smaller? Probably many centuries ago ancient people attributed that to invisible gods drinking that water. Etc.etc.
but then you lost me with the 'gods' comment:

so I will repost the first part of it

How do blades of grass get longer? What causes blossoms to appear on flowers and trees? Is there a cause involved in how babies grow? Why not also an eye at the back of the head? What causes, if anything, adolescence? What causes puddles of water to get smaller?