Celebrate Christ-like Love

June 20th, 2011, 3:15 pm #1

None of us are perfect. I get that. But there are some that resort to rudeness so quickly, that appear to have a genuine dislike for many others, if not hatred. And many of these call themselves followers of Christ.

I don't get it. A disagreement about anything. Evolution, Causation -- results in ad hominems. Is that the Way of Jesus? I think not. They honor him with their tongues, but their hearts reveal their true master.

A blog about the importance of knowing God's Word.
February 14, 2011

Friends,
Today is a day to celebrate love. And for true Christians this should mean a love that is genuine, self-sacrificing, and pure.

Jesus' words in Matt. 22:37-40 matched with such passages as Gal. 5:13-26 teach us that we who are in the New Covenant ("the new way of the Spirit" -Rom. 7:6) live under only one law, and that it is "the royal law" of love. (James 2:8) -To love God (through Christ our Mediator) and our neighbor as ourself. -And that this will always be activated and done through the Spirit of God who is in us and who controls us.

What then does this true love look like? Well, it serves. (Gal. 5:13) And those who teach others are to do so not only in word, but also by example. (John 13:12-17)

Love also submits to the other -as long as in doing so we do not violate any other law of love. The question to always ask ourselves when in a disagreement with another, is, "Can I submit to this person's wish and still please Christ?" As Eph. 5:21 says, "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ."

Love always seeks peace. Peace is not the same as unity or camaraderie. We are not expected to carelessly trust others, nor are we to make friendships or alliances with hypocrites or others who are unrighteous (except when God's Spirit leads us to do so to bring about their salvation.) But we are to promote peace -not war, hatred, retaliation, or any kind of ill feelings. As Rom. 12:17 commands us, "Do not repay anyone evil for evil." And verse 18: "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." And Heb. 12:14 commands, "Make every effort to live in peace with all men." We should never be the cause for strife. Unfortunately though, since there are people who insist upon disrupting harmony, we should likely part ways with them, but always in a gracious manner, never in hostility or with an air of superiority.

It is true that love speaks up for the Truth and that it proclaims Truth. But this is always to be done in love (Eph. 4:15), with respect (Rom. 12:10), and "as one speaking the very words of God." (1 Peter 4:11) Many times God's will is that we be silent -as Jesus was when "He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. so He did not open His mouth." (Isa. 53:7) For even when insulted, mistreated, or slandered, love makes no threats back. (1 Peter 2:23) Instead, love endures such sufferings (v. 19,20), as did Christ, our example (v. 21), when "He entrusted Himself to Him who judges justly." (v. 23)

Love always forgives. -Seventy times seven, plus. Do we not benefit from the mercies of God -He who forgives us over and over and over again? We do. He therefore calls us to forgive "each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." (Eph. 4:32)

1 Cor. 13:1-13 tells us much about genuine love. That it is patient, kind, and never jealous, boastful, arrogant, or rude. It is not self-seeking or easily angered, nor does it keep a record of wrongs. And as Rom. 13:10 says, "Love does no harm to its neighbor." So. love does not harm -in any way- another human being.

May we all learn to love. May we all learn that God has one rule that encompasses all of His character, all of His ways. It's love. -That we love perfectly -through His Spirit in us. This is God's will. When we read His Word we know this; and we put His Word to practice that we may grow, that we may be conformed to Christ-likeness. For "if anyone obeys His word, God's love is truly made complete in him." (1 John 2:5) Indeed, to have God's love complete in us, comes from being obedient to His Word.

But if we have not this love of Christ within us, shining out of us, active and obvious to all, then in spite of all the other spiritual gifts we have, we "gain nothing." (1 Cor. 13:3) Furthermore, if we have not love, God's Word declares that we ourselves are "nothing." (v. 2) In other words, the inspired Word of God has labeled us "worthless."

God has better things, however, to say to those of us who love Him and who "Love our neighbor as ourself." Let's meditate on such encouragements found in His Word, continue to abide in them, and celebrate this wonderful gift He's given us. -This thing called "LOVE".

Sincerely,
with love,
Rachel

June 20th, 2011, 3:30 pm #2

Mondo said: But there are some that resort to rudeness so quickly, that appear to have a genuine dislike for many others, if not hatred. And many of these call themselves followers of Christ.

That's because Christians (most of them) really have nothing in common with the man-god they claim to follow.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -- Mahatma Gandhi

In my opinion, it would behoove "Christians" (ie: the people who claim they live in imitation of Jesus of Nazareth) to take note of Gerard's disposition. He appears to be the only true Christian on this forum.

-----------------------------------------------
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion." -- Robert M. Pirsig

June 20th, 2011, 4:05 pm #3

always looking at others to GIVE YOU AN EXCUSE for not finding the truth for yourself is childish....

most people including Christians don't understand what the PROCESS OF BECOMING CHRIST LIKE entails

its like a child goes to school...........and says I WANT TO BE A DOCTOR, LAWYER, INDIAN CHIEF.......whatever

nobody looks at that kid and constantly says...........well you sure aint acting like a doctor right now..or a lawyer etc

no, we understand that the goal will take a lot of learning and imitation and ridding oneself of tremendous amounts of IGNORANCE

people who have NO ASPIRATION to become CHRIST LIKE, are hypocrites for juding those who do want to become like him

neither the aspiring Christian or the non believer understands the PROCESS so why are either side judging??

the Christians who believes IN JESUS will be made a mockery for the whole world till he FINALIZES his postion which is impossible and not just HIS WORK but GODS WORK IN HIM

so others are just complaining about how God works even if they don't know that either

its like looking at baby in the womb and saying, that don't look human............lets forget this process
is it any wonder that NATURE hid the process so we wouldn't JUMP to conclusions about it?/

spiritually things are also hidden............and those who don't even aspire to something shouldn't judge those who do till they are complete..........at the END of the process

but scientificlly minded folks like the ones in here have NO DESIRE TO LOOK at process...........they obviously don't even know that there is such a thing

everything comes out perfect LIKE THEY are when they were bornd

on the other side of the spectrum............Christians need to REMEMBER that God begins with DIRT...

and stop looking at the dirt before it has the spirit blown into it.......to make A LIVING SOUL

most souls today are not alive in the spiritual sense but only at the animate levels

if they had SPIRITUAL LIFE, they would have TRANSCENDED the animate and see it for what it is.......a STAGE of Gods workmanship to MAKE MAN

don't judge GODS WORK either way.....he is the ONE who is doing it all...

the dirt goes back to where it came from anyway, so why JUDGE IT TWICE???

if you are a Christian, just work on PERCEIVING THE CREATOR IN YOU, the CHRIST IN YOU and see what hes doing

or you are LOOKING at the wrong thing.....

Last edited by Harpazo on June 20th, 2011, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

June 20th, 2011, 4:15 pm #4

But I was more talking about simple rudeness.

For example:

Mondo: Obviously, there is at least one thing that is uncaused.
Jack: Wrong as usual. Everything indeed has a cause, as well as an effect.

Mondo: What caused God?
Jack: God is the First Cause (a)nd since He is God he is outside the scope of creation (the effect) as well as your willful inability to comprehend an eternal Being.

Mondo: So not everything has a cause (-- r)ight.
Jack: Everything Does Except The First Cause -- Who is the Originator who needed no cause Himself since He has Always Existed and always will continue to exist which is why He is called The Eternal One. Your pea brain obviously can't comprehend it.

The constant resorting to personal attacks and ad hominems, is what I was talking about. It just seems very unChristlike, from a Christian perspective, and needless and rude, from a human one.

I don't get it. It looks kind of like hate?

June 20th, 2011, 4:25 pm #5

just as it is hate to constantly try to trip up a child who is trying to LEARN what it will take to make them who they feel LED to become:

you don't see Jack as a child because he shows you his teeth after you disrespect his TEACHER.....

hate flows two ways........trying to make fun of someone who doesn't LOOK LIKE YOU think they should look

and the one who feels that judgment turns around and acts even worse.......because he is still in the process of becoming as well

what most of the world and CHRISTIANS DO NOT YET UNDERSTAND

is that hate is REVEALED IN and THROUGH CHRISTIANITY more than any other religion

why?

because in this process it is OVERCOME

you always have to have something revealed before you can overcome it

even in the egoistic development

June 20th, 2011, 4:31 pm #6

It seems more a simple disagreement, a difference of opinion.

I don't see why that must always lead to insults with some.

Maybe it is hate.

Hate does not necessarily flow two ways, just as love does not necessarily flow two ways. So on that we'll disagree. Please don't show me your teeth.

peace

June 20th, 2011, 4:33 pm #7

just as it is hate to constantly try to trip up a child who is trying to LEARN what it will take to make them who they feel LED to become:

you don't see Jack as a child because he shows you his teeth after you disrespect his TEACHER.....

hate flows two ways........trying to make fun of someone who doesn't LOOK LIKE YOU think they should look

and the one who feels that judgment turns around and acts even worse.......because he is still in the process of becoming as well

what most of the world and CHRISTIANS DO NOT YET UNDERSTAND

is that hate is REVEALED IN and THROUGH CHRISTIANITY more than any other religion

why?

because in this process it is OVERCOME

you always have to have something revealed before you can overcome it

even in the egoistic development
and the reason it takes so long to be FINISHED in FAITH and WALK IN LOVE is because they want to be there before they DEVELOP there.......

like a kid wants to be like his dad (if he respects him) but he can't be like him till he grows through the same process his dad went through

simple enough

but as Christians, we stumble a long time trying to be something we are not......instead of letting CHRIST IN US BE WHAT HE IS so he can increase and we decrease

mixing the ego and Christian is a tuff tuff process, the most difficult process we ever go through

here the EGO comes to its HIGHEST and most terrible state

it wants to be LIKE GOD more than ever

and this is the FINAL dissilussionment

ONLY GOD IS LIKE GOD

which is why HE HAD TO COME LIVE IN US to make us like himself

even Christians have a hard time with that one

June 20th, 2011, 4:34 pm #8

It seems more a simple disagreement, a difference of opinion.

I don't see why that must always lead to insults with some.

Maybe it is hate.

Hate does not necessarily flow two ways, just as love does not necessarily flow two ways. So on that we'll disagree. Please don't show me your teeth.

peace
(UUUUU)

how do you like em?

anyway, you don't see it as hate.........but he does

just a matter of opinion

I know (VVVV) these teeth are more to the point lololol

June 20th, 2011, 4:37 pm #9

and the reason it takes so long to be FINISHED in FAITH and WALK IN LOVE is because they want to be there before they DEVELOP there.......

like a kid wants to be like his dad (if he respects him) but he can't be like him till he grows through the same process his dad went through

simple enough

but as Christians, we stumble a long time trying to be something we are not......instead of letting CHRIST IN US BE WHAT HE IS so he can increase and we decrease

mixing the ego and Christian is a tuff tuff process, the most difficult process we ever go through

here the EGO comes to its HIGHEST and most terrible state

it wants to be LIKE GOD more than ever

and this is the FINAL dissilussionment

ONLY GOD IS LIKE GOD

which is why HE HAD TO COME LIVE IN US to make us like himself

even Christians have a hard time with that one
And please don't misunderstand me -- I am not claiming perfection. I'm still here, there's your proof!

I also can get frustrated at times, and fall into that trap of using insults and ad hominems. I just don't use it as a first resort. It isn't "automatic" for me. But for some it seems to be an automatic response.

That just seems so far from Christ .. so very very far.

I don't get it. From a Christian and former perspective -- I would think that God, could sway these hearts. Unless of course, the Most High isn't listening to them.

June 20th, 2011, 4:39 pm #10

(UUUUU)

how do you like em?

anyway, you don't see it as hate.........but he does

just a matter of opinion

I know (VVVV) these teeth are more to the point lololol
Jack sees:

"Mondo: Obviously, there is at least one thing that is uncaused. "

As hate. Well then, it seems to me he sees anything and anyone that does not agree with his views as "hate".

So be it. lol. It speaks to his heart condition and his mind condition. A very immature (not childlike) spirit.