America's 5 favorite ways to ignore the teachings of Jesus

America's 5 favorite ways to ignore the teachings of Jesus

October 27th, 2011, 5:29 pm #1

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

-----------------------------------------------
"We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that the simplest explanation is: There is no god. No one created the Universe, and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; there is probably no heaven and no afterlife, either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe. And for that, I am extremely grateful." -- Professor Stephen Hawking, cosmologist

Tim
Tim

October 28th, 2011, 9:56 am #2

Fuck off Doc.

Tim

October 28th, 2011, 10:41 am #3

Do you have no sensible responses?

Even I, a non-Christian could have given a more reasonable reply.

For instance, maybe Jesus and God said nothing of the sort as implied here?

Maybe God and Jesus do not, and never have, existed?

Maybe the word 'rich' does not actually mean rich as in money rich?

And so forth...

But fu** off??

Let's try the first one here:

"Dont pray in front of other people."

And this is for anyone.

It's an interesting point.

Love
Jackie

Just a quick look via Google, I got these:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

"Why do Christians pray in front of other people when Jesus said not too?
Is this another example of picking and choosing?"

October 28th, 2011, 12:57 pm #4

Fuck off Doc.

Tim
I forgive you, Tim.

"My last vestige of 'hands off religion' respect disappeared in the smoke and choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of Prayer," when prelates and pastors did their tremulous Martin Luther King impersonations and urged people of mutually incompatible faiths to hold hands, united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place." -- Richard Dawkins, The Devil's Chaplain (2004)

October 28th, 2011, 1:03 pm #5

Do you have no sensible responses?

Even I, a non-Christian could have given a more reasonable reply.

For instance, maybe Jesus and God said nothing of the sort as implied here?

Maybe God and Jesus do not, and never have, existed?

Maybe the word 'rich' does not actually mean rich as in money rich?

And so forth...

But fu** off??

Let's try the first one here:

"Dont pray in front of other people."

And this is for anyone.

It's an interesting point.

Love
Jackie

Just a quick look via Google, I got these:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

"Why do Christians pray in front of other people when Jesus said not too?
Is this another example of picking and choosing?"

... this is what I was talking about.

If you don't share their beliefs to the letter, they get furious.

But thank you for questioning as you did. Perhaps he won't lash out at you.

"My last vestige of 'hands off religion' respect disappeared in the smoke and choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of Prayer," when prelates and pastors did their tremulous Martin Luther King impersonations and urged people of mutually incompatible faiths to hold hands, united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place." -- Richard Dawkins, The Devil's Chaplain (2004)

October 28th, 2011, 7:47 pm #6

Looks like Tim might just have gone off to sleep when I posted!

Good timing is the secret. Smile.

My Nemesis is Nucc, so yes, I understand.

Nuccy the Lasher!!
Haha...

(Don't worry, he sees ALL!)

Love
Jackie

I AM BAD!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Slap! Naughty Jackie

Tim
Tim

October 28th, 2011, 9:51 pm #7

I forgive you, Tim.

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope, and still 70 feet off the ground.

I need a job. And there pretty scarce around here.

Sorry

October 31st, 2011, 6:31 pm #8

Tim said: I feel like I'm at the end of my rope, and still 70 feet off the ground.

I need a job. And there pretty scarce around here.

I understand completely Tim. While I've been employed at the same company for 19 years, my girlfriend was laid off last year, and has been looking for another job ever since, and things are really tight around our house. Every single cent I make goes to pay the bills and feed the family. I had to stop putting money from my paycheck into my retirement 401K, and now I'm relying entirely on the market to increase my retirement fund.

You can probably guess how that's going, with this economy we're living in.

So, I understand completely Tim, but think before you lash out at someone just because they don't believe the same thing you do.

As Jackie said to you, I was just trying to get people to think about the issues at hand. Simply dismissing the issues isn't going to help your side of it.

Why can't homosexuals get married? Because the Bible says so? Well, the Bible also says that Christians can't get divorced, but we never see Christian wrath aimed at divorce.

Funny how that is, eh?

A Christian I know, who is in his 4th marriage, told me that we need to protect the sanctity of marriage from homosexuals. So I asked him which one of his marriages is he trying to protect, his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th?

His answer to my question was the same as yours.

"Fuck you", he said.

Sorry, but to me, that's not an answer. It's an excuse for not wanting to answer my inconvenient and uncomfortable question.