30 Qs Rs X 2 A - 05

October 12th, 2011, 5:24 pm #11

so who else do you know of that speaks things the Bible says?

I mean I showed it all comes from ancient SUMER and EGYPT yesterday, but the Bible says "in the last days' God speaks directly to us through his Son.......because now its more than just the WRITINGS about these things that were from the beginning

but these writings are made FLESH in our heart and mind:

that means religion is overcome by the reality of what is written:

if in fact people claim this to be so for them

a lot of Christians are still in the believing stage and the problem with believing only

is that you MIX your own ideas with the GOSPEL (what is written) and that makes for a HUGE MESS

as we see with all the battles between the religious with one another:
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

October 13th, 2011, 2:07 pm #12

if you atheists didn't always QUOTE somebody else as being more relevant than a quote from Jesus:

I mean, what? they are your god? your master?

you can't think for yourselves ????

if you really don't believe in other gods

try coming up with all originol ideas and thoughts........ignore all but your own

see how far you get:
Yvonne said: if you atheists didn't always QUOTE somebody else as being more relevant than a quote from Jesus

The people I quote ARE more relevant than Jesus. They actually exist.

I mean, what? they are your god? your master?

No, but that's a nice strawman argument.

It is not wrong to learn something from others who have had more experience in life's journey.

you can't think for yourselves ????

I'm an atheist because I thought for myself. Give it a try. You'll find it enlightening.

if you really don't believe in other gods

try coming up with all originol ideas and thoughts........ignore all but your own

I speak for myself on a daily basis.

Besides, what does not believing in imaginary gods have to do with me gleaning knowledge from other people?

-----------------------------------------------
"We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that the simplest explanation is: There is no god. No one created the Universe, and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; there is probably no heaven and no afterlife, either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe. And for that, I am extremely grateful." -- Professor Stephen Hawking, cosmologist

October 14th, 2011, 2:44 am #13

Tim said: Your both a couple of stupid idiots.

I don't think that about you, Tim. I don't think you're stupid. Just misinformed.

Your fucked

If "not being fucked" means having to live my life glorifying myths and legends and believing in childish, immature things like imaginary friends, then I'm quite happy to be "fucked".

Time will tell.

Yes it will. And when you reach the end of your life, and you realize that there's nothing after that, and that you've wasted your life believing in fairy tales and nonsense....

But then again, you won't even be aware of it. You'll simply cease to exist.

You may be right, and there could be an afterlife that entry into would require groveling before a cosmic, supernatural dictator. But I haven't seen any evidence of this, and I just gotta go by the evidence at hand.

Don't make it now, because you will not win.

Win what?

FUCKING PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that, but that is not my intention. I'm simply telling it as I see it. Would you prefer I lie to you as you are lying to yourself?

If my being honest pisses you off, then... well... that's unfortunate.

"We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that the simplest explanation is: There is no god. No one created the Universe, and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; there is probably no heaven and no afterlife, either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe. And for that, I am extremely grateful." -- Professor Stephen Hawking, cosmologist
you are very cool....

a little 'strange'...but very cool....

have a great weekend.

g

October 14th, 2011, 1:40 pm #14

... and back atcha.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy this beautiful Autumn!